HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Peter Forsberg(again, rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Mythology

vCash: 500
Snider has made it clear with the amount of cap space the Flyers have they are making moves aimed to contend next season. My guess is that the Flyers asking price is starting with at least one young player that they know contributes next season, and then a combo of picks and/or prospects. That means the Flyers asking price most likely starts with one of Weber, Radulov, or Suter. Just my opinion.

Old
02-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology View Post
Snider has made it clear with the amount of cap space the Flyers have they are making moves aimed to contend next season. My guess is that the Flyers asking price is starting with at least one young player that they know contributes next season, and then a combo of picks and/or prospects. That means the Flyers asking price most likely starts with one of Weber, Radulov, or Suter. Just my opinion.
Players that could contribute next season? Klein, Upshall....

Don't get your hopes up on Weber, Radulov or Suter.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Of all the defensive prospects we have, Parent is the least likely to get moved. He is our purest defensive defenseman. I doubt we move him.

Franson is a terrific skater.....I'm not sure where you read he had problems with his skating because he absolutely does not.
I didn't read anything because I have watched Franson play live a bunch. He has great straight away speed but still struggles with mobility and turning in his own zone.

That is very common with big young defensemen though.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:59 AM
John Flyers Fan

Forsberg & Downie or Giroux & #2

Radulov, Parent, #1

Swap of pick may be just a one spot difference, probably 5 at most.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Forsberg & Downie or Giroux & #2

Radulov, Parent, #1

Swap of pick may be just a one spot difference, probably 5 at most.
Parent & #1 for Forsberg straight up

Old
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
Parent & #1 for Forsberg straight up
I'd be more inclined to take Radulov straight up.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Jarnberg

I doubt Radulov is going anywhere.

Old
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
I'd be more inclined to take Radulov straight up.
okay ... we'll let you keep Hatcher and the slow oxen on Defense for another year then

Old
02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
okay ... we'll let you keep Hatcher and the slow oxen on Defense for another year then
Hatcher is the only slow defenseman we have, and he's been arguably the best non-goalie penalty killer in the league this year.

While his salary is a bit higher that it should be, his play has not been an issue. We have a ton of issues, but Hatcher isn't one of them.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Personal opinion here:

A package of Upshall and Klein would be very desirable in Philadelphia for two reasons:

1) Both are players with a lot of untapped potential, young, and NHL ready.

2) These guys are extremely cheap in terms of salary, but they could both step into relatively decent minutes immediately. This would help the Flyers in the FA market as well as their on ice product next year.

If the Flyers are wanting a Parent or Franson, they are still probably a year away. Parent would be better suited to stepping in next year, but he really should get at least a half a year in the AHL (who knows maybe the Admirals playoff run if they have one will be all he needs to gear up for the NHL). I can just about say that there is zero chance Weber is moved unless Pitkanen is coming back. As for Radulov, he isn't going to be traded. The coaches love his work ethic, and his upside is gigantic. Poile knows he has a ton of other players to deal besides Radulov.

Comments aside, I could see anything happened. My thoughts on Weber and Radulov could be wishful thinking, but make no mistakes about it, Poile loves these two. Suter is almost in that group, but I could see him being moved before Weber. Ryan Parent is the Predators best defensive defenseman, and as such, is likely the third defensive prospect they would be willing to move with Klein and Franson being ahead of him.

Would a package of Klein and Upshall be enough? I would think it should be close to value considering the enormous injury problems Forsberg has (a groin made of glass and ankles as unstable as a castle made of cards). A high draft pick might be required as well....we shall see. Still, a lot of the proposals I see on here are of the equivalent of the Pronger trade, in which the Ducks recieved a top 3 defenseman without injury concerns, at a reasonable salary, and under contract for the next 3 years. The Predators would receive none of these benefits, and I do think that should be factored in when discussing hypothetical value. Then again, if a bidding war ensues (See Detroit/Anaheim), all bets are off.

02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think Franson and Klein both offer almost identical value to Parent. Franson has tons of offensive potential in a huge frame, Klein is NHL ready and has the makings of a fast-skating, two way, top 4 defenseman.
I would tend to agree with this. Klein is ready to step in to a 2nd pairing role tonight. His speed and athleticism are exactly what the new NHL calls for. He has average size, so he won't be a night in, night out physical guy like Weber, but he lays the wood when he's called up to Nashville. I think he's definitely more attractive than our first rounder to many teams because he's able to step in and play immediately as opposed to several years down the road, which is what you'd expect from a player drafted 25-30th overall.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
rumor going around is Weber +, all I can say is good luck to Philly. Not a chance in hell.. right?
That's just not a smart trade for Nashville at all. We already have trouble with physical forwards. We'd be drastically downgrading a major weakness in order to drastically upgrade a minor one. And it would have severe long-term effects.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. My guess is that Poile has already let Philly know the availability of Weber. Even without him, the Preds still boast the most impressive collection of available defensemen of any of the contending teams.

And players like Weber don't get traded often. Everyone speaks of how untouchable Phaneuf is. There are many in the Nashville camp who don't see much difference between the two. Slowly, that belief is starting to catch on here at HF.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post

And players like Weber don't get traded often. Everyone speaks of how untouchable Phaneuf is. There are many in the Nashville camp who don't see much difference between the two. Slowly, that belief is starting to catch on here at HF.
I've been debating the point for the past little while on a different Flyers message board. While Phaneuf was better out of the gate, I really believe Weber has began to close the gap and in a few seasons' they will be pretty damn similar in terms of level of play and value to their clubs and around the league.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Jarnberg

Elkund is on 104.5 the zone right now.. lol

Old
02-12-2007, 02:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Elkund is on 104.5 the zone right now.. lol
saying what?

Old
02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
saying what?
Just classic Elkund speculation, pretty much the same stuff as his web site.

He thinks we are the front runner, but you have to expect him saying that on our radio.

Pretty short "interview".

Old
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
I've been debating the point for the past little while on a different Flyers message board. While Phaneuf was better out of the gate, I really believe Weber has began to close the gap and in a few seasons' they will be pretty damn similar in terms of level of play and value to their clubs and around the league.
They're very comparable at the moment, despite Phaneuf's significant experience gap at all levels of play. Dion had many more WHL games before he made the jump. And he's played a fair bit more %-wise to this point in the NHL.

What really excites me is how much Weber's game tends to jump in the playoffs. While we only have a few seasons of WHL and one season of AHL and NHL playoff numbers to play with, Weber seems to get better in the second season.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
SmokeyClause

Oh and if a deal gets made today, Nashville is going to be paying a pretty penny. Can't say I blame Poile if the trade goes down soon, but don't expect any Klein and Upshall centered packages. My guess is that a bigger name or a 1st makes the trip up to Philly.

Old
02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

I think Ryan Parent is the guy.

Old
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Which one?

Old
02-12-2007, 03:32 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Which one?
Flyerphans. I post as jtuzzi there.

Old
02-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Flyerphans. I post as jtuzzi there.
The posters there are the extremists of Flyer fans.

Old
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
The posters there are the extremists of Flyer fans.
yep. It is a wacky board but I enjoy reading it.

Old
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

someone over on the tradeboard said they were talking about this on edmonton radio today, and that they were hearing that Nashville was by far the front runner, and that the rumored deal was

1st round pick
3rd or 4th
and one of Klein, Franson or Parent

The only piece of that I'd really hate to see go would be Parent, everything else is so worth it that I wouldn't even hesitate. I think there's few teams that could beat that offer, at this point.

Old
02-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Peter Angelo

Where would forsberg fit into the lineup if he were to end up here? I assume the 1st Line-A Kariya-Legwand-Erat line is set and Arnott being our 1st line-B center would this mean that forsberg would be centering Hartnell and Radulov or would he play wing with Arnott and Sullivan?

Closed Thread