HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT February 10: NY Rangers at Washington Capitals, 7:00p MSG

Old
02-11-2007, 06:38 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I think Cliche will turn out to be a hell of a player. You know Lombardi has his act together as GM. Cliche will be a solid player on one hell of a team in a few years
Cliche will a good player for Manchester.It ends right there

Lombardi is not perfect.Marc Crawford is not the greatest coach in the NHL.That was his first hire.Crawford was the easy and safe coach.Lombardi has 25 people in his front office-Mike O'Connell,Ron Hextall,Jack Ferreira,Jeff Solomon.What do they all do?Lombardi saw fit to hire and then fire scouts.Dan Cloutier?Nice one.2 years/$6.2 million.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Look at this response by Loser Hanlon about the gap

Quote:
"I wish it would have happened three more times," Capitals Coach Glen Hanlon said. "We tried as hard as we could, but at the end of the night, we got beat by a better hockey club."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ports/capitals

Someone forgot to change the batteries for the board gap

Old
02-11-2007, 07:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This game is in the bag.I even bet all of my wizbucks on the Rangers
Turned 500 into 1015

Old
02-11-2007, 07:52 AM
UAGoalieGuy

I'm too lazy to look back through all these pages in this thread and I was unable to catch the game last night (Celebrating V-Day last night with the fionce because of a busy Wed.), but what were the lines last night?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Taz

oh man u just scared the hell out of me, i thought it was today for a second because of you

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:19 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
oh man u just scared the hell out of me, i thought it was today for a second because of you
haha my bad. My fionce and I celebrate V-Day on Feb. 10th (If its on a weekend) because my B-Day is on V-Day lol. That and the fact that I have to drive into Manhattan all day Wed. for Grad School, but with this huge snowstorm thats coming I might not have to!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:28 AM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Just wanted to say this... Never seen two weirder goals scored the same way in the same game by one team (the Caps goals of silly bounces of the boards)...

Kudos to Rags for overcoming the karma in that game.
Not to be a nitpicker, but wouldn't KARMA be the force that made the Rangers overcome their bad LUCK rather than the other way around?

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I was amazed that the normally quiet and reserved Lundqvist would make a comment like this. I dont disagree mind you, but Henke isnt the one I would expect this from :
Quote:
"I think it's a joke to have a board like that in the NHL," said Henrik Lundqvist, who yielded two goals or fewer for the ninth time in 11 straight starts. "It's a league with good players. We should be able to have a good rink.

"And I think the Caps knew it [was there], too."
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02112007...rry_brooks.htm

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:20 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
For too many years the Rangers have had the very bad rep that says they can't develop players. Hossa breaking out could finally set a positive direction.

....whats better is that Gainey gave up on him.
I don't see how he's dissapointed here for 2 seasons when he still hasn't finished his second season with the Rangers. Lundmark had alot longer to show something and people were saying he didn't have enough time to develop. I've always believed Hossa was the goods as far as being a solid NHLer, and he just needed some time. I think it was pretty obvious to some here that his play showed dramatic improvement over last season, when he seemed lost on the ice at times. He seems alot more comfortable for whatever reasons the past couple months, and even if the scoring wasn't there, alot of the intangibles were. With his promotion to a better line, I believe we will start to see him blossom into a real 2 way player.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
in the hall

is there a clip of either cap goal last night?

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
is there a clip of either cap goal last night?
NHL.com

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:56 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
I've always believed Hossa was the goods as far as being a solid NHLer, and he just needed some time. I think it was pretty obvious to some here that his play showed dramatic improvement over last season, when he seemed lost on the ice at times. He seems alot more comfortable for whatever reasons the past couple months, and even if the scoring wasn't there, alot of the intangibles were. With his promotion to a better line, I believe we will start to see him blossom into a real 2 way player.
If I had a dollar for every one of these types of posts.....
Quote:
I don't see how he's dissapointed here for 2 seasons when he still hasn't finished his second season with the Rangers. Lundmark had alot longer to show something and people were saying he didn't have enough time to develop.
At this point, Hossa has recieved far more time on as a top-6 forward than Lundmark was ever afforded.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Capitals fans are whining about the officiating. The caps had two more minors then the rangers. The rangers clearly outplayed them, I really see no reason for there whining.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Capitals fans are whining about the officiating. The caps had two more minors then the rangers. The rangers clearly outplayed them, I really see no reason for there whining.
The Capital fans on these boards.... There's not much more I can say about them without getting a life time ban from the boards.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:08 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Hossa is the man. I've been a supporter all season. I remember in the other Rangers board I had my name as Hossa For Captain After Jagr Retires for a while. He really has the ability to turn into a very good 2-way forward.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:03 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Hollweg protecting Lundqvist, by de-jerseying Sutherby
Quickly think for a second....if Hollweg and Orr were not on....name me the players who would have done something in that situation

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:23 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
Rangers are playing a great game tonight. Really skating hard, working out there.

Throwing hits, as well. They are playing a very physical, up-tempo game.
Becoming more and more clear that this team is at its best with a physical lineup

Old
02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I'm too lazy to look back through all these pages in this thread and I was unable to catch the game last night (Celebrating V-Day last night with the fionce because of a busy Wed.), but what were the lines last night?
Same lines as against Tampa Bay:

Hossa-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Dupuis was scratched.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Man, Avery is in the middle of everything. I can't remember the last time someone came here and played hard every minute he was on the ice like he has since he's been a Ranger.
Yeah been a while since we've had a player like this

Old
02-11-2007, 04:32 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I would still put in Dupuis for Orr. Orr had an ok night, nothing special, but he did get caught a few times in his own zone on LONG LONG LONG shifts, and looked like he was skating with lead weights in his feet.

Give Dupuis a shot, with Hollweg, and Betts, that line has some great speed.

Orr just slows that line down (sadly), and let me re-iterate that i am an Orr fan, and think hes going to develop into a solid 4th liner.
That was once in the 1st. Other than that he played defensively responsible...he even had a nice shot on goal tonight after getting his 1st goal last night. Clearly he's playing with more confidence...and his hitting is improving too. He's starting to get to the point of an effective enforcer...so you don't scratch him. Right now he works as an enforcer for this team...there is no need for him to be replaced. I understand your points about Dupuis but as I said before Hall was settling into a 4th liner/healthy scratch. Dupuis will have to be that healthy scratch...no reason to break up a winning combo

Old
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I can say I am an Orr fan because I am, i dont bash the guy, and I NEVER ask for him to be waived/traded. With that said the guys game still needs some serious work, particularly his foot speed which is well below average. He was caught on for a long shift because he couldnt make it to the bench in time. He gets easily winded after relatively short shifts, its obvious to anyone who is objective.

The kid still needs work, but I see a lot of potential in him. However it does not change the fact that his foot speed SERIOUSLY hurts the 4th line. While his toughness and willingness and ability to fight are pros, the foot speed KILLS the other 2 guys on his line. In fact, if we could get Dupuis in the game on the 4th line, I would say we have one of the fastest teams in the league w/ Straka, Avery, Cullen, Orts, Hollweg, Betts, and Dupuis.

Would not be fun to play against a team with that kinda wheels.
At this point...we could use some physicality/toughness/enforcer on the 4th line. What do you mean it kills the 4th line? They played well last night and almost got a goal early...and they had 2 goals on Friday.

Old
02-11-2007, 04:36 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
One thing is for sure, going forward if we want to send any messages a line of Avery, Orr & Hollweg would really stir up a lot of crap. Now if we just had one Dman to put a glove, a stiff stick to the spine we could actually starting opening up ice for Jagr.
Seriously couldn't agree more. We've almost completed adressing our toughness issue. Just need a tough backliner now

Old
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Leprechaun

Unfortunately I was unable to watch last night's game. Watching the highlights, it seems to me that there was a good deal of chemistry with those lines again.

However, highlights do not provide a good way to see what the effort was like. Did the Rangers come with their legs last night and play the whole 60?

Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Dupuis should've played for Orr..

One soft goal and a decent 4th line game doesn't give Orr a free pass...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Fletch

One would guess...

that Dupuis comes in for Prucha, unless he's being used for trade bait, then it may be Hollweg until he's traded (he's a left winger, right?).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote