HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
rockit2112

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
What's the report on Sam Brittain this year so far? Does he have NHL potential? This guy might be an important piece going forward if Markstrom doesn't turn it around.
He's been one of the best NCAA goalies this year. I think our goaltending is better off than most people think, Brittain is really starting to prove himself and Houser is giving Marky a run for his money.

Old
02-03-2014, 12:36 AM
iam76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit2112 View Post
He's been one of the best NCAA goalies this year. I think our goaltending is better off than most people think, Brittain is really starting to prove himself and Houser is giving Marky a run for his money.
I still draft thatcher dembko if he's there round 3 this year

Old
02-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Wished we could have somehow gotten Fucale. Kid's going to be a stud.

Old
02-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit2112 View Post
Remember Marc Cheverie? Also a stand-out at DU, who turned out to be a wash in the end. echler with a few call-ups to the ahl. I hope brittain somehow develops into something better than that, but im not counting on it

Old
02-03-2014, 10:15 AM
rockit2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Wished we could have somehow gotten Fucale. Kid's going to be a stud.
That's how I feel too. Gotta think Tallon feels good about his current crop to pass up a goalie who could have gone top 15

Old
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson44 View Post
Remember Marc Cheverie? Also a stand-out at DU, who turned out to be a wash in the end. echler with a few call-ups to the ahl. I hope brittain somehow develops into something better than that, but im not counting on it
One has literally zero to do with the other.

Old
02-03-2014, 12:50 PM
iam76

^^ agreed. Just because one person fails doesn't mean an entirely new person will.

but like i said.. Lets draft Dembko and call it a day.. Kid will continue to play in boston and get better another year or 2. then be ready to push whoever we have at that time in net.. markstrom/brittain/houser/fa

Old
02-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Acadmus

3 Panthers prospects playing in the BC/UVM game right now. Matheson and McCoshen with BC, Brickley with UVM.

Entering the game, BC is #1 in the national ranking, UVM is #14.

UVM up 1-0 early in the 1st.

Incidentally, Panthers should take a flyer on signing Chris McCarthy from UVM after this season. He's in relatively rare company as he's topped 100 points in his UVM career...all the more impressive since his college career had a rocky start with injuries. If I recall he even started one season late, and due to playing just 5 games in 2011-2012 was allowed to have a deferred season, so he's in his 5th year now.
http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...rthy/#20132014

Last edited by Acadmus: 02-14-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old
02-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Acadmus

1-1 after 1, McCoshen with an assist.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Acadmus

3-1 BC after 2.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Seems like McCoshen is having himself a good first season.

-ghoste

Old
02-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Acadmus

BC wins 4-3 - Mario Puskarich scores with 18 seconds left to make it interesting, but UVM's 3 shots in those final seconds don't find their way in. Matheson takes the puck out of the zone as the buzzer sounds.

Brickley's line was double-shifted for part of the 3rd, so at least his coach thinks he's valuable enough in a checking role to play him when the team needs to turn things around. We'll see if that ever translates to time in the NHL someday.

McCoshen and Matheson both seem very promising for the Panthers in the future.

Last edited by Acadmus: 02-14-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old
02-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

It's just so fun watching Rocco Grimaldi. I hope he will be able to help the Panthers in the future.

Old
02-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Acadmus

BC beating UVM again tonight. Worse still, Matheson is missing in the 3rd period, may be injured.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:38 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Grimaldi with a 4 point night.

I'm not saying by any means he'll be a big part of this team in future, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't a place in the NHL for him. He's so fast, skilled and gritty. His hockey sense will be tested in the NHL. But, I think all of those other major attributes are going to help him transition to the pro game. Hope he can just pull a Bjugstad and get a taste of the NHL if/when UND's season concludes. He was a redshirt freshman, but technically, this is his junior year. So, we might see him sooner than later.

Old
02-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Grimaldi with a 4 point night.

I'm not saying by any means he'll be a big part of this team in future, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't a place in the NHL for him. He's so fast, skilled and gritty. His hockey sense will be tested in the NHL. But, I think all of those other major attributes are going to help him transition to the pro game. Hope he can just pull a Bjugstad and get a taste of the NHL if/when UND's season concludes. He was a redshirt freshman, but technically, this is his junior year. So, we might see him sooner than later.
If he can bring that drive and passion he has for hockey to our team that would be a major boost. It seems we just love bringing in so called character guys Tallon says who just float.

Old
02-16-2014, 11:37 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
If he can bring that drive and passion he has for hockey to our team that would be a major boost. It seems we just love bringing in so called character guys Tallon says who just float.
I read that article in the sun sentinel yesterday with Tallon interview quotes in it. The tone made it seem like Tallon was really upset with the veterans guys' effort to maintain consistency. I think all that means that he sees the offensive totals and he's very upset with the production. But, he can't tell the media he knows these guys aren't very talented or skilled; that's why the production has been what is has been. Seriously, does anyone expect names like Matthias, Fleischmann, Kopecky or Goc to be up near the 60-70 point range? No. That's what you need out of your veterans, but you can't get that from guys who can't produce that..

Old
02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I read that article in the sun sentinel yesterday with Tallon interview quotes in it. The tone made it seem like Tallon was really upset with the veterans guys' effort to maintain consistency. I think all that means that he sees the offensive totals and he's very upset with the production. But, he can't tell the media he knows these guys aren't very talented or skilled; that's why the production has been what is has been. Seriously, does anyone expect names like Matthias, Fleischmann, Kopecky or Goc to be up near the 60-70 point range? No. That's what you need out of your veterans, but you can't get that from guys who can't produce that..
I just read that article too. That article really made it sound like our core what we have now is what were going with next season.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:04 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
fleischmann is a consistent 50-60p guy...

almost every player have a bad year this year, which is horrible...

Old
02-16-2014, 05:45 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I just read that article too. That article really made it sound like our core what we have now is what were going with next season.
If that's true then we'll be in the McDavid sweepstakes for sure, but the development of our youth will be hindered. Again, these young guys NEED role models. Huberdeau was rooming with Versteeg. Is it a coincidence that his game turned into crap? Versteeg had one productive year with us and then turned into crap. That's what he does. That's why he's been with 5 different markets already and he's only in his mid-20's. We need quality veterans so our youth core can have role models and become better pros. All the best franchises in the NHL today had quality veterans before their youth core took over the team. Barkov, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Bjugstad will not take over the team until they get that experience. If we can't spend money then we'll have yet another subpar season and be in the McDavid sweepstakes. Which isn't bad if McDavid is the real deal. But it will be very bad if we lose out on another top pick, like the MacKinnon situation repeating itself.

Old
02-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
I still draft thatcher dembko if he's there round 3 this year
I assure you there is literally a 0% chance Demko is around in the 3rd round. We'll be lucky if he falls to our 2nd pick. There will still be lots of good goalies available though.

Old
02-20-2014, 09:25 AM
iam76

thats where he was projecting when we started talking about him...

He has since been nothing but a stud and been noticed.

i am hoping we make a trade or two and can grab him late first or 2nd

Old
02-20-2014, 09:33 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1300
New thread since this is closing in on 1000.

Closed Thread