HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Optimistic baseball view

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 06:17 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Optimistic baseball view

here's how I see it. I'm big into baseball. Well - don't look at in terms of being ten points out of the playoffs. Look at it in terms of being 5 games back of the 7th place team - or even better, 6 games back of the FIFTH place team. They have lots of games left against western teams, and as unlikely as it is, we all need to get louder at Rexall, and be more supportive on call in shows IMO.

I'm not implying that by any means the Oilers have a good shot at making the playoffs. It's probably a 1 in 50 chance. But, until they are officialy out, and even then, we need to show WHY and HOW we really are the best fans in the NHL.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Cerebral

It's nice to see a lil optimism on this board.. i'll confuse, i've been down since the LA win. I got back a glimmer of hope after their hard fought win against Chicago but it was sucked back out after the Kings game. You never know though.. a 10 game undefeated streak isn't impossible, just very unlikely!

Old
02-02-2004, 06:21 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
EXACTLY! I was ready to kill Ryan Smyth last night after he cost us four points. However, I'm not giving up hope. I'll still go to the games and cheer my lungs out. I mean hey, has this team ever did anything the easy way?

Old
02-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Scorpion88

Agreed! I will continue to support the Oil even through the tough times. That doesn;t mean I have to support Horcoff does it!!

Old
02-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Calnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion88
That doesn;t mean I have to support Horcoff does it!!
Nobody is asking you to forsake your values.

I'm gonna hop on the keep cheering wagon, hey, i grew up through the 90's i think i can cheer for pretty much anything. I think that the one thing that we as fans don't want to do is go to the games upset. Booing in the first period is never acceptable, NEVER. Even after the bloodpressure raising 70 seconds on HNIC, they zambonied the ice, so lets give them 20 to make it up to us.

Being x games back sounds so much more attainable than 2x points back, damn.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Obsessed

Well it took me 2 days but my rage has finally subsided. I can thank Janet Jackson for that.

I will continue to cheer for my team. I do see positive signs for the future. Really we aren't as bad as the 90's teams that missed the dance so many years in a row.

I honestly dont see them putting together enough wins to make the post season but I wont give up hope. We just aren't good enough.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
...I honestly dont see them putting together enough wins to make the post season but I wont give up hope. We just aren't good enough.
These statements are kinda like your avatar.

edit - oops

I've cheered on the Oilers thru the good, the bad and the downright fugly.
This 'bump in the road' season isn't going to change that.

Last edited by IceDragoon: 02-02-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread