HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XX: Let's make it to XXX!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2014, 06:57 PM
  #51
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,629
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
so then does the last 2 years of NHL seasons make them come down then?
No. Those were largely there before he started demanding what he's demanding.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
02-21-2014, 07:00 PM
  #52
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Would really like Smith-Pelly, that guy could develop into a beast. How does Anaheim rank him with Etem and Raekell?
if Raekell Beleskey and Smith-Pelly came back in a trade for Girardi and say someone like Boyle, it would be a solid deal for both teams..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 07:59 PM
  #53
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,281
vCash: 500
Canucks fan here, I got a bit curious to the Richards buyout/Stastny talk. Is it a certainty that Richards will be bought out, despite being 2nd in production for your team? Appreciate any insight there.

Also, I'm reasoning that Stastny supposed to be the replacement for Richards. Is this a remark on Stepan's ultimate upside? I ask because the Canucks board is kicking around the idea of a Kesler trade. Meaning, could the Canucks and Rangers be trade partners here should Stepan+ be available the other way?

If this has already been discussed, my bad. Thx.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 08:15 PM
  #54
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Canucks fan here, I got a bit curious to the Richards buyout/Stastny talk. Is it a certainty that Richards will be bought out, despite being 2nd in production for your team? Appreciate any insight there.

Also, I'm reasoning that Stastny supposed to be the replacement for Richards. Is this a remark on Stepan's ultimate upside? I ask because the Canucks board is kicking around the idea of a Kesler trade. Meaning, could the Canucks and Rangers be trade partners here should Stepan+ be available the other way?

If this has already been discussed, my bad. Thx.
I think it's all but certain that Richards gets bought out due to contract length/cap hit. I'm in the camp that Stastny will be vastly overpaid, and I want no part of it. However, I'd be surprised if the Rangers didn't get involved. I'm down at 6.5 mill for 5 years, but with the recent landscape of the NHL I could see him getting elite front line center money.

As far as a Stepan for Kesler swap, I'd pass. At the moment their point production is similar. Stepan is 23, so controllable for a longer period at a reasonable number. On the other hand, Kesler is 29, which isn't awful, but in 2 years he'll be a UFA. You either have to give him a gigantic deal or let him walk.

I think Kesler is easily the superior player today, but in two years who knows. With the financial nature of the league right now, I'd pass. Again, not criticizing Kesler the player - he's great - but long term I think it's a bad deal for NYR.

Barnaby is online now  
Old
02-21-2014, 08:25 PM
  #55
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Kesler's a great player but when I think of the guy I think of bruises and broken bones. That guy has taken a beating already and is almost 30.

Stepan is going to be here a long time.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 09:22 PM
  #56
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Canucks fan here, I got a bit curious to the Richards buyout/Stastny talk. Is it a certainty that Richards will be bought out, despite being 2nd in production for your team? Appreciate any insight there.

Also, I'm reasoning that Stastny supposed to be the replacement for Richards. Is this a remark on Stepan's ultimate upside? I ask because the Canucks board is kicking around the idea of a Kesler trade. Meaning, could the Canucks and Rangers be trade partners here should Stepan+ be available the other way?

If this has already been discussed, my bad. Thx.
IMOCan we borrow that shop vac again ? No stopping it. Ice to hard to move sone fans overreact and heck I do it sometimes. Stepan is going no where. I'd like Stastny but at the right price but as a ufa he may be too rich. He's had some blah yrs really.

Richards basically has to be bought out w the cap penalty . No chance he doesn't retire before the end if it and taking a cap penalty is bad asset management

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 09:29 PM
  #57
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 540
vCash: 50
I was never sold on stepan. The kid has played with either Nash or gabby majority of his career. I'm sure someone is gonna quote me and prove that he only play 33% of his shifts with gabby etc.

But when Nash goes he goes, I haven't seen him have any game changing bone in his body.

To be honest the kid is such a typical ranger player.

NYR2007 is online now  
Old
02-21-2014, 09:42 PM
  #58
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
I was never sold on stepan. The kid has played with either Nash or gabby majority of his career. I'm sure someone is gonna quote me and prove that he only play 33% of his shifts with gabby etc.

But when Nash goes he goes, I haven't seen him have any game changing bone in his body.

To be honest the kid is such a typical ranger player.
Last year they took Nash off his wing, Nash struggled, he made his line better. I think this year the Kreider-Stepan-Zucc line was much better than the Kreider-Stepan-Nash line.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 11:01 PM
  #59
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Kesler's a great player but when I think of the guy I think of bruises and broken bones. That guy has taken a beating already and is almost 30.

Stepan is going to be here a long time.
Agree.

I wouldn't trade Stepan straight up for Kesler. Kesler is a better player but he scares me long term.

darko is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 11:30 PM
  #60
Todd Harvey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Kesler's an interesting (but unlikely) additon, the guy would be a great add for any playoff-bound team. I remember posting on the 4-5 reasons why it was improbable about a week ago.
But I did want to try once more to mention what was bubbling yesterday and again today, and that was the Rangers may well have a contract in place for Girardi which would be announced coming out of the break.
Anyhow, IBob has it on his twitter, and today I checked with a few friends and one got back saying it does indeed look that way. Who knows till its announced but I've figured it could go down that way for some time; it doesnt look good with the team backing the Brinks truck up to Girardi's house but not the Captain's. But it's something the NYR need to get done.
And it's also one of the reasons why I dont think Cally even comes back to Rangers' practice before a deal is announced. Bartlett today, speaking of activity around the league, nonetheless said he expects things to get 'hot & heavy Monday", which is also logical.
GMs have had all the time in the world to talk during this break. And from the Rangers POV, I dont think they want to take Callys situation down to the 3pm deadline. Think it's better to make a clean break and have a hunch all this was ironed out in Sochi, which is why Bartlett was over there.
Plus, the fundamentals of Cally's situation haven't changed a bit, according to everything that's been reported.
He's still possibly and maybe even likely to get tens of millions more than the Rangers are willing to offer on the open market this summer. So its just one of those things.
and I'd expect a deal involving a conditional pick if he resigns with his new club. From all we've heard, unless Sather has orchestrated something out of left field, I could see a swap involving Cally for Stewart, a conditional pick, and maybe one of the young righty D prospects the Blues have. Pretty fair deal.
But the point I really wanted to make, in light of Zuc's injury and the perception (a very accurate one, IMO) that this team wasnt tough enough, is we could well see a bigger & toughened up right side here in the next few weeks. If Stewart comes in, and Dorsett slots in somewhere on the 3rd line, well, you've at least temporarily replaced the smallest guy on the team (and God Love Zuc, who's pound for pound maybe the toughest guy on the team and has absolutely been our best player) and Cally with Stewart & Dorsett. and just theorizing, but that'd be an interesting look for a few weeks, until Zuc gets back. And who knows, maybe Stewart finds some chemistry with Brassard, and when Zuc gets back its Puliot who gets moved off that line.
Will be interesting to see what happens.


Last edited by Killem Dafoe: 02-22-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Todd Harvey is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 11:41 PM
  #61
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Bronze Medal game is in less than twelve hours and then US Team comes home. Rangers are off Sunday, and Olympian Rangers are off until Tuesday.

Wolfpack have one more game tomorrow and one on Tuesday.

We'll know a lot more about Cally come Tuesday morning.

One thing is for certain, the Tavares situation has entirely changed the market because the way teams deal with the Islanders and Vanek is different. I don't know if Snow is more desperate to unload him now to get assets for the fans, or if teams will low ball him and he has to wait because of this.

Vanek affects Cally, Moulson, and Cammeleri.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
02-21-2014, 11:59 PM
  #62
Todd Harvey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Im not sure how Tavares' injury affects things, if at all.
Snow was going to hold out for all he could get for Vanek before, and still will. And the Isles were essentially out after we beat them at Yankee stadium, and are a total longshot still.
Also wouldnt be first time I was wrong! LOL.
But I see Vanek landing with LA, likely for 3 pieces, a No.1 and two prospects. But who knows, things could really open up here in unexpected ways.

I dont think Vanek really effects the Cally return. They play opposite sides, and Cally is seen as the far grittier of the two (though I think Vanek is a rock and very underrated).
But the main thing is, teams dont have NHL talent to give up heading towards the playoffs, except maybe St Louis and a few others. But the Isles I think must be willing to accept futures on Vanek, just to garner the most asset-wise in return.
That does the Rangers no good, and I think its laughable when Ive seen suggestions the NYR would accept picks/prospects for Cally. They need a player for now if he's dealt. We'll see.
Im still anxious to see what WPG does. I think in many ways they can set the market, but the way theyve played under Maurice they still have a chance (last I looked).
So it's anybody's guess what happens.... but speaking of Hartford, the one thing I'd love to see here if Callahan is moved (and Zuc is out), is for Danny Kristo to finally get a look here, even if it's just 2-3 games.
The Rangers have had good fortune with bringing some of these kids in at or before playoff time, a Kristo is just the kind of kid who could catch fire.
I think he replaces a lot of what Callahan brings offensively almost instantly; it's defensively, if the coaches trust him. And I tend to think that's over-magnified anyway. But while the team has some playoff breathing room and Zuc is out, may not be the worst thing. Kristo's mega-talented and could mesh well with certain guys.


Last edited by Todd Harvey: 02-22-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Todd Harvey is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 12:34 AM
  #63
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Harvey View Post
Im not sure how Tavares' injury affects things, if at all.
Snow was going to hold out for all he could get for Vanek before, and still will. And the Isles were essentially out after we beat them at Yankee stadium, and are a total longshot still.
Also wouldnt be first time I was wrong! LOL.
But I see Vanek landing with LA, likely for 3 pieces, a No.1 and two prospects. But who knows, things could really open up here in unexpected ways.

I dont think Vanek really effects the Cally return. They play opposite sides, and Cally is seen as the far grittier of the two (though I think Vanek is a rock and very underrated).
But the main thing is, teams dont have NHL talent to give up heading towards the playoffs, except maybe St Louis and a few others. But the Isles I think must be willing to accept futures on Vanek, just to garner the most asset-wise in return.
That does the Rangers no good, and I think its laughable when Ive seen suggestions the NYR would accept picks/prospects for Cally. They need a player for now if he's dealt. We'll see.
Im still anxious to see what WPG does. I think in many ways they can set the market, but the way theyve played under Maurice they still have a chance (last I looked).
So it's anybody's guess what happens.... but speaking of Hartford, the one thing I'd love to see here if Callahan is moved (and Zuc is out), is for Danny Kristo to finally get a look here, even if it's just 2-3 games.
The Rangers have had good fortune with bringing some of these kids in at or before playoff time, a Kristo is just the kind of kid who could catch fire.
I think he replaces a lot of what Callahan brings offensively almost instantly; it's defensively, if the coaches trust him. And I tend to think that's over-magnified anyway. But while the team has some playoff breathing room and Zuc is out, may not be the worst thing. Kristo's mega-talented and could mesh well with certain guys.

The thing with Vanek is will Snow hold out until the deadline and beef up the offers, or does he try and do something to keep fans in seats. Tavares out hurts attendance. If he makes a moves and gets youngsters who can play now, it will create some intrigue.

Vanek is the best player on the market so his return can impact what other teams offer for Cally or what Sather demands for Cally.

I've heard Vanek to LA as well. Someone I know with Islanders connections actually nailed the Vanek trade with Buff two weeks before it happen and gave me all the pieces involved. I asked him if they would ask for Nelson or De haan and he said absolutely no way they trade those two. He said two of the three pieces the Islanders are looking for is LAs first, and Derek Forbort. The third is debatable.

Kristo isn't getting called up. He's unfortunately injured now. I don't know how bad. He took an absolute beating a few weeks ago when the Pack were playing the Norfalk Admirals. Heavy hits into the boards. Lower body injury. Nothing serious as far as I know but he's not available.

Rangers have to either go with Dorsett or Carcillo in the lineup simultaneously, callup either Miller or Fast (Miller overall is more ready but he still does some silly things with the puck and has been exclusively a center since his last stint in NY, Fast is safer, has played the point on the PP and is a natural RW but not as strong as Miller) or need to make a move.

We'll see what the roster looks like on Tuesday.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 01:14 AM
  #64
Todd Harvey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
That's right on Danny Kristo. I totally forgot he got banged up.
The Olympics just shut down the Rangers part of my brain LOL.
It's been so weird, the news blackout, the Cally & Girardi situations left up in the air, we were on such a nice roll. And the one thing on Kristo is, it's late in the year for tryouts.
That said, I think a lot of people underestimate the Rangers intent this year; I think they feel they can play with anybody, and with a tweak here or there, they absolutely can. So its pretty exciting.

Things is, this deadline stacks up as unlike any we've seen in some time. Every year we wait for big moves and most dont materialize.
But I've felt all along, the ability now to absorb cap space & salary in deals, and SO many teams stuck in seeming no man's land of being good but not great, with their competive cycles ticking, just really makes me expect the unexpected.
Vanek could land in Minnesota just as well. SJ could go overboard for Callahan, but IDK who they'd part with off their roster. I think Cammaleri becomes the fallback option out west for whomever doesnt land Vanek or Moulson.
I've had a funny feeling something just isnt right with Subban in MTL, or maybe its in Canada in general. That's another team that's shown some signs but needs to strive to get better (not that I think dealing a Norris winner is the way to go LOL). Philly's been chomping at the bit to deal. Leafs too. Pitt & Boston both are going to scoop up somebody good. The Jets have enough talent to deal that they can easily push a borderline team (or two) over the top depending what they decide.
The Isles? At this point, that's just a brutal, horrendous thing to happen to them; I never want to see pros in the Olympics again. Snow needs to look to their long-term interests. But then how long have they been saying that? Ive had friends tell me Im nuts, and they might not be wrong, but Im not 100% Dustin Brown stays a King all that long. He's got a monster deal kicking in and has not at all seemed like a happy camper. His coach might say the same. So it's a very unusual set of circumstances. And as we get virtually no reporting anymore until just before a deal is finalized, I really dont know what to expect.
I am confident Sather will make sensible moves here, and strong ones if he can. And that's more confidence in him than I usually have, to say the least. But he's got chips to play here and overall sits in a very solid position trades-wise.


Last edited by Todd Harvey: 02-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Todd Harvey is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 01:23 AM
  #65
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Harvey View Post
That's right on Danny Kristo. I totally forgot he got banged up.
The Olympics just shut down the Rangers part of my brain LOL.
It's been so weird, the news blackout, the Cally & Girardi situations left up in the air, we were on such a nice roll. And the one thing on Kristo is, it's late in the year for tryouts.
That said, I think a lot of people underestimate the Rangers intent this year; I think they feel they can play with anybody, and with a tweak here or there, they absolutely can. So its pretty exciting.

Things is, this deadline stacks up as unlike any we've seen in some time. Every year we wait for big moves and most dont materialize.
But I've felt all along, the ability now to absorb cap space & salary in deals, and SO many teams stuck in seeming no man's land of being good but not great, with their competive cycles ticking, just really makes me expect the unexpected.
Vanek could land in Minnesota just as well. SJ could go overboard for Callahan, but IDK who they'd part with off their roster. I think Cammaleri becomes the fallback option out west for whomever doesnt land Vanek or Moulson.
I've had a funny feeling something just isnt right with Subban in MTL, or maybe its in Canada in general. That's another team that's shown some signs but needs to strive to get better (not that I think dealing a Norris winner is the way to go LOL). Philly's been chomping at the bit to deal. Leafs too. The Jets have enough talent to deal that they can easily push a borderline team over the top with the right trade. The Isles? At this point, that's just a brutal, horrendous thing to happen to them; I never want to see pros in the Olympics again. Snow needs to look to their long-term interests. But then how long have they been saying that? Ive had friends tell me Im nuts, and they might not be wrong, but Im not 100% Dustin Brown stays a King all that long. He's got a monster deal kicking in and has not at all seemed like a happy camper. His coach might say the same. So it's a very unusual set of circumstances. And as we get virtually no reporting anymore until just before a deal is finalized, I really dont know what to expect.
I am confident Sather will make sensible moves here, and strong ones if he can. And that's more confidence in him than I usually have, to say the least. But he's got chips to play here and overall sits in a very solid position trades-wise.
Funny you mention Dustin Brown. I don't want to officially post anything because it's only rumors but I heard from the same Islander source that the Kings are looking to shake things up and change their lockerroom. Like I said, it's all hearsay and I laughed it off, but we can all expect the unexpected.

For all this hype watch it be a quiet deadline with only Boston picking up a DMan, but you never can tell.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 02:08 AM
  #66
Todd Harvey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Yup. And its expedient to predict limited movement, because that has been the case years past.
It's because of precisely that though, I think there's really been a logjam of teams needing to make moves to finally straighten themselves out and go for it, and that's why I think we've got a busy week ahead.

As for Cally & Brown, I've been over that at length with friends. Like I said, no one believed it;
On the one hand, it's an almost-perfect hockey trade, as the Rangers have IMO desperately needed a righty-shooting LW for their Top 6. And we're actually deepest on RW, or were before Zuc's injury. And Cally's not even in our Top 6 anymore; I consider any line with Richards on it the 3rd unit LOL;

And in my lifetime, its hard to think of two more evenly matched players than those two. Very slight edge in my book to Brown, but it's definitely debatable. But contractually, one guy is entering a long-term deal (at reasonable rates) while the other is not only unsigned but would have to forego what appears a very lucrative free agency.
But I dont doubt Brown could move somewhere.
The bit I saw on him on NHL Network, he has 4 small kids, is captain of a team that still has high aspirations, he's had an off year, got into that collision with Hertl and was taking heat, and his coach is just...... yabbadabbadoo....lets just say maybe not the right coach for him.
But would the Rangers want to take on a guy like that for term rather than a bigger younger guy like Stewart? especially if the plan is to reunite Stewart with Stastny next year? Those guys had near-monster years together, and that'd be some revamped 3rd line. So IDK..


Last edited by Todd Harvey: 02-22-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Todd Harvey is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 04:58 AM
  #67
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,594
vCash: 500
Ryan Kesler has logged a ton of miles on his body. All of the injuries. He is still a good player but his play will stay where it is and then decline. More decline than plateau. You look at Dustin Brown. LA wanted to trade him at the 2012 deadline but they didn't. Then LA won the Cup. Lombardi wanted to make Mike Richards the captain but the Cup changed that plan. Lombardi gave him 8 years and $47M last summer. Brown has struggled. LA better hope its just a down year for Brown. Pacioretty replaced him on the Backes-Callahan line. The Rangers are taking the right stance with Callahan. 5 years. McGuire was comparing Callahan to Drury yesterday. Wonderful. Drury was done at 33. All of the injuries ended his career. Even with 5 years,what will Callahan look like in 5 years? The roster freeze ends tomorrow night and then its 9 days until the deadline.

Girardi hasn't spoken to the media in the last 2 days, Unavailable for comment. He doesn't want to discuss the contract.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 09:04 AM
  #68
Lindberg Cheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Canucks fan here, I got a bit curious to the Richards buyout/Stastny talk. Is it a certainty that Richards will be bought out, despite being 2nd in production for your team? Appreciate any insight there.

Also, I'm reasoning that Stastny supposed to be the replacement for Richards. Is this a remark on Stepan's ultimate upside? I ask because the Canucks board is kicking around the idea of a Kesler trade. Meaning, could the Canucks and Rangers be trade partners here should Stepan+ be available the other way?

If this has already been discussed, my bad. Thx.
Good timing, Cally for Kesler. We'll throw in a sweetener and Torts gets his bromance back.

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 09:17 AM
  #69
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,086
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I think it's all but certain that Richards gets bought out due to contract length/cap hit. I'm in the camp that Stastny will be vastly overpaid, and I want no part of it. However, I'd be surprised if the Rangers didn't get involved. I'm down at 6.5 mill for 5 years, but with the recent landscape of the NHL I could see him getting elite front line center money.

As far as a Stepan for Kesler swap, I'd pass. At the moment their point production is similar. Stepan is 23, so controllable for a longer period at a reasonable number. On the other hand, Kesler is 29, which isn't awful, but in 2 years he'll be a UFA. You either have to give him a gigantic deal or let him walk.

I think Kesler is easily the superior player today, but in two years who knows. With the financial nature of the league right now, I'd pass. Again, not criticizing Kesler the player - he's great - but long term I think it's a bad deal for NYR.
Stastny is making 6.6 now. There's no reason to think that he's going to take a pay cut of any sort to sign anywhere.

Additionally, elite front line centers are getting contracts that start with an 8 not 7. Stastny will not an 8 to start his annual salary.

Finally, If Richards was a 28 year old player making 6.66 per producing the numbers he is producing now, I would have no issues keeping him for the next 6-7 years.

Stastny being a better player today, will and should get more in terms of annual dollars than Richards. He's a more competent and reliable player in defensive zone.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 09:23 AM
  #70
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
i have a feeling we will see Sather trade another pick.. im calling 2ed in 2014 to Canes for Ruutu...

i just hope he does not trade for Hemsky.. just a feeling im having

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 09:51 AM
  #71
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 50
Too few good pivots available, the price will be obscene. NYR are better off looking to add a 3rd line center, going Stepan and Brassard for the top 2 and finding a top scoring winger.

For all those advocating signing Jagr on a one year deal... I think Jagr or Heatley would be willing to accept one year deals. Heatley is in a sort of Frolov situation where he must prove himself on a one year or else head to another league/retire.

Cap is rising big time, UFA prices will be at a premium. Unless they get the right deal, I think NYR would do best to be bargain bin hunters this offseason.

One year from this offseason, free agents include (not updated)

Krejci
Kane
Toews
Dubinsky
Bobby Ryan
Spezza
St. Louis

A lot of them will be re-signed but you get the idea. Who knows what Stamkos might demand if he (I think shrewdly) tests the market a few years from now.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 10:21 AM
  #72
Mint
Registered User
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,714
vCash: 50
No choice but to lean on Callahan with Zuccarello's injury. The perfect rental winger.

Mint is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 10:32 AM
  #73
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
No choice but to lean on Callahan with Zuccarello's injury. The perfect rental winger.
Please tell me you're joking. If we let Callahan walk for nothing, I'm going to have a stroke. Let some other team cringe every time he blocks a shot.

Revelation is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 10:52 AM
  #74
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Please tell me you're joking. If we let Callahan walk for nothing, I'm going to have a stroke. Let some other team cringe every time he blocks a shot.
Agreed. Letting him walk for nothing would be absolutely awful. If he's not traded, i assume he'll be resigned though, which would be an even bigger mistake.

AHB is offline  
Old
02-22-2014, 10:52 AM
  #75
Nightshift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
I don't think Callahan did much to justify his demands the last couple weeks. I think he is getting some downright awful advice from his agent or all the Captain Cally and leadership committee BS has truly gone to his head.

Nightshift is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.