HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
KL14

vCash: 500
Arnprior/Renfrew/Shawville

The rumour is that it was Renfrew who was stirring the pot on suggesting to Shawville that they should protest the Arnprior game....if true, it sure backfired on Renfrew...delays the start of the series...Renfrew have several players away at school who would have been home this week for study week and most of whom will return to mid term exams next week and may not be available for the weekday games. On the other hand, what a classless act by Shawville, after Arnprior agrees to take a game up in Maniwaki to support Shawville, they turn around and try to win a baseless protest....bush league move...

Old
02-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Big Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
The rumour is that it was Renfrew who was stirring the pot on suggesting to Shawville that they should protest the Arnprior game....if true, it sure backfired on Renfrew...delays the start of the series...Renfrew have several players away at school who would have been home this week for study week and most of whom will return to mid term exams next week and may not be available for the weekday games. On the other hand, what a classless act by Shawville, after Arnprior agrees to take a game up in Maniwaki to support Shawville, they turn around and try to win a baseless protest....bush league move...
I have heard the "RUMORS" and you sure sound like a Packer exec headed by Mr Griese cause I hear Mr Griese is the one pointing fingers...... The rumors don't make sense because if Renfrew cared do you not think that they would have rested their players on the LAST game vs Shawville? So I have a tough time believing a rumor that doesn't make sense.
I will say I am extremely excited to watch both series in the Valley Division which should be loud and entertaining........ Game On FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-19-2014, 06:25 PM
KL14

Rumours

I can assure you that I am neither a Packer Exec or management team member nor did I hear any statements from Bill Griese about this matter. What makes sense is that Shawville has been coming on as late and have been playing Renfrew much tougher than Arnrpior has.....but as you say...let's get on with the finals...we are already a week behind...which is not a bad thing in that every team has some players injured and the extra few days can only help with the healing process.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:44 PM
HawksFanForever

Stats for Weager

52 MacKenzie Weegar D 52 11 34 45 +37 80
6 0 0.87

Old
02-19-2014, 09:48 PM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover116 View Post
Hawksfanforever!!!
Heard there was a problem with the hawks win the other night with one second left on the clock...
What I heard is that the time keeper was not quick enough on the button to start the clock with a face off in the Rebs end, should have only been 1.7 seconds to play but it turned into 2 or 3...
Don't know the real facts, care to shed some light?!
Cheers
That is correct you do not have the facts and was not there and well put.It seems they got the win as they are up 2-0 so they officials must have gotten together as on is suppose to keep track of the time on the clock and actually one is suppose to have stop watch with him but I doubt that is done anymore.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:49 PM
HawksFanForever

Casselman wins in 4

Looks like Casselman means business this playoff as I would have never though they would win this series in four games.They are going to be a tough team for the Winchester Hawks to beat but I pick the Hawks in seven games.

Old
02-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
Looks like Casselman means business this playoff as I would have never though they would win this series in four games.They are going to be a tough team for the Winchester Hawks to beat but I pick the Hawks in seven games.
Casselman in 5

Old
02-20-2014, 07:39 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Casselman in 5
I'll one up you and say Casselman in four. Same deal as last year. Only 1 or 2 competitive games.

Old
02-20-2014, 09:22 AM
hockeyislife82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Half their fans don't stand for the national anthem. They should be dropped from the league, IMO.
Could not agree more. This team is so disrespectful, and the fans are just as bad. I got my first taste of it at the Prospects game when they all stood there with their helmets on. It is an absolute joke.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:11 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyislife82 View Post
Could not agree more. This team is so disrespectful, and the fans are just as bad. I got my first taste of it at the Prospects game when they all stood there with their helmets on. It is an absolute joke.
I think I know what team you are referring to and this would be Gatineau as we played a pre season game there and there were girls that did not stand ane men that did not take their hats off and they should be taken out of the league

Old
02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
gusfring

That, and their assistant coach, who is in his twenties, took a swing at the President of the Knights the other night, after challenging an OW player after game one outside the arena.

Get a grip on yourself...

Old
02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Tonight's West-Gatineau Game

Should be an absolute beauty tonight at Barbara Ann Scott Arena, as OW host Gatineau in Game Three, with storylines aplenty.

I) Ethan Allard clearly is under the mustangs' skin.

II) How will West host visiting fans after their travelling contingent was...ahem, mistreated on Tuesday in Buckingham.

III) On the ice, the series is tied at one and this could potentially be a pivotal game. If West dominates this game like they did Game Two, they could win this in five. That being said, a Gatineau win tonight could easily turn the tables in Gatineau's favor.

7:20 PuckDrop. Come for the hockey, stay for the postgame fireworks

Old
02-20-2014, 04:54 PM
KL14

Ottawa/Gatineau

Welcome to the jungle !!!!!

Old
02-20-2014, 09:16 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

I'm a neutral observer, but christ almighty are the Gatineau Mustgans losing it.

They're currently losing 5-3 in Game Three against Ottawa-West, and have completely lost the plot.

Still 9 minutes left in the game, they only trail by two, and they're running anything that moves, as well as chirping the referee for goals that were CLEARLY defensive breakdowns by Grignon and Damphousse.

Robinson has been unbelievable as per usual, but the number of times he's dangled in on a 1-on-3, only to center in front with no one there to finish it off.

GATINEAU CAN COMPETE IN THIS SERIES. They just need to focus on hockey. The likes of Gervais, Proulx, Leblanc- all talented players who have completely lost focus.

Hats off to JP Giroux for a solid effort tonight.

Last edited by connor macdavid: 02-20-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old
02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

dBruno Leblanc takes a comedically unnecessary penalty with 5 minutes to go, killing his own team's powerplay.

This series is getting rowdy...

But Gatineau lost focus tonight and it will result in a game three loss for them.

EDIT - Mazerolle just tossed for shooting the puck at the ref, should face a suspension. Now he's trying to get at the ref...

ANOTHER EDIT - Grandmaitre drags down Rodier, 3:28 to go in the 3rd and OW firmly in control of Game Three.

If Gatineau don't regain their focus/discipline, this series WILL be over in five games.

Tonight's Mustangs team compared to the Mustangs team that won game one on the road is quite frankly unfocused.

ANOTHER EDIT - Simon Damphousse just jumped OW's Phil Edgar. HE'S BEEN TOSSED.

You have to figure there will be suspensions after this one.

(Good sportsmanship) J.J. Pristanski and J.P. Giroux, the two goaltenders, playing pass while Damphousse tussled with the linesman...

EDIT: Vincent Proulx tossed for a homophobic gesture.

EJECTION COUNT- West 1, Gatineau 6.

Want to hear the ridiculous end of this game? Fast forward to about the 2:07:30 mark for the final bit of the game. Ottawa-West vs. Gatineau / Game 3

Last edited by connor macdavid: 02-20-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old
02-20-2014, 10:03 PM
LETSPLAY

If I didn't know better I would swear OW was playing the Chiefs from Slapshot tonight. If not for two bad goals on OW starter the game would have been 6-1. OW will surely need some physio on the backs of their legs after this series from all the slashes.

Old
02-21-2014, 02:42 AM
HawksFanForever

Sad to see a JR B Hockey club play and act in this manner.The owners and coaches should absolutely be held accountable as they are suppose to be in charge of these young men and I cannot think what the parents are thinking of the actions of their son's and this team.

Old
02-21-2014, 09:58 AM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

It is never going to change unless the league quits picking their noses and steps in. Without Gatineau a part of this league things would make a lot more sense. Stittsville could play as part of the Metro and we would have 5 clubs in each division.

Metro
Ottawa West
Ottawa South
Clarence
Stittsville
Metcalfe

Valley
Renfrew
Arnprior
Almonte
Shawville
Perth

Just one guys opinion.

Old
02-21-2014, 11:13 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
It is never going to change unless the league quits picking their noses and steps in. Without Gatineau a part of this league things would make a lot more sense. Stittsville could play as part of the Metro and we would have 5 clubs in each division.

Metro
Ottawa West
Ottawa South
Clarence
Stittsville
Metcalfe

Valley
Renfrew
Arnprior
Almonte
Shawville
Perth

Just one guys opinion.
Agree 100%. Should be done.

Old
02-21-2014, 01:53 PM
KL14

Get Gatineau OUT

I agree as well. There is no reason to have Gatineau in the league. Let them sit a year...but instead of Metro and Valley Division. I would like to see just one large division....put all remaining 10 teams in one division and go from their.

Old
02-21-2014, 10:20 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Well, I eat my words.

Looks like Gatineau got their heads screwed back on, and while it hasn't exactly been a clean game up in Buckingham, the Mustangs lead 7-4 late in the 3rd.

Series tied at two barring a ridiculous comeback.

Game five goes Monday in Nepean.

Old
02-21-2014, 11:13 PM
HawksFanForever

Hawks win in 4

Well the Winchester Hawks won tonight and took the series in 4 and now move on to face Casselman.Winchester can win this series but must play great defense and stay out of the penalty box for sure.I am still sticking with Winchester in 7.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:17 AM
backrow

Shawville takes game one from an undisciplined Renfrew team. Shawville had five power play goals in this one. Should be a great atmosphere in the rink in Shawville on Sunday. Gotta love this time of year!

Old
02-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor macdavid View Post
Well, I eat my words.

Looks like Gatineau got their heads screwed back on, and while it hasn't exactly been a clean game up in Buckingham, the Mustangs lead 7-4 late in the 3rd.

Series tied at two barring a ridiculous comeback.

Game five goes Monday in Nepean.
Probably the worst reffed game I've ever seen. The EOJHL is a complete joke. Gatineau can essentially do anything without any consequences it seems.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Probably the worst reffed game I've ever seen. The EOJHL is a complete joke. Gatineau can essentially do anything without any consequences it seems.
HA the rest of the teams can say the same about West paying for players and breaking all the rules the league has in place

Closed Thread