HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Old
12-14-2013, 09:12 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
With McKenna and Smith in Columbus, who is in net for the Falcons?

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 09:32 AM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
With McKenna and Smith in Columbus, who is in net for the Falcons?
Mike Clemente, who had been playing for very well for Evansville.

Springfield's backup is Linus Lundin, who played for a Springfield junior team and filled in in the preseason while most of the goalies were still in the Jackets' camp.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 09:42 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Mike Clemente, who had been playing for very well for Evansville.

Springfield's backup is Linus Lundin, who played for a Springfield junior team and filled in in the preseason while most of the goalies were still in the Jackets' camp.
Thanks, JFW.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 08:04 AM
bluejacketsfanwpsl

The Falcons are still playing well, despite the call ups.

They are in first for their division. When I look at the stats I notice pretty even scoring, but little Marchessault leads them in goals.

I also saw a tweet that we have 6 prospects in the WJC. I think there might have been one team with 7.

But we are looking good for the future.

bluejacketsfanwpsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 4m
Cody Goloubef and Frederic St Denis named to AHL All Star team that will play Swedish Club Farjestad #CBJ

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 06:35 PM
JacketsFanWest

Not a CBJ prospect in Springy, but this is interesting with the ice time discussion and players being frequently scratched (like Sedlak) and how well prospects like Dano, Wennberg and Zaar might do.

Broc Little was let out of his contract with Springfield this week and signed with Iowa. (http://falconsahl.com/news/news/?article_id=166) He was in the top 5 in scoring last year in the Swedish Elite League as a rookie and could have gone back to Sweden and signed with any team but wanted to play in North America.

But first Ilari Melart left and now Broc Little. Little loss to the team since they weren't putting up many points. Neither was getting much ice time or a chance to adapt and improve, so they moved on.

Little was such a dominant player in the SEL last year. If Marko Dano did come over (he's been a constant healthy scratch for his KHL team since the WJC), I really wonder if there's any chance he would even play in Springfield with how little the younger players are being used.

Old
01-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Crede777
Deputized

It is interesting, but I feel if any GM is equipped to deal with Euro / NA issues, it is Jarmo.

The points matter, but equally important is what kind of style or game the player plays. Some styles translate better than others.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2014, 06:20 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
It is interesting, but I feel if any GM is equipped to deal with Euro / NA issues, it is Jarmo.
Jarmo can’t insist Brad Larsen play a certain player. Scratching Johansen last season worked well for him, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing. However, Springfield wants a winning hockey team and the team has been very successful. Players who are young and struggling get scratched and replaced by career minor leaguers.

The Falcons also are icing a very old team compared to the teams they are playing against.

Many of the younger players, like Sedlak and Madaisky, have been mainly seeing the press box. Larkin keeps being recalled from Evansville to also be a healthy scratch.

Chaput is almost 22, so younger guys can be successful. But when they struggle, they get the press box. With guys coming over from Europe, it can take time for them to adapt. They need ice time to make the transition.

The average age of the players who played for the Falcons yesterday is 25.6 years.

Next season, most of the forwards could be between the ages of 19 and 22.

Only looking at who has contracts for next season and prospects who have signed ELC or are expected to be signed and are old enough to play in the AHL, the Springfield line-up for next season would look like this:

M. Dano A. Wennberg J. Marchessault
D. Zaar M. Chaput K. Rychel
D. Smith L. Sedlak J. Anderson
F/A F/A F/A

A. Madaisky T. Larkin
F/A F/A
F/A F/A

A. Forsberg
O. Dansk (need to sign)

Erixon, Will Weber, Goloubef, Jake Hansen and Sean Collins are all RFAs that could be resigned. Anderson, Rychel and Dansk could return to the OHL as overagers.

I just hope this all gets figured out before Wennberg, Zaar and Dano come over and all end up back in Europe a few years later.

Old
01-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Jarmo can’t insist Brad Larsen play a certain player. Scratching Johansen last season worked well for him, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing. However, Springfield wants a winning hockey team and the team has been very successful. Players who are young and struggling get scratched and replaced by career minor leaguers.

The Falcons also are icing a very old team compared to the teams they are playing against.

Many of the younger players, like Sedlak and Madaisky, have been mainly seeing the press box. Larkin keeps being recalled from Evansville to also be a healthy scratch.

Chaput is almost 22, so younger guys can be successful. But when they struggle, they get the press box. With guys coming over from Europe, it can take time for them to adapt. They need ice time to make the transition.

The average age of the players who played for the Falcons yesterday is 25.6 years.

Next season, most of the forwards could be between the ages of 19 and 22.

Only looking at who has contracts for next season and prospects who have signed ELC or are expected to be signed and are old enough to play in the AHL, the Springfield line-up for next season would look like this:

M. Dano A. Wennberg J. Marchessault
D. Zaar M. Chaput K. Rychel
D. Smith L. Sedlak J. Anderson
F/A F/A F/A

A. Madaisky T. Larkin
F/A F/A
F/A F/A

A. Forsberg
O. Dansk (need to sign)

Erixon, Will Weber, Goloubef, Jake Hansen and Sean Collins are all RFAs that could be resigned. Anderson, Rychel and Dansk could return to the OHL as overagers.

I just hope this all gets figured out before Wennberg, Zaar and Dano come over and all end up back in Europe a few years later.
I would still really like to know how much input Columbus has on who plays in Springy, and who doesn't.

As I have mentioned before, with the AAA baseball Clippers here in Columbus, if the Indians tell them to play someone, they play them, no questions asked. If that player sucks long enough he probably gets demoted to Akron, where he will play. I realize that compared to Hockey, Baseball minor leagues are massive since there is no Junior lvl, or European leagues. Still, for the parent clubs, it is all about what is best for them. They want their minor league teams to be successful, but what is best for them always takes precedent.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 08:16 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
HI. Ranger fan here coming in peace.
I just woder how Tim Erixon and Jam are this year. Thougt they both been NHL regulars bu now. Are there some injuries or something.
Thank's in advance.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Roadman
Moving On

It is a business, and as such needs to make money. In order to do that the team has to win games. Until such time as the Blue Jackets own their own AHL team (as other teams have done) it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure, to the best of his ability, his franchise makes a buck. Those interests may or may not always coincide with the priorities of the affiliated NHL team.

It is a fine line that has to be walked. If the opportunity for the prospects is not there there won't be a desirable affiliation. But at the same time a successful and winning program develops a successful and winning atmosphere which develops a successful and winning mindset in the player. Competition for playing time is not a bad thing whether it's against career AHL'ers or other prospects. But no ice time at all is not a good thing either.

A very fine line and a very tough call at times.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
HI. Ranger fan here coming in peace.
I just wonder how Tim Erixon and Jam are this year. Thought they both been NHL regulars bu now. Are there some injuries or something.
Thank's in advance.
Erixon played very well last year and pretty good in camp but Savard played just as well if not a little better and would have needed to clear waivers to go back to Springfield. Savard has since been solid while Erixon had an injury in the AHL. I think Erixon has a very good chance of full time work in the NHL next year. As for JAM, I'm not too up on him but his cup of coffee with the CBJ wasn't great in my opinion. He didn't separate himself with speed or skill which given his size was a problem. I think he's a tweener but that's based on my limited sample size. I know he's fared well on the stats sheet with Springfield but I can't speak to his overall play.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM
bluejacketsfanwpsl

Yeah, I expected Savard to be cut after last year's debacle. Even through camp I was unimpressed and expected Erixon or Golobeuf to take that #7 spot. But then Savard stepped up when sProut got hurt. While there was a hiccup, HCTR went away from and then later back to Savard and he's been solid.

Agree that Erixon will play in the NHL next year. But I don't know if it'll be here.

As for JAM, he was completely invisible with the CBJ last year. I read he's doing quite well in Springy again this season and I'd like to see him get a real chance with the top 6 should an injury occur. But I don't feel like the team will give him that shot without multiple injuries. The little guys we have, Calvert, Atkinson, etc can play the check first way and be successful. I don't know if JAM can....

He just hasn't had the chance this year.

bluejacketsfanwpsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 08:40 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Bruce Landon steps down as Springfield's president and part owner

Quote:
t is truly the end of an era, and Landon spoke emotionally as he fought back tears on Tuesday evening at the MassMutual Center.

"(Owner) Charlie Pompea accepted the challenges of making this franchise successful. I feel comfortable in the direction this franchise is going to go,'' Landon said in a true torch-passing moment.

Pompea has owned the team since late 2010. But the face of the franchise has always been Landon.
http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...g_down_as.html

Old
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Bruce Landon steps down as Springfield's president and part owner

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...g_down_as.html
Dayum. Hope that doesn't adversely affect the Falcons franchise; they've been pretty good to us.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
BLBow3r03

Great seeing McKenna get a shutout for Springy last night!

BLBow3r03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Dayum. Hope that doesn't adversely affect the Falcons franchise; they've been pretty good to us.
And I think we have been pretty good for them.

A good partnership.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Xoggz22

Chaput with a hat trick today. Seems like he's playing some really good hockey lately. Need the NHL caliber (?) D to start playing like it.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Chaput with a hat trick today. Seems like he's playing some really good hockey lately. Need the NHL caliber (?) D to start playing like it.
SHAPOO!!!

Sorry ... just my thoughts on the commentary. Great to see Chaput continuing on where he left off in juniors. Really like the kid, think he'll be a good player for us.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:30 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
SHAPOO!!!

Sorry ... just my thoughts on the commentary. Great to see Chaput continuing on where he left off in juniors. Really like the kid, think he'll be a good player for us.
I agree, and me being a Derek MacKenzie fan, I fear he will take over in DMacs spot next year.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 01:19 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
This won't be the most relevant thing ever, but here's a recap of tonight's Falcon's game. Written for a website mostly for LA Kings but does touch on Erixon at least.

AHL: Monarchs, Fraser lose to Falcons in shootout

Quote:
Nobody said hockey is a fair game. After spending the past six seasons in the NHL, winning two Stanley Cups in that time, Colin Fraser was sent down to the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL. Friday marked his debut with the team, as they hosted Springfield.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
This won't be the most relevant thing ever, but here's a recap of tonight's Falcon's game. Written for a website mostly for LA Kings but does touch on Erixon at least.

AHL: Monarchs, Fraser lose to Falcons in shootout
Good to hear. I think that is one of the hardest things for defense prospects to learn is how to make the simple play and hearing that Erixon is showing that ability hopefully means that the transition back to the big club will be smooth and his continued progress will translate.

Really looking forward to seeing what Murray and Erixon on the blue line can do.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 02:50 PM
JacketsFanWest

Anton Forsberg's season might soon be over. One game left in the SHL season and MODO is one point out of 6th place and MODO's last game is against #1 Skellefteć. There are 4 teams battling for that last 2 spots, and odds aren't good that MODO will make it. They're relying on Kirill Kabanov for scoring.

The question is does Forsberg join Springfield when the season is over? The Falcons seem set in net, but he might as well get a headstart on adjusting to NA and give the CBJ organization a chance to see where he's at in his development up close.

On a sidenote, Buffalo is going to be scary with Linus Ullmark.

Old
03-04-2014, 03:01 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Anton Forsberg's season might soon be over. One game left in the SHL season and MODO is one point out of 6th place and MODO's last game is against #1 Skellefteć. There are 4 teams battling for that last 2 spots, and odds aren't good that MODO will make it. They're relying on Kirill Kabanov for scoring.

The question is does Forsberg join Springfield when the season is over? The Falcons seem set in net, but he might as well get a headstart on adjusting to NA and give the CBJ organization a chance to see where he's at in his development up close.

On a sidenote, Buffalo is going to be scary with Linus Ullmark.
I'd bring him over and let him get in some games.

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:54 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

according to Slovak media Dano was released by Slovan Bratislava (out of KHL PO) and is on his way to Springfield Falcons...

NewHopeForEveryone is offline   Reply With Quote