HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
BK201

vCash: 500
what about this and flame away

to buffalo

Eberle
Gagner

to Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson
girgensons

Old
02-19-2014, 06:55 PM
40oz

I think Buffalo turns that down

Old
02-19-2014, 06:58 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I think Buffalo turns that down
i think your right but Eberle should get something similar to Ryan you think? maybe a little less but still.

Old
02-19-2014, 07:01 PM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
what about this and flame away

to buffalo

Eberle
Gagner

to Edmonton
Myers
Hodgson
girgensons
Buffalo declines. But Hodgson isn't exactly out ideal second line center replacement anyway

Last edited by HeavyHitter99: 02-19-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old
02-19-2014, 07:09 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Buffalo declines. But Hodgson isn't exactly out ideal second line center replacement
i know but Girgensons is another center. and they still have grigorenko, and they get gagner and a legit first liner inked long term, and probably the best player here is Eberle in the trade.

I'd even offer a good draft pick seeing as we need players and they are collecting picks.

Old
02-19-2014, 07:27 PM
ElFossum

NSH
Ebs + Gagner

EDM
Wilson + Josi

Old
02-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFossum View Post
NSH
Ebs + Gagner

EDM
Wilson + Josi
I honestly think the Oilers would rather tank for Ekblad than do this.

Eberle won't be moved unless it's a blockbuster deal that the Oilers can't possibly say no to.

If the deal doesn't work out you risk having an unhappy Taylor Hall asking for a trade probably a year down the line.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Paralyzer008

Who makes sense for Gagner, and who doesn't?
ANA-Getzlaf, Bonino, no need for him on wing
BOS-Krejci, Bergeron, and full RW
BUF-Rebuilding, don't need him, have lots of small scorers
CGY-Like Monahan and Backlund down C, don't need Gagner
CAR-Staals and Lindholm at C, don't really need him on wing
CHI--could use a No.2 C
COL-Have enough offensive firepower
CBJ-He doesn't fit their style of play, they don't need him
DAL--could be a fit, with Chiasson struggling a little, a consistent offensive guy would help them
DET-They don't need him, right against the cap
FLA-Doesn't really fit what they're going for
LA-The C's and RW's are filled here. Only reason why they had interest was because they thought they'd get him cheap. They are done going for him per Lisa Dillman
MIN-Koivu and the emerging Granlund plus cap issues means it's a no
MTL-Have enough smurfs
NSH-Need offense, have some cap room
NJ-Need offense, but not of Gagner's variety, already have Henrique who is similar
NYI-Strome, Nielsen, and of course JT, they don't need him anywhere
NYR-Cap space limited, they won't want him
OTT-Turris and Spezza down the middle, won't want him
PHI-Are fine down the middle, won't want him unless EDM takes on Lecavalier perhaps. I don't see it.
PHX-Always looking for scoring, but Gagner's price is likely too much, and they are set at C.
PIT-Too much dough, although would be a fit with Crosby, but only for the remainder of this year.
STL-Derek Roy is their Sam Gagner, they likely don't need him
SJS-Too much dough
TBL-Totally fine without him, Tyler Johnson is their Gagner
TOR-Need a C, but Gagner isn't much an improvement over Kadri or Bozak
VAN-Always the Dave Gagner connection, he's young enough that I could see Vancouver looking at him.
WSH-Will try to lock Grabovski up, have no real need for Gagner, unless sending Laich back, who has been terrible per Caps fans
WPG-Unlikely, Little is their Gagner type guy.

So, I think Chicago, Dallas, Nashville, Vancouver would be the 4 most interested teams. I'd want probably the following from the 4:
CHI-2 of 3 of Bickell, Pirri, 1st or 2nd rounder, Bickell would need salary retain
DAL-Ritchie and a 2nd rounder, perhaps? They have interesting D as well.
NSH-Craig Smith, maybe Wilson, maybe Stalberg with salary retained
VAN-Would want a D-man, specifically Edler. We'd have to add a bit.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
CHI--could use a No.2 C
DAL--could be a fit, with Chiasson struggling a little, a consistent offensive guy would help them
LA-The C's and RW's are filled here. Only reason why they had interest was because they thought they'd get him cheap. They are done going for him per Lisa Dillman
MTL-Have enough smurfs
NJ-Need offense, but not of Gagner's variety, already have Henrique who is similar
PHI-Are fine down the middle, won't want him unless EDM takes on Lecavalier perhaps. I don't see it.
PHX-Always looking for scoring, but Gagner's price is likely too much, and they are set at C.
PIT-Too much dough, although would be a fit with Crosby, but only for the remainder of this year.
SJS-Too much dough
VAN-Always the Dave Gagner connection, he's young enough that I could see Vancouver looking at him.
WSH-Will try to lock Grabovski up, have no real need for Gagner, unless sending Laich back, who has been terrible per Caps fans

So, I think Chicago, Dallas, Nashville, Vancouver would be the 4 most interested teams. I'd want probably the following from the 4:
CHI-2 of 3 of Bickell, Pirri, 1st or 2nd rounder, Bickell would need salary retain
DAL-Ritchie and a 2nd rounder, perhaps? They have interesting D as well.
NSH-Craig Smith, maybe Wilson, maybe Stalberg with salary retained
VAN-Would want a D-man, specifically Edler. We'd have to add a bit.
Add a bit? I despise the Canucks as much as anyone, and I don't hate Gagner. But be realistic.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
Add a bit? I despise the Canucks as much as anyone, and I don't hate Gagner. But be realistic.
15 points, -23, 5M cap hit

I think Gagner + Marincin + 2015 EDM 3rd has them thinking at least.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
15 points, -23, 5M cap hit

I think Gagner + Marincin + 2015 EDM 3rd has them thinking at least.
Yes he's having a tough year, their whole team is really. Will this be his norm, or is it a one off? Top 4 defensemen are premium entities in the league.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
Yes he's having a tough year, their whole team is really. Will this be his norm, or is it a one off? Top 4 defensemen are premium entities in the league.
True, but he's been bad-ish for the last couple, or atleast this and last, years, he's expensive and Vancouver lacks scoring depth, so there may be something to this, though nothing's guaranteed.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:34 AM
LTIR

vCash: 638
Proposal:

Hemsky + Gagner + 2015 1st
For
Larsson + Henrique

NJ needs to go all out this season and make the playoffs. They dont have a 1st so tanking is not an option. Larsson is in minors and down the depth charts. Henrique hasnt been that great since his rookie season (departure of Parise).

The dropoff between Henrique and Gagner should be minimal especially since size\grit is not an issue on that team. Hemsky should be happy among some of his buddies where he isnt the OLD guy.

2015 1st holds a lot value and should be enough for NJ to pull the trigger on the deal.

EDM gets an NHL ready Dman to pair with Klefbom for the next 5 yrs. We also shore up our top 6 by adding some grit and defensive awareness in Henrique.

Old
02-20-2014, 12:20 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
CHI--could use a No.2 C
MTL-Have enough smurfs
SJS-Too much dough
I think you're being a little too quick to disregard a lot of those teams. As much as the majority of HFOil seems to think he's useless, he's still a young top 6 forward who can play both center and wing (though I figure most teams would see him as a center). He's not perfect, but as we've seen when discussing possible replacements for him if we do trade him, there aren't a whole lot of good top 6 centers available out there. I could definitely see how a flawed top 6 center like Gagner is better than the alternative, being none at all.

ANA - Probably don't need him, but they have 3 wingers and 1 center who will be UFAs next year. Two of which are likely to retire.

BUF - Yes they're rebuilding, but that's exactly why they might want a 24 year old top 6 forward with 450 games under his belt.

CGY - There's nothing the Flames don't need. Gagner would be a good addition. The only reason I don't see them doing it is because of the words "Burke" and "truculence". Backlund is having a career year, and is still producing at a lower rate than Gagner in his worst season to date.

CBJ - Cam Atkinson is smaller and on the same pace offensively as Gagner (again, a career low). Gagner would fit in just fine, and the Jackets are looking at losing their biggest offensive threat to free agency next year.

FLA - Similar to CGY and BUF. They have a lot of needs, will be losing a lot of players very soon, and aren't really in a position to be turning their nose up at young offensive players with NHL experience.

LAK- Considering they've already tried trading for him, obviously some would disagree that Gagner wouldn't be a fit.

MTL - They have enough smurfs as you said, yet that didn't stop them from going after Briere in the offseason and re-signing Desharnais. If they think a player is useful, they're not going to avoid him because of his suit size. I think they've proven that much at least.

NJ - Lou is the king of adding players that don't fit the perceived needs of the team. If he can add good players, he adds good players. I can't see him turning away a smaller offensive forward just because he "has one of those already".

NYI - He may not fit their biggest needs, but if they could get him for a reasonable price, I have no trouble believing they could find a place for him. Especially considering he's their franchise player's BFF.

OTT - Murray has been talking about adding a top 6 forward, and someone who can play with Spezza. Maybe they see Gagner as a possible fit there. We're also talking about the same GM who acquired Mike Comrie twice. Both times he already had Spezza, Vermette, Fisher, and Kelly down the middle, so I wouldn't rule out the Sens just because Spezza and Turris are on the team.

PHI - When have they ever not been in on a trade? They make deals all the time that don't seem to make sense. Especially when it involves offensive forwards. Ditto for the Rangers

PHX - Like you said, they're always looking for scoring. He doesn't really seem like a Maloney-type acquisition though, but it's tough to count them out entirely.

PIT - I don't see them doing it, but I keep hearing that Crosby likes him a lot. Not sure what that means, but it's possible. His cap hit might be an issue for the Pens.

STL - Derek Roy is also a UFA after this year.

TOR - They've been looking for centers for ages and Gagner is a young local kid with upside and NHL experience. Maybe not the ideal candidate, but I could definitely see some interest there.

VAN - Dave Gagner isn't with the organization anymore, but they're looking at a "re-tool" and getting younger up front is probably something they'd have interest in doing.

WSH - Grabovski is a UFA after this year. They're also looking to move on from Erat and I imagine their need for additional offense that prompted them to acquire Erat in the first place hasn't changed.

WPG - I agree that he's very similar to Little, but they are also a team that has been apparently looking for top 6 forwards for a long time. Gagner is both a top 6 forward and available. There might be some interest there.

02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 450
What is Gagner's actual trade value? I see people saying he's absolutely worthless and has no value but I don't think that's the case. I think he's in the range of Schenn, Anisimov, Wilson.

So if you were to make a 1 for 1 trade, considering both sides needs, what would you get for Gagner?

Old
02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
What is Gagner's actual trade value? I see people saying he's absolutely worthless and has no value but I don't think that's the case. I think he's in the range of Schenn, Anisimov, Wilson.

So if you were to make a 1 for 1 trade, considering both sides needs, what would you get for Gagner?
For me a defenceman I see with close to equal value as Gagner is Carl Gunnarsson out of Toronto. As for forwards I would say he should have similar value to Turris in Ottawa. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Turris because it'd be a lateral move at best. I think a 1 for 1 trade that benefits both teams would be Gagner to Chicago for Leddy.

Old
02-20-2014, 02:35 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Proposal:

For
Larsson + Henrique
Grand larceny.

Old
02-20-2014, 02:42 PM
spOiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Proposal:

For
Larsson + Henrique

NJ needs to go all out this season and make the playoffs. They dont have a 1st so tanking is not an option. Larsson is in minors and down the depth charts. Henrique hasnt been that great since his rookie season (departure of Parise).

The dropoff between Henrique and Gagner should be minimal especially since size\grit is not an issue on that team. Hemsky should be happy among some of his buddies where he isnt the OLD guy.

2015 1st holds a lot value and should be enough for NJ to pull the trigger on the deal.

EDM gets an NHL ready Dman to pair with Klefbom for the next 5 yrs. We also shore up our top 6 by adding some grit and defensive awareness in Henrique.
I havnt watched henrique much tbh does he still have a solid defensive side to his game? we have the wingers to bring his points back up but he needs to be good on both sides of the puck or there is no reason to make this trade.

Old
02-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post

I'd say a big 2nd line winger (Wilson, hopefully C. Stewart) or 2nd pairing d-man, likely a #3 d-man like Hjalmarsson/Dillon (or a possible number 2 d-man given the circumstances aka Mike Green)

Old
02-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Grand larceny.
Larssony

Old
02-20-2014, 05:18 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
For me a defenceman I see with close to equal value as Gagner is Carl Gunnarsson out of Toronto. As for forwards I would say he should have similar value to Turris in Ottawa. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Turris because it'd be a lateral move at best. I think a 1 for 1 trade that benefits both teams would be Gagner to Chicago for Leddy.
kyle turris? the one that has been on fire for ottawa and is at/or around the same points as Eberle...for Gagner? lolz i wish

Old
02-20-2014, 05:20 PM
ponokanocker

Go big or go home. Both deals made in/around draft day.

To Nashville: Gagner(eat $1M salary), Klefbom, 2014 1st(top 3), 2014 2nd(from Hemsky trade that will happen at the deadline)

To Edmonton: Weber

Nashville gets out from under what is left of paying Weber.

To MTL: Yakupov, Petry, Musil

To Edmonton: P.K. Subban

Montreal refuses to give into Subban's salary demands.

2014-2015 Starting D lineup:

Weber J. Schultz
Subban Marincin
Belov Ference

Old
02-20-2014, 05:31 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Go big or go home. Both deals made in/around draft day.

To Nashville: Gagner(eat $1M salary), Klefbom, 2014 1st(top 3), 2014 2nd(from Hemsky trade that will happen at the deadline)

To Edmonton: Weber

Nashville gets out from under what is left of paying Weber.

To MTL: Yakupov, Petry, Musil

To Edmonton: P.K. Subban

Montreal refuses to give into Subban's salary demands.

2014-2015 Starting D lineup:

Weber J. Schultz
Subban Marincin
Belov Ference
Nashville laugh at that

Old
02-20-2014, 05:32 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Nashville laugh at that
Did teams get more for Pronger than that in his 2 deals though?

Old
02-20-2014, 05:36 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

if we could get weber without giving up anything of value it would be the worst robbery of ever

Closed Thread