HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

20K show up for practice

Old
02-12-2007, 12:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
20K show up for practice

Habs open practice had 20K show up. Pretty impressive if you ask me, especailly considered how hard the team has been to watch of late.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5656

Also props to Lapierre, less then 20 games and he's already caused 2 huge threads on the main board. To think he's only been a pro for the last year and half, interesting to see what he will do in the future.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I wanted to kill many of the people in attendance.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Kramy

I heard there were a little more than 15K on TV.

Kramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
RE-HABS

They should have booed the whole time to show the team how displeased we are with their play, its one thing to get booed in a game but a practice...it would be heard loud and clear by the team.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Also props to Lapierre, less then 20 games and he's already caused 2 huge threads on the main board. To think he's only been a pro for the last year and half, interesting to see what he will do in the future.
Ya, I have a feeling our boy Max has many left in him.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
They should have booed the whole time to show the team how displeased we are with their play, its one thing to get booed in a game but a practice...it would be heard loud and clear by the team.
Because I'm sure the team's completely unaware they're in a slump and falling out of the playoffs, right?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:12 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Because I'm sure the team's completely unaware they're in a slump and falling out of the playoffs, right?
No, because it would show them that the fans are pissed and want them to play hard in practice too to get this back on track....the players know they are sucking, but come on if I'm a player and hear them booing in a game it tells me we are playing a bad game, if I'm being booed in a practice it tells me I'm not only having a bad pass game but a bad pass month.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Taupy

Quote:
No, because it would show them that the fans are pissed and want them to play hard in practice too to get this back on track....the players know they are sucking, but come on if I'm a player and hear them booing in a game it tells me we are playing a bad game, if I'm being booed in a practice it tells me I'm not only having a bad pass game but a bad pass month.
I think they are more aware then you that they are in big trouble. If we boo them in a open practice, what message do you send them except that our fan are moron and that UFA will never want to come here?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:33 AM
jerseydevil

You have to love this...the fact that people love their team this much is just awesome..definitely something that a lot of teams down here in States wish we had (including my Devils)..we were happy that we had over 18,000 at yesterdays game...and you guys get 15-20,000 for an open practice. Definitely shows the love of the sport...great to see

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
MoonlightGraham

And don't forget it wasn't a real open practice, you had to win tickets on the radio or in the newspapers to be there. Otherwise too many people would have come, I guess. It was free though, which is nice.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Habitants

heh some teams cant even get 12k in regular attendance!
so it is nice to see the fans come out to support their team, even at a practice.

as for booing them at pratice that is pretty stupid, i mean do i come to your work and boo you when you are not doing your job right and embarasse you in front of your entire workplace?

im sick of all these negative comments!

these players work hard , and you know what you cant win every game, they are not perfect. for a team that is not much improved compared to last season, with a rookie coach i have to say they have done a pretty good job this year, espeacially compared to some past seasons when the team was not so great. so it is important to support your team through their good times AND their bad times, you dont BOO them you cheer them on and encourage them! you think you could do better?! well too bad your not in the NHL, because you're not good enough!, so your job as a fan is to help the team by cheering FOR them!

so if you are not satisfied with their performance and have nothing constructive to say well then S-T-F-U! we dont need your negative feedback. real fans are there 100% of the time, no matter what is going on.

end rant

oh and
GO HABS GO

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

That really shows how stupid some fans are because why would you go to a practice for a team that really seems not to care..... Fans should be abandoning this team to show its frustrations with how this team is playing not show up like nothing is wrong. Wake up folks, because if you dont make a stand then the management wont do anything.

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
That really shows how stupid some fans are because why would you go to a practice for a team that really seems not to care..... Fans should be abandoning this team to show its frustrations with how this team is playing not show up like nothing is wrong. Wake up folks, because if you dont make a stand then the management wont do anything.
Ding Ding !!!

That's the whole problem with the Habs. We have turned into the Leafs as a corporate entity which needs to make profits.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
as for booing them at pratice that is pretty stupid, i mean do i come to your work and boo you when you are not doing your job right and embarasse you in front of your entire workplace?
im sick of all these negative comments!
these players work hard , and you know what you cant win every game, they are not perfect.
I have to disagree with you on your comment about the players working hard.... it seems that most of the team are just out for a skate not trying hard at all. I also realize that they cant win every game but as long as they are playing hard (which they havent been doing in over a month) then most people wont complain but when you are paying players millions of dollars they have to be able to take the good with the bad hence the booing.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Reading this (and the post below it) just made me dumber. Only Habs fans could find something negative to say about 20k showing up for a practice - just about every other franchise would KILL to have that kind of devotion.

I'm not happy with the way the Habs are playing lately either but to abandon them or boo them is just pure bandwagoning, no matter how hard you try to disguise it as "taking a stand".

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
About 80% of the people there were under the age of 15, I'd say. Most of the kids, I assume, don't get to go to many games throughout the season... they were all really happy to see their favourite team in person; booing would have been really dumb.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Which environment would you work best in?

a) you're at work and your clients/boss nag you for every little mistake you make.

b) you're at work and your clients/boss encourage you and praise you when you do good work.

c) you get nagged for every little mistake you make and you get praised for good work.

I don't know about you, but I'm willing to bet that most people work best in environment b.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Which environment would you work best in?

a) you're at work and your clients/boss nag you for every little mistake you make.

b) you're at work and your clients/boss encourage you and praise you when you do good work.

c) you get nagged for every little mistake you make and you get praised for good work.

I don't know about you, but I'm willing to bet that most people work best in environment b.

I dont make millions of dollars for playing a game...sorry but they dont get much if any sympathy from me.....

Old
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I dont make millions of dollars for playing a game...sorry but they dont get much if any sympathy from me.....
Well then clearly we should boo you, because you haven't tried hard enough in life.

BOOO!!

02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
PK76

I got some tickets from a friend, and it was actually pretty nice

It was more of a day for the kids but still the atmosphere was good

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
Haha can you imagine? Not even in Montreal are the fans that cruel!

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Yeah and while we're at it we can all throw rocks at the players in public.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
Yeah and while we're at it we can all throw rocks at the players in public.
No... the Martin Lapointe's treatment would be better in my opinion.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Artyukhin*

and for this is one of the very reasons the urgency to win the cup is years away .

no problem attracting fans .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
and for this is one of the very reasons the urgency to win the cup is years away .

no problem attracting fans .
The Habs will never have difficulty attracting fans. Habdom is a lifestyle.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote