HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT February 10: NY Rangers at Washington Capitals, 7:00p MSG

Old
02-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that Dupuis comes in for Prucha, unless he's being used for trade bait, then it may be Hollweg until he's traded (he's a left winger, right?).
I don't know. My thinking with this current team is that Orr will be spotted (maybe for Holly or somebody in the Dog house) but what we might see is two man combos of Prucha-Cullen and Holly-Betts with Dupuis and Orts being mixed in...Id like to see Prucha-Cullen-Dupuis (he plays RW too) and HBO....And bringing Orr if and when needed..

But like you said, until Holly gets traded....Or maybe it's Dupuis?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
that Dupuis comes in for Prucha, unless he's being used for trade bait, then it may be Hollweg until he's traded (he's a left winger, right?).
Wow. Do you really think Hollweg will be traded?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I don't know. My thinking with this current team is that Orr will be spotted (maybe for Holly or somebody in the Dog house) but what we might see is two man combos of Prucha-Cullen and Holly-Betts with Dupuis and Orts being mixed in...Id like to see Prucha-Cullen-Dupuis (he plays RW too) and HBO....And bringing Orr if and when needed..

But like you said, until Holly gets traded....Or maybe it's Dupuis?
hopefully that's the plan...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Wow. Do you really think Hollweg will be traded?
I can't even believe he suggested it..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Fletch

Maybe my English is bad...

I said that Prucha, if he is to be traded, will be playing while Hollweg sits until he (Prucha) is traded. Sorry for the confusion.

The only reason why I think Prucha would be the odd man out is that I don't believe Dupuis was acquired to play 8-10 minutes per game, which is even more than he'd get on a fourth line. Prucha's just the odd man out. Shanny can play the left side on the PP, as can Avery, and Dupuis, and Straka, and perhaps even others. He may not be the type of player he would want on a third line either. I dunno - Orr seems like a logical choice, but with the stretch run coming up, the fourth line may suffer minutes anyways, and Orr's the type of guy you have in there for 3-5 minutes per game, as long as he keeps playing like this.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
I said that Prucha, if he is to be traded, will be playing while Hollweg sits until he (Prucha) is traded. Sorry for the confusion.

The only reason why I think Prucha would be the odd man out is that I don't believe Dupuis was acquired to play 8-10 minutes per game, which is even more than he'd get on a fourth line. Prucha's just the odd man out. Shanny can play the left side on the PP, as can Avery, and Dupuis, and Straka, and perhaps even others. He may not be the type of player he would want on a third line either. I dunno - Orr seems like a logical choice, but with the stretch run coming up, the fourth line may suffer minutes anyways, and Orr's the type of guy you have in there for 3-5 minutes per game, as long as he keeps playing like this.
Well yeah. I don't see why Dupuis shouldn't be the odd man out. Sure we just got him in a trade...but Hall wouldn't be playing...so neither should Pascal.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
rickyrod

The Caps' board GDT from last night is pretty funny. If you guys haven't had a look, you should.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Fletch

Logic...

isn't always a factor in deciding what goes on around here, as we know. He's a shorthanded threat, and I don't think they went out to acquire someone that they had no intention on playinh. Not saying Dupuis should or shouldn't be playing - I know nothing about him and never noticed him - but it's just my hunch that he'll find his way into the lineup, and will be there to stick. I just think Renney didn't want to throw in someone who really hasn't had a real practice with his team, especially after a good home win. Now he has a few days to practice with his new team.

Old
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I think Dupuis will just take Orr's spot with PK time when he plays.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I think Dupuis will just take Orr's spot with PK time when he plays.
Hopefully Dupuis means that Shanny doesn't have to kill penalties.

02-11-2007, 09:24 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Hopefully Dupuis means that Shanny doesn't have to kill penalties.
I hope that will be the case as well.

Although when the Rangers acquired Avery they lost a penalty killer in Jason Ward. So even with Dupuis on board, he might just replace Ward's penalty killing time meaning Renney will continue to put Shanny out there?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I hope that will be the case as well.

Although when the Rangers acquired Avery they lost a penalty killer in Jason Ward. So even with Dupuis on board, he might just replace Ward's penalty killing time meaning Renney will continue to put Shanny out there?
Avery can pk as well

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
If I had a dollar for every one of these types of posts.....

At this point, Hossa has recieved far more time on as a top-6 forward than Lundmark was ever afforded.
That is total BS! Jamie Questionmark was afforded EVERY opportunity over at least 2 seasons to prove himself...and all he managed to do was glide around the ice ala Messier and act like he was somebody without the stats to back it up.

I don't want to talk about the old Ranger philosophy, and like it or not, Hossa has the skill! I may very well be wrong, but I see a much different Marcel Hossa out there than I did last season, and it started long before he was put on a line with Jagr!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:38 AM
lotus

rofllllllllllllllll
http://msgnetwork.com/rangers2.jsp

Rangers are "busting caps"

ahahah. Screenshotted, I'll use this sometime soon when we really need to bust a cap!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Pizza

I just reviewed that Hossa goal again. That was some good hockey there.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Fletch

SBoB...

you're forgetting that Shanny likes to kill penalties...both Ward and Hall averaged less PK time than last season to accomodate Shanny killing himself early in the season and running out of gas 1/3 the way through the season...we'll see; I sure it hopes he rests a bit down the stretch for those games where he may need to play 7+ minutes in a third period.

Old
02-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
That is total BS! Jamie Questionmark was afforded EVERY opportunity over at least 2 seasons to prove himself
I have to agree with this, more or less. Lundmark was given ample chances up and down the lineup to make his mark. It wasn't just his lack of scoring, but his apparent lack of hustle and effort. At least Hossa hustles and has done what he needed to do to stay in the lineup, even if it's on the 3rd or 4th line.

Anyways, I was at the game on Saturday, and jesus is the Verizon center a dead place. I'm sure the Caps losing had something to do with it, but it was just quiet.

Nice to see the Rangers finally get a win there, though.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
you're forgetting that Shanny likes to kill penalties...both Ward and Hall averaged less PK time than last season to accomodate Shanny killing himself early in the season and running out of gas 1/3 the way through the season...we'll see; I sure it hopes he rests a bit down the stretch for those games where he may need to play 7+ minutes in a third period.
I'm not interested in what he likes to do. I'm interested in keeping him as fresh as possible.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Fletch

I am too, SBoB...

I was just talking about Renney's justification earlier in the season for playing Shanny 20+ minutes per game, with PK time.

Old
02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Anyways, I was at the game on Saturday, and jesus is the Verizon center a dead place. I'm sure the Caps losing had something to do with it, but it was just quiet.

Nice to see the Rangers finally get a win there, though.

I was there as well..I love the building even though the place is dead.

I was in sec 120 6 rows off the glass where the NYR's shot twice.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Levitate

I was up in the 400's, paying $50 for crappy seats.

The Verizon Center is terrible...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
rofllllllllllllllll
http://msgnetwork.com/rangers2.jsp

Rangers are "busting caps"

ahahah. Screenshotted, I'll use this sometime soon when we really need to bust a cap!
I saw that the other day also, I about fell over from laughter I dont know why lol

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote