HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXI: Boomer is running this board.

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2014, 11:39 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
BTW, to those people that are having conniption over the prospect of MSL joining this team. Seems like some Rangers fans wouldn't be happy until the team is made of home grown 22 year olds. What great prospect or pick will be get for Callahan? Seriously, you guys realize both are crap shoots, right?

Old
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I don't get it. Why doesn't Boomer just come out and what the rumored deal is? Boomer has a good track record. Is he not allowed to break this trade?
I think he might have mentioned last night that he's not even sure the players involved have been informed. Plus, his source might have told him not to - and Boomer can't lose that.

Makes sense to me why he wouldn't just come out and say it.

Old
Mikos87

My gut tells me it's MSL... I've never dealt with Them personally, but a certain Ranger player, one that would be reuniting with MSL, and Boomer are part of the country club circuit in the local areas in NY. They definitely have golfed on the same courses, can't say they know each other, but according to my professional contacts, they run in that same circle.

Both Boomer, and the Ranger player are highly respected. I'd surmise that was Boomers contact, and that Ranger who would know about the Klein deal since he car pooled with Del Zotto.

MSL probably wants to be closer to his family so they can watch him play as his career winds down. My guess is that he didn't want to raise his kids around Tampa, and I certainly can't blame him for that.

Old
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Not sure why people aren't seeing it already. Initially (last night) I was thinking Simmonds.. But after putting a couple of days of crumbs together it's fairly obvious, to me anyway...

Boomer drops his first, and most telling clue.. "Marty, Marty, Marty.. Only in a good way"..

Final game of the Olympics, " Whew, players involved in trade made it through healthy". Considering the players on the ice this morning, combined with the initial breadcrumb.. Hmmm..

Reuniting Peaches & Herb.. Narrows it down even further.. These players have played together before.

Also, not once has Boomer said no to MSL, he doesn't seem to have issues ruling every other guy off the list when asked..

For those wondering why Tampa would make such a trade... Possible player has a NTC and wants out, also has a really short list of possible destinations...Front office respects said player enough to get a deal done without a lot of drama surrounding the situation..

Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Did Boomer mention young player somewhere?
Not anywhere that I've seen quoted. Someone last night posted that he said the player was under 30, and everyone ran with that for a little while, but then people started shooting it down and saying he never said that.

I haven't seen anything about age among his actual tweets that have been quoted on this board, nor can I find it in his tweet stream (then again twitter search is notoriously unreliable).

Old
02-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Net Front Presence View Post
No. That question on the chart is very unclear. He asked someone when they became a fan and they responded 2004. Then he said that he doesn't think they will be happy.
Yeah. Sorry.

Made it a bit more clear

02-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Kovacic

vCash: 1900
I'd guess Alfredsson then.

He would be a good fit.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:41 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I don't get it. Why doesn't Boomer just come out and what the rumored deal is? Is he not allowed to break the trade?
Flat out spilling the trade before it's actually allowed to happen wouldn't make his source too happy I'm sure. There's been cases before where a trade got leaked and it caused it to fall through.

02-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

The way I see it, it was someone who played in the final today

That leaves like half of team Sweden and MSL

Old
02-23-2014, 11:42 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
Someone told me the first one just refers to the idea that newer Rangers fans might be less willing to trade popular players than fans who have been through a bit more. It sounds weird (especially considering the rumored return) but I'd imagine that outside of HF and the blogs fans want him to stay a lot more. I don't think anyone who would hack an account to drop a fake hockey rumor would do anything more subtle than just saying it.

Martin Erat would be the funniest possible booby prize.
I definitely thought about that BUT who knows? I know getting a bunch of people riled up and trying to guess and answering a lot of questions and getting attention, seems like a lot more fun to me than making up a fake trade. People that do these things really seek attention, if it's a hacker he's getting way more attention this way than if he just said MSL for Callahan and a 1st.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:43 AM
DM23BK30

@BuffNewsVogl

Steve Ott: No contract talks with Sabres, wants to stay but knows situation *******/1emSanW

Old
02-23-2014, 11:43 AM
AHB*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, to those people that are having conniption over the prospect of MSL joining this team. Seems like some Rangers fans wouldn't be happy until the team is made of home grown 22 year olds. What great prospect or pick will be get for Callahan? Seriously, you guys realize both are crap shoots, right?
There's a huge difference between a 22 year old and a guy on his last legs. St. Louis is pushing 40. This isn't a long-term move it's a short-term one.

Do people really believe he is the piece to put us up there with Boston and Pitt? I don't. Are issue this year hasn't been scoring, it's been compete level and physicality, if anything.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Kovacic

Would you trade a 2014 First Rounder and Callahan for MSL?

Old
02-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

MSL makes no sense from a tampa POV, unless we are completely gutting our future. even then tampa is in a good spot right now and trading their best player doesnt seem like a good idea. if they were at the bottom of the conference it would make a little more sense.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
I wouldn't

That's essentially two 1st round picks

I would think it's only a 1st going back if Callahan doesn't re-sign (so, not from this year)

Old
Kovacic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
There's a huge difference between a 22 year old and a guy on his last legs. St. Louis is pushing 40. This isn't a long-term move it's a short-term one.

Do people really believe he is the piece to put us up there with Boston and Pitt? I don't. Are issue this year hasn't been scoring, it's been compete level and physicality, if anything.
Why isn't he the piece lol?

He is one of the best players in the NHL and probably the best winger in the NHL. He won the Art Ross last yr FFS. It's time to grow into those big boy pants, the Rangers can compete with the Penguins and Bruins and acquiring MSL will help with that. I would definitely like the team's chances this year with MSL on the roster.

Old
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
I really hope Sather doesn't trade his first rounder for the second straight year, especially with the amount of talent in this draft

Old
02-23-2014, 11:47 AM
RiffyNYR61

Sorry if this is an obvious question... but has it even been confirmed that Callahan would be the player from NYR on the move?

Old
02-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Nightshift

MSL is a beast even at 38. Carried TB all season with Stamkos out. He is not your ordinary aging superstar.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Only if he was signed at that hit for a couple more seasons. Not with just this year plus next.

Old
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
trading picks is not the answer. Rangers need to add to the prospect depth, not take away from it.. they need to draft their own scoring forward. all of the great teams have them. no way id trade a 1st for a year or 2 of St.Louis

Old
Srs Business
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
Unless Sather thinks we can win the cup in the next two years, I don't see MSL being of much help to us.

Old
02-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Reuniting Peaches & Herb.. Narrows it down even further.. These players have played together before. .
Maybe Loui Eriksson?

Old
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Unless Sather thinks we can win the cup in the next two years, I don't see MSL being of much help to us.
Therein lies the problem

Old
I Am Classless

Quote:
It's kind of a "Knicks" trade but I wouldn't think twice, people really overrate the average return of a late first round pick

Closed Thread