HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu

Old
02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Nice way to back peddle out of that one Puckhead58, first you say that he's a problem and should be traded, then you say that he's a GREAT 2nd line center. I think what you should do is sit down and figure out what it is you want to post, before just jumping in here and sprouting off ****.

Oh and by the way, this great 2nd line center as you call Koivu, did a pretty good job in my opinion being a 1st line center in the first half of the season.
It's these pointless arguments and seperation among Hab fans that made me call for a "Fans Only" meeting. Puckhead should really join our meeting and clear the air

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=343731

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Nice IGNORANT comment!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you're too IGNORANT to think that moving Koivu would even be a possibility or a good idea???? I don't think its that much of a stretch IMO. I'm just thinking that maybe part of the problem is Koivu, since getting rid of Theodore and Ribeiro didn't make much of a change for us.
Using ignorant as a substitute for stupid is a pretty ironic display of ignorance.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:01 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
Using ignorant as a substitute for stupid is a pretty ironic display of ignorance.
I was told that there would be no math.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
It's these pointless arguments and seperation among Hab fans that made me call for a "Fans Only" meeting. Puckhead should really join our meeting and clear the air

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=343731
I agree, he's definitely a WORTHY Habs fan.

02-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
HAHAHA....well I appreciate that! It has been fun hashing out different ideas and possibilities.....your are a very worthy advisary!! lol. I just wish the team could get something figured out so we can start winning again!!

In your opinion, who do you think we could get before the trade deadline that would make a significant improvment to the team, and to play with Koivu??
I think adding Doan or Tkachuk would be a good addition and having either one of them on his wing would help Koivu out of his slump.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Nobak...now I need my dictionary to figure out what you mean

Old
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
baldrick

Quote:
This team is seriously being built for a run at the 100th. Anything in the meantime would be a bonus to Management.
So Kostitsyn and Grabovsky are expected to be the answer in two years as sophomores?
If so, thanks for the hand@@@, .

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
brownman*

How the hell is Koivu supposed to put up 100 pts a year playing with Shayne Corson, Donald Audette, Chad Kilger and Michael Ryder? Give him a PURE sniper and he'd be the "first line center" that people don't think he's capable of being.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
I think adding Doan or Tkachuk would be a good addition and having either one of them on his wing would help Koivu out of his slump.

Nice....I would love to see Doan, I think he would definitely make a difference on the top line.....amagine Doan, Koivu and Tkachuk!!! Personally though, I would prefer Guerin over Tkachuk, simply because Guerin is faster and tougher.....but thats IMO....I would accept Tkachuk too though.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
I think this is the best post I've seen in a long time.

If only I wasn't too dumb to figure out what it meant.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Suiteness

He’s too small and weak to be a bonafide #1 center. He plays really hard but he doesn’t have the physical resources to make it through a whole season playing like that. That’s why he hits a wall every year.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
So Kostitsyn and Grabovsky are expected to be the answer in two years as sophomores?
If so, thanks for the hand@@@, .
We actually do have some good young players playing for the Habs right now Higgins/Pleks/Perez/Komi.....or do you not watch Habs games???

But in 2 yrs I think Kostitsyn and Grabovsky will be 23 and 24 (not sure), but they should have enough experience to help lead this team. Plus we'll still have Koivu, Markov, Fossil Kovalev.

Oh and btw...keep your twisted fantasy's to yourself ok....you're kind of freaking me out.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Nice....I would love to see Doan, I think he would definitely make a difference on the top line.....amagine Doan, Koivu and Tkachuk!!! Personally though, I would prefer Guerin over Tkachuk, simply because Guerin is faster and tougher.....but thats IMO....I would accept Tkachuk too though.

The only reason I was thinking Tkachuk over Guerin is because I would still like to see Kovy playing with Koivu and Tkachuk is a lw.....if not...I would pick Guerin too. So if we got Guerin/Doan...i would put Higgins/Koivu/Doan or Guerin.

If we got Tkachuk..I would put Tkachuk/Koivu/Kovy

Old
02-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
He’s too small and weak to be a bonafide #1 center. He plays really hard but he doesn’t have the physical resources to make it through a whole season playing like that. That’s why he hits a wall every year.
You could say the same thing about Briere...and having more physical resources isn't always the greatest either. Thornton has way more physical resources then Koivu, but come playoff time, he's cooked. I would rather Koivu slump now then in the playoffs.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
How the hell is Koivu supposed to put up 100 pts a year playing with Shayne Corson, Donald Audette, Chad Kilger and Michael Ryder? Give him a PURE sniper and he'd be the "first line center" that people don't think he's capable of being.
Very good post brownman...I don't think Koivu would get 100 pts a year, but playing with better wingers would for sure improve him to atleast a pt a game player.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
baldrick

Quote:
We actually do have some good young players playing for the Habs right now Higgins/Pleks/Perez/Komi.....or do you not watch Habs games???

But in 2 yrs I think Kostitsyn and Grabovsky will be 23 and 24 (not sure), but they should have enough experience to help lead this team. Plus we'll still have Koivu, Markov, Fossil Kovalev.

Oh and btw...keep your twisted fantasy's to yourself ok....you're kind of freaking me out.
I do watch the games and all those players are role players, 2nd and 3rd tier.
Sorry if my crassness offended your delicate sensibilities but my response reflected my current feelings about what the organization has offerred to its faithful, fanatical fans not to mention the current players. Thanks for showing up

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
You could say the same thing about Briere...and having more physical resources isn't always the greatest either. Thornton has way more physical resources then Koivu, but come playoff time, he's cooked. I would rather Koivu slump now then in the playoffs.
They don't play the same type of game. When's the last time you've seen Brière throw a hit? Brière's game is all about speed.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
The only reason I was thinking Tkachuk over Guerin is because I would still like to see Kovy playing with Koivu and Tkachuk is a lw.....if not...I would pick Guerin too. So if we got Guerin/Doan...i would put Higgins/Koivu/Doan or Guerin.

If we got Tkachuk..I would put Tkachuk/Koivu/Kovy
Makes sense. At this stage in the game, I would take anybody if it meant that the team would play better as a whole!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
I do watch the games and all those players are role players, 2nd and 3rd tier.
Sorry if my crassness offended your delicate sensibilities but my response reflected my current feelings about what the organization has offerred to its faithful, fanatical fans not to mention the current players. Thanks for showing up
If you actually took the time to read my original post, you would have seen that I said the team IS being built towards the 100th anniversary. Not that is it built, or that we had all the pieces. In 2 yrs our prospects will develop, (Kosty, Grabs, Chips, Fischer, Price) plus our 2nd year players will have more experience (Pleks, Perez, Higgins, Komi). Plus with the new NHL, there will be a fair amount of good players that we will have access to through free agency.

As for you offending me in anyway *Yawns* I would actually have to give a **** about what you say to be offended

Old
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
They don't play the same type of game. When's the last time you've seen Brière throw a hit? Brière's game is all about speed.

I agree...my point was that Briere always seems to burn out as well. Or he gets injured, so he hasn't proven he has the stamina to play a full year.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Makes sense. At this stage in the game, I would take anybody if it meant that the team would play better as a whole!!!
Absolutely...I actually thought for awhile that we should try to pick up Sean Avery....then I snapped out of it. haha.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
habitue*

Hi everybody !

This is my first post !

Koivu is my favourite player and I am too worrying about his offensive output.
He seems very tired. GM Gainey needs to find somebody to help him. Or other players have to step up and produce., especially Kovalev, Ryder and Higgins.

I would not trade him for sure. And I wish that he will finish his carreer in a Montreal uniform.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canindian View Post
Hi everybody !

This is my first post !

Koivu is my favourite player and I am too worrying about his offensive output.
He seems very tired. GM Gainey needs to find somebody to help him. Or other players have to step up and produce., especially Kovalev, Ryder and Higgins.

I would not trade him for sure. And I wish that he will finish his carreer in a Montreal uniform.
Congrats on your first post Canindian...

Old
02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
habsfan88

Quote:
I like Saku Koivu as a player because he plays with heart and usually turns in a solid effort every game. Well.....lately Koivu has been nowhere to be seen. He hasn't scored in ages, he is not playing good hockey and is not creating scoring chances for his linemates. The team seems to be continuing their downward slide and Koivu is not doing anything to turn it around. IMO....I think the Habs should trade Koivu for a good returning player(s), give the C to Souray, re-sign him and make a run for the playoffs. At least Souray is standing up and saying something to try and rally the troops and he is leading the team by his play on the ice. He is the only player that consistantly gets points.
It just seems that Koivu has too much of an impact on the team, whether it is good or bad. When he came back from cancer, he lead the team in the playoffs, his energy was great and the players thrived from Koivu's momentum. Last year he was playing good and then he got hit in the eye and the team gave up and lost to Carolina as if there was no way on earth to beat them. I don't like the fact that the team is totally dependant on Koivu. It seems that Koivu's way rules and if players don't buy into that, they struggle.
I guess I don't know what the problem is with the team lately, but I do know that some kind of shakeup is in order if we are going to make the playoffs. I am just suggesting a possible shakeup.....flame away if you insist, but I would like you're opinions as well.

LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm not even going to bother replying to this post

habsfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
antidot

Quote:
Here's an example:
ATL:Kozlov/Rucchin/Holik (No first line C there)
BOS:Bergeron/Savard:Both good C, but what are they doing for Boston?
BUF:Briere/Drury:I'll give you these two
CAL:Langkow/Lombardi Who's the #1 C here?
CAR:Staal/Brind'Amour: I'll give you this one too
CHI:Smolinski : Nope no 1st line center here
COL:Sakic : I'll give you this one too
CLB:Fedorov/Brule: Fedorov used to be a 1st, but not anymore, Brule, not yet
DAL:Modano/Lindros: Former 1st line C, but not anymore
DETatsyuk/Zhetterberg: I'll give you this one too
EDM:Horcoff/Stoll:Close, but no #1 C here
FLA:Jokinen: I'd rather have Koivu, but I'll give you this one
LAK:Cammalleri/Armstrong:No 1st line C here
MINemitra/White:Maybe Demitra, but he's just as injury prone as Koivu
NSH:Arnott/Legwand:Arnott maybe, but I'm not sure about him
NJD:Gomez: I'll give you Gomez
NYI:Yashin: Hahaha...no comment
NYR:Nylander/Cullen:None here
OTT:Spezza: I'll give you this one
PHI:Forsberg:If healthy, I'll give you this one.
PHO:Reinprecht/Perrault:No
PIT:Crosby/Malkin: Yes and Yes
STL:Weight/Cajanek: Too old and NO
SJS:Thornton: Yes
TBL:Lacavalier/Richards:Yes and Yes
TOR:Sundin/Wellwood: I can't stand the leafs, so I'm not making a comment.
VAN:Sedin/Morrison:Sedin maybe, but only if he could bring his bro.
WAS:Zubrus: Not a 1st line C

Looking at the other 17 teams, looks like Koivu would have a good chance of being the #1 center on most of them.
Boston ; What Bergeron and Savard are doing ? Look how much points Savard is having ; he 's in the top of the NHL list .And i don' t think that there will be only one DG that would take Koivu before Bergeron .

Chicago ; you didn't name TUOMO RUUTU

Dallas ; Koivu before Modano ?

LAK ; Camarrelli not a first liner ; 57gp 23-32 =55

Edmonton , you forget Sykora ; 56gp 18 -27 =45

Koivu over Demitra ?

David Langwand 54 gp 19 -28 =47

Nylander ; 53gp 18 -42 =60

well , i am sure that Saku would be the first center at least of ST-Louis ,Atlanta and Phoenix ...

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote