HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban offer sheet

Old
02-19-2014, 02:01 PM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
it's not specualtion though because you have nothing (ie: a website rumour) to back it up with.

This is just you asking a question
Speculation-the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence
I don't need anything to back it up

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
do not want...
I agree with you 100%. Too much mustard on that hotdog for me. The Flyers are not going to gut their team. They have something going here and just have to keep adding to the young core.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToGirouxSalem View Post
Speculation-the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence
I don't need anything to back it up

The wording without firm evidence imply s you need some sort of evidence otherwise it is just fantasy as some one else said earlier.

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
The wording without firm evidence imply s you need some sort of evidence otherwise it is just fantasy as some one else said earlier.
Some sort of evidence= Holmgren has done this before, Subban held out pretty long before getting his deal last time and he wants big $$ that MTL may not want to give him, therefore it is completely possible that Subban will last until the summer, my question was can you see Holmy sending an offer sheet, not "Will it work".

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:41 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
It could have worked with Nashville because they had financial issues, which isn't the case with Montreal.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
If I were Holmgren I'd try to bully Montreal into a trade by threatening an offer sheet but ultimately wouldn't offer more than Giroux's $8.25m. If they let Subban go unsigned before the deadline, make that offer to make them match it.

Offer Montreal either the 4 1sts or a couple of firsts and the B. Schenn or Couts + Grossmann

If they accept the Schenn deal, then offer sheet him! Then never expect to talk to Montreal ever again.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToGirouxSalem View Post
Some sort of evidence= Holmgren has done this before, Subban held out pretty long before getting his deal last time and he wants big $$ that MTL may not want to give him, therefore it is completely possible that Subban will last until the summer, my question was can you see Holmy sending an offer sheet, not "Will it work".
I was not replying to your original post but to the post where you said "I don't need anything to back it up'. Now you have supplied your evidence for your speculation so every thing is OK.

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
If I were Holmgren I'd try to bully Montreal into a trade by threatening an offer sheet but ultimately wouldn't offer more than Giroux's $8.25m. If they let Subban go unsigned before the deadline, make that offer to make them match it.

Offer Montreal either the 4 1sts or a couple of firsts and the B. Schenn or Couts + Grossmann

If they accept the Schenn deal, then offer sheet him! Then never expect to talk to Montreal ever again.
You're not bullying Montreal, they have just as much resources as we do if not more.

Montreal tells Homer to go pound sand & then demands a king's ransom for Subban if we want him, that's more likely of a scenario than the one you proposed.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 07:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
I don't think Montreal would take 8 1sts for Subban let alone 4. When you have a #1, you don't let him leave. Period. It's why Holmgren is linked to literally everyone else's in trades.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I don't think Montreal would take 8 1sts for Subban let alone 4. When you have a #1, you don't let him leave. Period. It's why Holmgren is linked to literally everyone else's in trades.
But just to look at the flip side of that:

Philly had a 4 year span of picking:
Downie 29
Giroux 22
JVR 2
Sbisa 19

That would be a VERY bad trade for Philly. But it is a crapshoot. You don't know what you are going to get and it takes years before they help you if they are good picks.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You're not bullying Montreal, they have just as much resources as we do if not more.

Montreal tells Homer to go pound sand & then demands a king's ransom for Subban if we want him, that's more likely of a scenario than the one you proposed.
I don't disagree, I just would be disappointed to see Subban become an open market RFA and then ultimately sign with Montreal for less than what I believe the Flyers would be willing to pay and part with.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 12:38 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
I don't disagree, I just would be disappointed to see Subban become an open market RFA and then ultimately sign with Montreal for less than what I believe the Flyers would be willing to pay and part with.
Exactly.. At the very least we should offer sheet him to increase his cap hit and put Montreal at a slight disadvantage. If they dont match..well then that works too.

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 09:08 AM
EagleOCNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Actually usually elite talent is got with young high end players. You don't see stars traded for stars in the NHL.

I see Meltzer writes one article where he would think about a Giroux for Weber trade and now everytime a player that is discussed he will be brought up? Flyers aren't trading Giroux for anyone.

I think Subban has a better chance of being traded than Pete Weber, but thats not saying much.
If the Preds would trade the best defenseman in the league for marginally a top ten fwd in Giroux, I do it without blinking. I also like Giroux but the real issue is that Giroux wouldnt agree to going to Nashville

EagleOCNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 09:14 AM
EagleOCNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
But just to look at the flip side of that:

Philly had a 4 year span of picking:
Downie 29
Giroux 22
JVR 2
Sbisa 19

That would be a VERY bad trade for Philly. But it is a crapshoot. You don't know what you are going to get and it takes years before they help you if they are good picks.
You make perfect sense here. 3, 4 or 5 #1 freakin picks is waaaay too much. Besides I agree with Subban = Do not want anyway.

EagleOCNJ is offline   Reply With Quote