HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Old
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Anaheim don't want to give up their 2 first round pick, because they gave 1 or 2 for Pronger.... So why Gainey don't take de risk to upgrade is roster!

Anyway, the habs need a change(not in the coaching staff)

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
If we give Higgins or Komisarek for Forsberg I'm officially done cheering for Montreal. This much I know.
Gainey doesnt wanna trade ryder..he sure as hell wont trad higgins or komisarek

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
felixd

I think if we offered Perezhogin + Emelin + 1st + Conditional 1st if Forsberg re-signs they would seriously consider it. I'd probably do that trade too.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 05:05 PM
maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
If we give Higgins or Komisarek for Forsberg I'm officially done cheering for Montreal. This much I know.
i second that

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I think if we offered Perezhogin + Emelin + 1st + Conditional 1st if Forsberg re-signs they would seriously consider it. I'd probably do that trade too.
It's a matter of how they feel about Emelin, but I'd probably do that trade, too. Fischer < Emelin IMO, but really neither are great prospects. I'm not sure that Perezhogin, Emelin and a 1st would be a better offer than what some other team is willing to part with.

Then again, Ryder, Emelin and a 1st is too much for my liking.

Really, giving up a 1st round pick this year (when the draft is so deep) is a terrible idea since we have an outside shot at making a run, really nothing more. I'd offer them a 2,3,4 instead, but that won't get it done.

02-12-2007, 05:52 PM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
am i alone to think that Forsberg , as much as i would like to see him in the CH jersey , doesn't bring what it would cost to get him ?

common ! even if he's good , do you seriously think that he will make us contender ? So why give up Perez, Emelin and a first just for a 2 months rental player ? That doesn't make any sens . The Leafs have done this in the past , as well as NY and Philadelphia . And what did they win ?

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 05:59 PM
bjac

Forsberg is one of my favorite players. With that said, he isn't worth it. Ryder + 1st is overpayment especially since the habs can't afford to resign Forsberg... The Habs aren't good enough this year to be giving away assets for rentals.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
am i alone to think that Forsberg , as much as i would like to see him in the CH jersey , doesn't bring what it would cost to get him ?

common ! even if he's good , do you seriously think that he will make us contender ? So why give up Perez, Emelin and a first just for a 2 months rental player ? That doesn't make any sens . The Leafs have done this in the past , as well as NY and Philadelphia . And what did they win ?
Meh I'm a gambler. The only thing that hurts for me giving up in that deal is Emelin. If you've been reading my posts, you know how I feel about Perezhogin and the draft is a crapshoot, plus I don't think we'd re-sign him anyway(but it would be fun). That would be a gamble I'd take right now.

You're right, we're not a cup contender, but if anyone can put us over the top in the playoffs, Forsberg is it, and I'm ready to take that gamble.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm glad Philadelphia is asking too much, that means we can't get him and the rumours can go to rest. He wasn't worth what we originally thought and he's defintiely not worth what they are asking now.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Emelin is one of the best defencemen in the RSL. Why the hell would we trade him, especially when he's so close to being a part of our line-up on a position we are weak in?

Let's stop this foolishness, No Foppa in Montreal, please!

Old
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
onemorecup*

unbelievable

I just caught Bob MacKenzie on the TSN wings game, have you heard some of these insane trade rumours for Forsberg. RADULOV, plus possibly multiple first picks , or a combo of picks , plus a top prospect from other teams . *** who knows Souray might fetch us the MOON , especially if we aren`t close to a number with him.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
KadrüH

Yeah I saw that. This is ridiculous.
Something like Perezhogin + two 1st pick for Forbserg?
Neverrrr

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Finally you realize that we won't be getting Forsberg. About time.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Thank god, the worrying can stop.

Old
02-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Quiet Robert

Is the Forsberg thread really that hard to find? Should it be stickied?

It's good that people are excited about the rumors but man o man, there's a big thread for this very discussion. We don't need 4 Forsberg threads popping up everytime some blogger or journalist mentions Foppa.

/end rant.

haha, our mods kick ass.

Before my raving is even done, the therad gets moved.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
According to Anaheim's GM, Phili ask from him for Forsberg TWO 1st round picks + a young player already on their roster (my guess is Perry or Getzlaf).
I don't think Perry and Getzlaf are going anywhere, the player/prospect is Bobby Ryan a kid Philly wanted in the draft two years ago because he is a family friend of Bobby Clarke and is a big power forward type to play with Carter.

Two 1st rounders and a 1st rounder in Ryan way too much for a injury prone UFA.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:14 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
I just caught Bob MacKenzie on the TSN wings game, have you heard some of these insane trade rumours for Forsberg. RADULOV, plus possibly multiple first picks , or a combo of picks , plus a top prospect from other teams .
I'll be quite shocked if there is a team willing to pay *that* much for Forsberg, who is still an injury risk.

The Flyers might be asking for the moon ATM, doesn't mean they will get it.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Stradale

Im watching the Flyers/Wings game, man hes good. I hope Gainey is really considering to get him. I wouldnt mind to re-sign him next year and sacrifice Souray. He can help us enough even if he play 60 games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Im watching the Flyers/Wings game, man hes good. I hope Gainey is really considering to get him. I wouldnt mind to re-sign him next year and sacrifice Souray. He can help us enough even if he play 60 games.
Perezhogin and two 1st round picks? Pass.. You never know who we might want in the next two drafts, who could help us for a more prolonged length of time than Forsberg.

Old
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
next year he re-sign with Philly or go back in Sweden

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
shimy1221*

i was jus watching forsberg play against detroit...and he just made a sweet fuc***g pass to gagne and gagne scored...(forsberg also scored earlier)...my point is HE IS THE REAL DEAL....COMMON GAINEY ...BYE BYE TO PRICE AND CHIPCHURA..and dont think of forsberg as a rental...if he does good with us, he can always resign with us (given that we get rid of some players)..

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:40 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_floyd_floyd View Post
i was jus watching forsberg play against detroit...and he just made a sweet fuc***g pass to gagne and gagne scored...(forsberg also scored earlier)...my point is HE IS THE REAL DEAL....COMMON GAINEY ...BYE BYE TO PRICE AND CHIPCHURA..and dont think of forsberg as a rental...if he does good with us, he can always resign with us (given that we get rid of some players)..
No, not Price. But I would be willing to give Halak + Perezhogin + 1st pick.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I think some people here need to realize that they have delusions of grandeur. Forsberg does not make us a Cup favorite. In my opinion, it still doesn't even put us in the top 6 Cup favorites.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
shimy1221*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canindian View Post
No, not Price. But I would be willing to give Halak + Perezhogin + 1st pick.
no way..halak has already proved himself in the AHL....id rather keep him over price

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I think some people here need to realize that they have delusions of grandeur. Forsberg does not make us a Cup favorite. In my opinion, it still doesn't even put us in the top 6 Cup favorites.
and who was the Cup's favorites the previous year, did they win it? With Forsberg in the line-up, we are a much better team, i dont care if we a the cup favorites or not, i want to be sure that we make the playoff and everything can happen in the playoff.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote