HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RANGERS Trade Hall for Dupuis

Old
02-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Noonan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
So with Brashear on Washington's roster and the game Orr had, he'll probably play again. Does someone sit for Dupuis? Cause the only one it could be would be Hollweg (also with the big game) or Prucha. Tough call.
Prucha is the better player than Hollweg... He could have scored 3 goals last night... Prucha is better so he plays

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:33 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

My one and only complaint....Hall had settled into a ice role as a 4th liner and healthy scratch...so unless Dupuis is being brought here to do that....I don't understand the trade

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:37 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
Minnesota rotates their captain every month, so almost everyone gets the C at some point in the season.
I agree with ShakeyWalton that DuPoop was never captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Its a wonderful trade actually.

There was no need for Hall since he is just way too slow for the new NHL. We also no longer need Hall for toughness since we added Avery to Hollweg and Orr.

What Dupuis brings is not only more speed, but more skill! He did score 20 goals once and I see him having a strong impact on the 3rd and 4th lines...similar to what Avery is doing now!

Great move!
Yes, The Unibrow will bring some speed to the Rangers and may be one of the fastest players you have now (he was fifth fastest behind Walz, Veilleux, Gaborik and Burns). He will hit, too. However, he's 5'10" 175 lbs. and its like getting hit head-on by a flea ... sure ... its a bodycheck I guess ...

The one thing he will bring is PK ability. He featured regularly on our PK.

And when presented with a scoring opportunity, he melts the aluminum shaft of his stick he grips it so hard. He's never been the same since his holdout to begin the 03/04 season.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:24 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
With the addition of another LW, I wonder if the Rangers are willing to move Prucha in the right deal? There are some whispers that they are talking to Florida about Horton. Montoya and Prucha for Horton, with Horton sliding into 2nd line center between Avery and Shanny on the 2nd line, perhaps?
I think this is very possible, but not during the regular season.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Shakeywalton

Well, game one is in. Not sure how Dupuis fared, but Adam Hall looked very impressive. Crashing the net, hitting bodies all over the ice.... and chipping in with a 1st period assist.

Any comments on how Dupuis looked?

Shakeywalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeywalton View Post
Well, game one is in. Not sure how Dupuis fared, but Adam Hall looked very impressive. Crashing the net, hitting bodies all over the ice.... and chipping in with a 1st period assist.

He didn't play.

02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

The story on the infamous practice incident

From newsday.com:

Quote:
"We came back from the road from a seven-day road trip and I was sick on the road, getting IVs before the games and stuff. I lost seven pounds on the trip," said Dupuis, 27. "We flew in at night and played home the next day [Dec. 19], and 10 minutes into the morning skate, Jacques [Lemaire, the coach] said, 'The guys that's had enough right now, you can take off, or just stay and we'll have a good practice and leave at the end.' So I was sick and figured I'd keep my energy for that night, so I left. Obviously, the media didn't take it like that. But it was no big deal in the room. Jacques didn't mention anything about that. Three guys left: me, Wes Walz and Brian Rolston."

Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
^Yeah, I read that quote in today's Newsday. Just a little bit different from what we were lead to believe.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
TomLaidlaw

Does Dupuis keep sitting on Thurs or does he get dressed. Renney seems reluctant to alter the lineup in anyway when we are in the middle of a streak. What does everyone think? Does Orr get scratched for Dupuis this Thurs?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Does Dupuis keep sitting on Thurs or does he get dressed. Renney seems reluctant to alter the lineup in anyway when we are in the middle of a streak. What does everyone think? Does Orr get scratched for Dupuis this Thurs?
I would guess that he will play.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would guess that he will play.
I think he will as well. Its a shame though because I think if there was ever a point where Colton Orr has earned a chance to keep playing its been after the last 2 games. Is it a coincidence that Orr has improved his overall play with the addition of the "Tough Guy" goatee?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeywalton View Post

Thats exactly the player Hall was before he came to the Rangers. Can't explain why he didn't work out in NY

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:59 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Thats exactly the player Hall was before he came to the Rangers. Can't explain why he didn't work out in NY
yeah, he seemed to be a very meek player in NY.. not using his size or "talent" at all..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Edge

Hall has always been inconsistent, this year it was worse.

Even in his best year's he'd only sometimes use his size or talent, the difference this year was that he used it even less.

It's not that he wasn't the same player he was in Nashville (he really was), he was just even more inconsistent. And considering the expectations where that maybe he'd improve his consistency and thus be a little better, that really magnified it.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote