HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make Your Move

Old
02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Some great posts in here guys, easily one of the better trade threads I have ever seen on these boards. As for Horcoff, Im a huge fan, he was my hockey pool team last year and I fell in love with the guy. Hes a total package, and is a really smart hockey player. He would be a perfect fit for the second line, I never though Lowe would even consider trading him, but the oiler fan brought up a good point. I would be all for this acquistion, IMO its way better (short term and long term) than a Forsberg or Tkachuk trade. I have no idea what it would take to land him, and because Im not really sure what Edmonton is looking for. But ill give it a try with this proposal:

Shawn Horcoff + Chorney + 2nd
Alexander Perezhogin + Mark Streit(is a great forward and pp quaterback) + Ryan O'Bryne

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Since Sourey is from Edmonton, I wonder if he could be convinced to sign with the Oilers and include him in a trade for Horcoff. I know he's our top powerplay guy and for a defenseman, 20 goals is tremendous. But the Habs in recent years have been a shaky group having great highs and great lows and nobody more than Sourey represents that. It's time for stability and somebody like Horcoff would give us a more balanced team. And Kevin Lowe wants that big quaterback defenseman.

With Sourey agreeing to sign with the Oilers, I wonder how Oilers fans would feel if Marc-Andre Bergeron could be added to the mix with talented prospect Sergei Krotitsyn going to the Oilers..?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:12 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Since Sourey is from Edmonton, I wonder if he could be convinced to sign with the Oilers and include him in a trade for Horcoff. I know he's our top powerplay guy and for a defenseman, 20 goals is tremendous. But the Habs in recent years have been a shaky group having great highs and great lows and nobody more than Sourey represents that. It's time for stability and somebody like Horcoff would give us a more balanced team. And Kevin Lowe wants that big quaterback defenseman.

With Sourey agreeing to sign with the Oilers, I wonder how Oilers fans would feel if Marc-Andre Bergeron could be added to the mix with talented prospect Sergei Krotitsyn going to the Oilers..?
Then, I wouldnt do it. If Souray agrees to sign with the Oilers before the trade, the Habs would get more than that. I wouldn't trade Souray straight up for Horcoff and I wouldn't trade the younger Kost straight up for Bergeron. He has a lot potential and I think it would be a huge mistake.

I'll stick with my proposal.

To MTL: Horcoff, Lupul and conditionnal pick

To EDM: Souray, Perezhogin and Halak

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
dodecapod*

Lowe will not trade Horcoff.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:43 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
Since Stoll is hurt right now, I have to agree with you.

That said, if it wasn't the case, Lowe would probably consider trading him with Souray in the trade.

Old
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
bjac

I don't want the Habs to trade for a rental. I would rather them trade for something that will help us in the future too. Therefore, if the "rumours" of his availability are true (they probably aren't), I think the Habs would be smart to go after Pitkanen. He is young, talented, and under contract for a couple of years (I think). He would help the Habs address the issue of losing 3 Dmen to UFA next year. Also, I beleive that he would take pressure off of Markov and really improve the Habs transition game. The price would be big (one of Kosty, Grabs or even Komo or Ryder would probably have to go the other way). I have no idea what the needs of Phili are right now, but I am sure that the Habs could probably address it. Then again, why would Phili let go of Pitkanen? It doesn't make much sense, but this is the player I would go after.

On another note, I am a big Jokinen fan, but I dont think Florida would ever let him go.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
I don't want the Habs to trade for a rental. I would rather them trade for something that will help us in the future too. Therefore, if the "rumours" of his availability are true (they probably aren't), I think the Habs would be smart to go after Pitkanen. He is young, talented, and under contract for a couple of years (I think). He would help the Habs address the issue of losing 3 Dmen to UFA next year. Also, I beleive that he would take pressure off of Markov and really improve the Habs transition game. The price would be big (one of Kosty, Grabs or even Komo or Ryder would probably have to go the other way). I have no idea what the needs of Phili are right now, but I am sure that the Habs could probably address it. Then again, why would Phili let go of Pitkanen? It doesn't make much sense, but this is the player I would go after.

On another note, I am a big Jokinen fan, but I dont think Florida would ever let him go.
Actually, Jokinen is more likely to be traded than Pitkanen.

Old
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
And you know this how?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Slick Nick

E2 - E4.

Checkmate in 5.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
And you know this how?
Because I'm a hockey expert.

He's their only center capable of playing on the first line, he's 27, he's wouldn't be a rental even if he was available, Lowe and MacT like him, the Oilers aren't sellers, the Oilers won't be sellers for as long as Horcoff is still signed at his bargain $3.6 million, Lowe is a very cautious trader, etc.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:31 AM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Actually, Jokinen is more likely to be traded than Pitkanen.
Actually I would have to dissagree with that. I have talked with many Florida fans (who know alot more about their team than we do) and the vast majority says that Jokinen isn't going anywhere. Why would they trade away their young, big, skilled center, who is also their captain? Florida needs to start making the playoffs, so it really doesn't make financial sense to trade away the centerpiece of their team so that they can go back to rebuilding (which they have been doing for years now). While I would actually prefer to get Jokinen, I think it is pretty unrealistic.

Florida and Philly are at different stages in the rebuilding process. Florida is at the point where I believe that they might start to look at UFA to improve their team to make them a contender. Philly on the other hand has a couple more years of rebuilding to go before they will start to go for the playoffs again. Therefore I think Philly is more willing to trade away assets such as Pitkanen for picks/prospects than Florida.

With all that said, I don't think that either team will be that willing to trade those two players. It really doesn't make much sense. But if I had to put money on which team would trade away Pitkanen/Jokinen first, I would choose Philly because of their current condition.

Last edited by bjac: 02-12-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old
02-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Mr. Hab

Horcoff: not a bad idea but I just don't see him in a Habs jersey (just me...).

Also...

Forsberg (don't want to give too, too much though!)
Jokinen (we'd have to give quite a lot!! Florida will keep him)
Guerin
Tkachuk
Laperriere
Gelinas
M. Lapointe

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
dodecapod*

Neither Pitkanen or Jokinen will be traded any time soon. Both are franchise players and are no doubt untouchable.

And as for what I want Gainey to look into. A long term defenseman. Preferably an above average point man because losing Souray's gonna hurt the blueline. Not many available though. Aucoin is injury prone, Morris is probably untouchable and Zhitnik just sucks. They're all overpaid too. Well, Morris' contract isn't so bad but like I said, probably untouchable.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:18 AM
bjac

Quote:
Neither Pitkanen or Jokinen will be traded any time soon. Both are franchise players and no doubt untouchable.
While I agree with the fact that they probably won't be traded, niether is untouchable if the right deal comes along. And calling them franchise players is a bit of a stretch. The word untouchable gets used to much around here. Basically noone is untouchable if the right deal comes along (or if they have a NTC).

Old
02-12-2007, 01:24 AM
dodecapod*

Of course they'd be traded if Crosby was in the fray but Crosby is untouchable too so to call Pitkanen tradable because they'd trade him for Crosby is pointless because Crosby's untouchable. I probably just confused you but my point is that there is such a thing as an untradable player and Jokinen and Pitkanen are among them. Besides, the "right deal" you speak of could not be provided by the Habs.

Old
02-12-2007, 07:32 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Shane Doan, he's all we need.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:45 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Actually I would have to dissagree with that. I have talked with many Florida fans (who know alot more about their team than we do) and the vast majority says that Jokinen isn't going anywhere. Why would they trade away their young, big, skilled center, who is also their captain? Florida needs to start making the playoffs, so it really doesn't make financial sense to trade away the centerpiece of their team so that they can go back to rebuilding (which they have been doing for years now). While I would actually prefer to get Jokinen, I think it is pretty unrealistic.

Florida and Philly are at different stages in the rebuilding process. Florida is at the point where I believe that they might start to look at UFA to improve their team to make them a contender. Philly on the other hand has a couple more years of rebuilding to go before they will start to go for the playoffs again. Therefore I think Philly is more willing to trade away assets such as Pitkanen for picks/prospects than Florida.

With all that said, I don't think that either team will be that willing to trade those two players. It really doesn't make much sense. But if I had to put money on which team would trade away Pitkanen/Jokinen first, I would choose Philly because of their current condition.
I have to disagree too. Basing your first point on the "fact" that they know much about their team as we do proove a serious lack of argument. Could you explain me why they would know more about their team? No offense here but it was the pointless fact I saw on this board for a while.

That said, you were right when you said that Philadelphia was in a rebuilding process. The fact is that Pitkanen is THE key of this process at the defense. You like to talk with other fans so go at the Flyers board and you'll see that the Flyers fans don't want to trade him except if it is for a guy like Dion Phaneuf.

Jokinen is not likely to be deal too. I was just saying that 99,9% not likely to be traded is still more likely than 100% not likely to be traded.

Old
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
THEREW

Nathan Horton ?

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
skipp18

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I know there isn't much room for wingers, but at this point I would take anyone. I think a good player to look at would be Bill Guerin. Pure goal scorer, can skate and has a mean streak to him. Has 22 goals (more than any Hab) on a bad St. Louis team and only makes $2 million (UFA next season).
I agree, Guerin is then man!

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Taupy

I think Chiram is right and that we should aim at Mike Knuble. He would be a great fit in Montreal, he could mentor Latendresse at doing things he was doing at the beginning of the year but is not doing anymore.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmcbob View Post
Ryder & Rivet for Horcoff & Jean-Francois Jacques

I think that the right deal in this situation would be Ryder, Souray & a 3rd round pick for Horcoff & JF Jacques & a 4th from Edmonton.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I think that the right deal in this situation would be Ryder, Souray & a 3rd round pick for Horcoff & JF Jacques & a 4th from Edmonton.
I wouldn't do it.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
I wouldn't do it.
Actually change that to M.A. Pouliot, 4th round & Horcoff for Ryder & Souray and a 4th rounder. That way Edmonton gets Souray who would probably love to play in AB, Ryder who a young if underperforming offensive threat and an upgrade in the draft. Montreal gets a great prospect, a good young player who can play #2 centre & only give up an unrestricted free agent, a player who's not performing up to par and a slight downgrade in the draft. Not to mention a chance for Kost or Grab to come up and show us what he can do.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Bottom line for the Habs is...they need some sort of change...shake the tree so to speak...as for Horcoff, Lowe would want Komisarek, he absolutely loves Komi, and I am not sure BG would do this, but as stated, the Habs need to shake the tree...

I'd give Rivet to the Oil in 2 seconds, but not Komisarek....he's our future and we already lost Hainsey and Beauchemin.

Horcoff + 3rd round pick

for

Rivet, Perezhogin and Murray

Lines would look like this....

Samsonov - Horcoff - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder (since everybody thinks they belong together, i don't but...)
Plekanec - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse

Souray - Komisarek
Markov - Niinimaa
Boullion - Dandenault

Huet - Aebischer

extras : Downey, Streit(4th line or D)

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Actually change that to M.A. Pouliot, 4th round & Horcoff for Ryder & Souray and a 4th rounder. That way Edmonton gets Souray who would probably love to play in AB, Ryder who a young if underperforming offensive threat and an upgrade in the draft. Montreal gets a great prospect, a good young player who can play #2 centre & only give up an unrestricted free agent, a player who's not performing up to par and a slight downgrade in the draft. Not to mention a chance for Kost or Grab to come up and show us what he can do.
Why not just take out the picks.

If Souray really wants lo leave, I think I would put the trigger on that one.