HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2014, 08:15 AM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Hey guys,

I bit the bullet and tossed one of my three pillars on the market. As you may, or may not, be aware. I was blessed with 3 stud GKs and nothing else... all through early SAs.
I posted one such GK on the market for one week.

He was 18 6/6 and his Qs are 83/79/81/87/81. He won GK of the year in S1 and finished 2nd in S2.

Old
02-19-2014, 08:48 AM
kytihu

Canada handball I.1 certainly likes Pro packs

Old
02-19-2014, 01:44 PM
tescosamoa

Well I made it to 8th place in Hockey. Now for a two game sweep and off to the 5-8 finish

Old
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
suprvilce

I finished first in my league with 107 points, ahead of two much stronger teams than mine (247 & 269 OTS, mine is 230 - and that with both teams playing 4 lines and me only 3). 34W - 2OTW - 1OTL - 1L. With the final win I also jumped over my final OTR last season, but i'm not very optimistic about playoffs. Quite few additions which lowers team chemistry, 2nd line RW with 67 energy and 2nd line LW with injury until Sunday.

Also midway through s3 in handball i'm 7 points out of 1st place. I don't think there is a single I.1 league that has only 7 points difference between 1st and 10th place.

ehm.. just as I was about to double-check standings in my league i noticed my top player (392 OR) who was on sale just got a 75M bid. Looks like i'll be losing most games in the 2nd half

Last edited by suprvilce: 02-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old
02-19-2014, 04:27 PM
tujague

Anyone ever wonder "Would my goalie make a good central midfielder?" Neither have I. But that's what happened in my ChL game today. I completely forgot that Leonard Stamper was suspended from season 5. Luckily the only mistake the auto-lineup made was putting my goalie in as a CF. He got a 15 igr, and I still controlled the center square 10.64 to 6.36.

My goalie actually got a better rating at CM than his goalie got playing in goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Well I made it to 8th place in Hockey. Now for a two game sweep and off to the 5-8 finish
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I finished first in my league with 107 points, ahead of two much stronger teams than mine (247 & 269 OTS, mine is 230 - and that with both teams playing 4 lines and me only 3). 34W - 2OTW - 1OTL - 1L. With the final win I also jumped over my final OTR last season, but i'm not very optimistic about playoffs. Quite few additions which lowers team chemistry, 2nd line RW with 67 energy and 2nd line LW with injury until Sunday.
Congrats on the excellent finishes

I finished in 4th. I probably could have had second (one point away), but I decided to save some energy towards the end of the season. Not that I expect to promote or anything. I just wanted to get into the habit of caring about my hockey team's energy. It's been a long long time since this rebuild began. I haven't paid it no mind since season 11.

Old
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Temm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
That's so weird. I'm selling a d-man in hockey who is 15 and was a 3-3.5 star pull. He's already guaranteed to go for $1 million. No idea why; I posted his Qs and a couple that count are fairly low. Not sure what the big draw on him is. If anyone can figure it out, please share. I'd like to know if it's worth keeping more mediocre players. Mark Snow
Hi Cory,
I'm seeing in Snow a solid young d-man with almost 400 OR, who despite being 15 years old, has 6/6 CL. The defense quality shows 88 which is not shabby, and the passing and aggression are showing 96 and 65 respectively. My effective quality calculation has him at 80.6 quality - the average quality is showing even higher at 82%. As qualities aren't known without a scout, maybe some teams are taking a gamble on him especially given his CL. I would pin him above 'mediocre.'
Temm

Old
02-19-2014, 07:22 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
My backup keeper in handball will be a winger the next 5 days. :-)
Well the winger played 60 minutes in net. 10 saves 32% save percentage. Mind you it was against a bot team.

Old
02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temm View Post
Hi Cory,
I'm seeing in Snow a solid young d-man with almost 400 OR, who despite being 15 years old, has 6/6 CL. The defense quality shows 88 which is not shabby, and the passing and aggression are showing 96 and 65 respectively. My effective quality calculation has him at 80.6 quality - the average quality is showing even higher at 82%. As qualities aren't known without a scout, maybe some teams are taking a gamble on him especially given his CL. I would pin him above 'mediocre.'
Temm
Thanks for the input. I actually posted his scouted Qs in the chat on him. Defense is 94, Passing is 99, Technique is 65, and Aggressiveness is 73. While defense and passing are outstanding, his technique and aggressiveness leave a bit to be desired.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Anyone ever wonder "Would my goalie make a good central midfielder?" Neither have I. But that's what happened in my ChL game today. I completely forgot that Leonard Stamper was suspended from season 5. Luckily the only mistake the auto-lineup made was putting my goalie in as a CF. He got a 15 igr, and I still controlled the center square 10.64 to 6.36.

My goalie actually got a better rating at CM than his goalie got playing in goal
That's awesome! It reminds me of this World Cup qualification match. (and yes, I almost feel obligated to bring it up every time a goalie plays out of position)

On of my CMs picked up a red card in the 17th minute today and I went on to a 0-0 draw despite winning STs 7-0. Not the outcome I was looking for, but it's not going to send my team into panic mode either.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
You can do whatever you want to block him. He still destroys me every game.
He shot 5/5 but we forced him into 3 turnovers and no assists. The Wing I assigned to defend him had 2 blocks. Ended up winning the game by 1 so I'm happy with the result.

Last edited by Steve Shutt: 02-19-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old
02-20-2014, 09:03 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
It reminds me of this World Cup qualification match. (and yes, I almost feel obligated to bring it up every time a goalie plays out of position)
Classic!

Old
02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

So I finally hit 11 experience..

Added a couple pieces that should help me out for next season.

PlayerORPrice
Martin Vašenda591$525,000
Patrick Freidig491$10,000
Roland Blum484$10,000
Ladislav Soudek479$10,000
Jacob Schoeniger451$10,000
Ignác Lupínek443$10,000
Karlo Wacker414$20,000
Willy Ahnert401$10,000
Vratislav Kmínek376$10,000
Antonios Koumanidis366$10,000

Old
02-20-2014, 02:44 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post

PlayerORPrice
Roland Blum484$10,000
Ignác Lupínek443$10,000
Karlo Wacker414$20,000
Willy Ahnert401$10,000
I took a quick look at your team, in case leagues don't get reshuffled your leage leads to III.2 and then to II.2 - this is the league i would suggest you to look at and slowly start buying very cheap players off FA market to compete in that league. It's gonna take 2 seasons to promote there but i don't think it should be hard to make your team competitive enough to be in top 8 when you get there. When searching players off FA market you can just set limit that no players under 1000 OR are displayed - you can offer up to ~50k for each player with solid skills and i bet quite quickly you'll have yourself a solid team. Nowdays i almost never offers contracts to players under 1400 OR unless it fits a position i really need (LW example). After few purchaces keep raising your standard and look how high OR players you'll need to compete in the II.2 league. You can offer 1-2M for players with 1300-1400 OR. You will improve your arena and facilities much easier with sponsors from good finish and OTR in II. league than in lower leagues. A team in my country that started on day 105 of S11 promoted in S12 from IV. to III. and in S13 from III. to II. and is 2nd strongest team in my league however the manager hasn't really touched his arena and continued spending on good players, maybe promoting and getting sponsors in I.1 will pay off for him.

I'd also suggest you to only play 3 lines. You aren't going to be competing for NC title or in international tournaments so you won't have energy problems, you don't have any youngsters who need exp and chem - you will also have lower salaries to pay for only 3 lines of players and less players needed - also usually we put worst players on 4th line so you just cut off the weakest link of the chain.

Forgot to mention one important thing, try to play friendlies in a big arena. When i started there were still zero 20k arenas in my country and not many total. I know you'll have very few games with huge rink at start (actually PRO pack and puck might give you ~80% of friendly games at 20k arena!!) but having good OTR, high league poition and with your players being experienced they'll be quite popular which will increase number of spectators greatly a little down the line.

Last edited by suprvilce: 02-20-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
canucks357

Quote:

PlayerORPrice
Roland Blum484$10,000
Ignác Lupínek443$10,000
Karlo Wacker414$20,000
Willy Ahnert401$10,000
Well done man! Some significant improvements over a day 1 roster!

##########

In other news, I drew 1-1 today against an inactive team in league play, thanks to an early straight red. I played my 12-22 players on L/L. Should have been enough given a 50+ OTS difference between the fielded lineups. Ah well. Still undefeated, but, I'll be -2pts off the pace now.

Last edited by canucks357: 02-20-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old
02-20-2014, 04:09 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Forgot to mention one important thing, try to play friendlies in a big arena. When i started there were still zero 20k arenas in my country and not many total. I know you'll have very few games with huge rink at start (actually PRO pack and puck might give you ~80% of friendly games at 20k arena!!) but having good OTR, high league poition and with your players being experienced they'll be quite popular which will increase number of spectators greatly a little down the line.
Quote:

Nice pickups, those should provide a good foundation for next season. Also, I sent you some friendly game requests for March. I have a 20k arena, and I was also a top 2 team last season in II.2 - the league you'll eventually promote to. It should give you a decent estimate of where you'll need your team to be at in a few seasons.

Old
02-20-2014, 04:15 PM
idiroft

Quote:
I took a quick look at your team, in case leagues don't get reshuffled your leage leads to III.2 and then to II.2 - this is the league i would suggest you to look at and slowly start buying very cheap players off FA market to compete in that league. It's gonna take 2 seasons to promote there but i don't think it should be hard to make your team competitive enough to be in top 8 when you get there. When searching players off FA market you can just set limit that no players under 1000 OR are displayed - you can offer up to ~50k for each player with solid skills and i bet quite quickly you'll have yourself a solid team. Nowdays i almost never offers contracts to players under 1400 OR unless it fits a position i really need (LW example). After few purchaces keep raising your standard and look how high OR players you'll need to compete in the II.2 league. You can offer 1-2M for players with 1300-1400 OR. You will improve your arena and facilities much easier with sponsors from good finish and OTR in II. league than in lower leagues. A team in my country that started on day 105 of S11 promoted in S12 from IV. to III. and in S13 from III. to II. and is 2nd strongest team in my league however the manager hasn't really touched his arena and continued spending on good players, maybe promoting and getting sponsors in I.1 will pay off for him.

I'd also suggest you to only play 3 lines. You aren't going to be competing for NC title or in international tournaments so you won't have energy problems, you don't have any youngsters who need exp and chem - you will also have lower salaries to pay for only 3 lines of players and less players needed - also usually we put worst players on 4th line so you just cut off the weakest link of the chain.

This! I can't thank these guys enough for the help they have given me in PPM. Next season I'll playing in Canada's II.2 and I believe I have a pretty decent roster to stay there. I'll continue to path of acquiring FA's to help sustain me team and I'll try to build a maxed out arena section at the beginning of next season.

And friendly in big arenas is a huge plus. They help me play expenses and save for upgrades.

Old
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Nice pickups, those should provide a good foundation for next season. Also, I sent you some friendly game requests for March. I have a 20k arena, and I was also a top 2 team last season in II.2 - the league you'll eventually promote to. It should give you a decent estimate of where you'll need your team to be at in a few seasons.
I accepted them.

Old
02-20-2014, 04:42 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
I accepted them.
You can send few challanges to me, idiroft and tescosamoa too. I've pretty much stopped sending requests to top teams since i have big arena now and that 1-3k spectators at friendly doesn't make that much difference with my income. Few seasons back if i didn't have all friendlies set 30 days in advance i was in panic mode, nowdays i don't know if i have a friendly for next week.

12 days unitl 20k arena, got 15M money for team ranking and statistic awards and put regen 12 in construction. I'll have to remember to keep some cash to buy managers before sponsors and not just blindly build accessories on stands when arena finishes. Days 109-112 = my favorite part of the season

Old
02-20-2014, 05:48 PM
fakezomg

Well, now that I've picked up a new soccer coach with 82/100 stats at age 59 for only 70k, I think I can definitely confirm that it's not worthwhile to train up your own replacement staff from education center pulls. Sure I'll have to replace him in 2 seasons, but that's not a big deal, as there's plenty of guys for sale. And seriously, 70k - that's less than his daily salary!

After disappointingly getting knocked out of the hockey playoffs on the last day, I got some good news from tying Arlington Betamax at his house today. If I can keep stealing points here and there from better teams, this season might just turn out all right.

Old
02-20-2014, 07:04 PM
canucks357

FYI - I only accept challenges from Canadian, American or HF Board teams. Feel free to challenge me. Both soccer and hockey venues are maxed. The only issue is that I'm typically booked a couple months in advance. But, if you can get in, you'll get 1-2M/game easily.

Side note: My strict accept/reject policy is due to the number of challenges I get. I'd rather keep money local and help out close to home then ship it off to random teams in hopes of collecting pucks.

Old
02-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
I accepted them.
Sent you some challenges too. Any day that's not a league game where I'm the home team I'm losing money, so happy to help pad your account if I can. Feel free to send me a few more if you want.

You already played before so you know what to look for in players and I'm sure you'll throw together a good roster when you get more cash. In the meantime, if you haven't checked it out, look at PPMe. It's a very useful tool that Mr. Orange developed to help evaluate your roster and players on the market. You might have already stumbled across it, but it wasn't there the last time you played.

EDIT: So I've been watching High Headerz players that were due for free agency this season hoping to nab one or two to help offset my sudden and unexpected promotion. Adam Engdahl has 13 days left on his contract and he's not up for bid. What gives?

Last edited by Cory: 02-20-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: ???
Old
02-20-2014, 09:36 PM
canucks357

Quote:
So I've been watching High Headerz players that were due for free agency this season hoping to nab one or two to help offset my sudden and unexpected promotion. Adam Engdahl has 13 days left on his contract and he's not up for bid. What gives?
His contract is renewed on day 25 which is 14 days from now. My RFA RB has a deadline of 1am ET, I suspect all players are plopped on the RFA market at the same time. I would expect him to be on the market come morning.

Old
02-21-2014, 04:20 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
His contract is renewed on day 25 which is 14 days from now. My RFA RB has a deadline of 1am ET, I suspect all players are plopped on the RFA market at the same time. I would expect him to be on the market come morning.
I thought RFAs went on the market when they had 8-14 days left on their contract and then the manager had the last 7 days to decide whether to match any offers. Pretty sure he should already be on the market. Are these remaining players just permanently on the defunct team?

Old
02-21-2014, 04:37 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
I thought RFAs went on the market when they had 8-14 days left on their contract and then the manager had the last 7 days to decide whether to match any offers. Pretty sure he should already be on the market. Are these remaining players just permanently on the defunct team?
Yes, players on a dead team don't become free agents.

Old
02-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Yes, players on a dead team don't become free agents.
Thanks for the confirmation. That's a shame.

Closed Thread