HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT February 9: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00p MSG

Old
02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
Hey, Orr played almost 9 minutes last night and aside from playing a very effective game for his role, the guy showed he is responsible defensivley. If anyone sists, its gonna be Prucha, I have a feeling. Not that I want that. Anyway, after last nights domination, I hope we just scratch Dupiuis vs Wash. That 4th line (Hollweg-Betts-Orr) deserves another game.
If Orr played that good on a more consistent basis he'd be a regular. I'm not a huge Orr fan, but he was way way above his typical play last night. I saw him skate backwards once.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and he will fight Brashear on the first shift to get it out of the way, and we may not see much more of him afterwards. This is the first time these teams have played since the incident at the Garden.

One note on last night...hopefully they use last night's game as a spingboard, but I would note that a couple of those goals probably should've been stopped and in the end, this team was outshot by TB, although it may not have looked like it. Great game to watch as a Rangers fan, but what happens the next couple games will be key. One other note, the distribution of ice time was excellent last night. Having the lead may've been the sole reason for that, but there have been times that Renney would still find 20 minutes for Jagr, whereby last night was less than 18. Great job in that department, especially considering there's a game tonight.
good point, and it comes down to having 3 complete (last night it was 4) lines that can not only handle their end of things, but can also be effective in the offensive zone.

to me, prior to the miraculous formation of the COP line, i felt we had a number 1 line that was effective, a number 2 line that wasnt effective, an effective #4 line, a marginal #4 line.

Now i see it as An effective second line, an effective second line, an effective second line, a good 4th line.

a-la Buffalo (w/o their speed of course)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:43 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I don't hate Orr. I give him credit for having a good game tonight but that doesn't mean he should be in the lineup every game. And let's be honest, he doesn't have many "stand-out" games so I'm not exactly quick to keep him in the lineup.

Dupuis should get his shot. And seriously, who do you scratch from the current lineup if you don't wanna scratch Orr? If you scratch Betts, you need to move Orr or Hollweg to center cause Dupuis is a winger. Hollweg has been playing well so no way I scratch him over Orr.
Dude..you don't scratch anyone! Dupuis will just have to wait...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmieder44 View Post
I have to admit, Hossa i thought was just a complete waste. About 5 games ago something happend to this guy. Hes started taking the body, then looking to shoot, now hes scoring, and looking to create. Its hard to say but hes really really been impressive. I guess now seeing this consistently is the next step. Its really nice to see !
We've seen 5 game hot flashes from him before. It goes something like this. He gets going for a stretch of 5 games and even scores a few goals (he'll probably score another one tonight). Then he stops doing anything with the puck, but still plays decently for another 2 or 3 games. Then he promptly disappears for 6-8 weeks.
Not that I am unhappy with what he has been doing, but it does not deviate from what he has done in his entire career. Until he can keep it going for more than a few games, he remains the bubble player he is.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
With someone like Avery you maybe don't feel more comfortable, but there is something, its hard to pinpoint, but a player like Avery are just out there to stick it to the other team, in every way he can think of. He is not concerned of how it looks, or stuff like that.
I think that Avery is one of those players who can make the other team feel uncomfortable.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:33 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Yes sir...

Old
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Can we stop with Orr...The guy scored on a lucky goal and for the first time since he was a ranger looked like a 4th line player...WOW...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Can we stop with Orr...The guy scored on a lucky goal and for the first time since he was a ranger looked like a 4th line player...WOW...
Spoil sport

I'm not a huge Orr fan but he did have a good game, and that goal was awesome, for the life of me don't understand why guys don't use the backhand or snapshot more these days, element of surprise

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:13 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
First time? Always looks like a 4th liner....this time he looked like a very good one and a possible 3rd line. Seriously....its unbelievable. Guy goes out there and does his job absolutley amazingly...a goal and a fight....and some hitting. You need to understand that people have roles in this game. Not everyone can be Jagr out there....sorry....thats just how it is...

Old
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Edge

Can we officially make Orr a cuss word?

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Leprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Can we officially make Orr a cuss word?

Although I can't say I'd be averse to the idea....

Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Spoil sport

I'm not a huge Orr fan but he did have a good game, and that goal was awesome, for the life of me don't understand why guys don't use the backhand or snapshot more these days, element of surprise

putting the puck on net is never a bad play but Orr sucks goal or not....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote