HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Overworking Emery

Old
02-12-2007, 09:58 AM
jamiebez

vCash: 500
Look at it this way - if Murray plays Gerber vs. Florida on Tuesday, then Emery gets a full week off.

We have 25 games left this season. I see Gerber probably getting another 4-5 starts for the rest of the year, based on the current pace. Probably 2 this month and 2-3 in March. I don't have a problem with a backup who plays 25 games a season.

I do have a problem with a backup who plays 25 games a season and makes $3.7M, but that's for another thread.

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
What is worrisome is the potential for other teams to scout Emery's weakness - his temper. If teams learn to keep crashing his net, then they may learn that they can get Emery off his game or worse... .
Off his game? Hardly. Ray was great before that little punk ran him, and he was great after. Meanwhile, after the little "incident," not one Hab came within 10 feet of him, and Lapierre disappeared completely. He did nothing from then on.

Last edited by Jorge Garcia: 02-12-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Garcia View Post
Off his game? Hardly. Ray was great before that little punk ran him, and he was great after. Meanwhile, after the little "incident," not one Hab came within 10 feet of him, and Lapierre diappeared completely. He did nothing from then on.
I agree. I posted this on the Habs board.

If you ask me, that is the best game Razor has ever played. He thrives on that type of stuff. It gets him going.

I can't understand seeing it as a weakness for him. It's ludicrous in my opinion.

It's bad if he takes too many penalties and acts stupid, but the guy does it once since he's started in the NHL , and we have worry warts on are hands.

Chillllaxx brother's and sisters... Razor's got it under control

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Being suspended for the next 3 games will give Emery ample rest.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:18 PM
senility

Problem solved.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
freakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by senility View Post
Problem solved.
yay

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
that's some crazy voodoo ****....

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Garcia View Post
Off his game? Hardly. Ray was great before that little punk ran him, and he was great after. Meanwhile, after the little "incident," not one Hab came within 10 feet of him, and Lapierre disappeared completely. He did nothing from then on.
Yes, Emery is great... and with a 3 game suspension. If I was another team, i would definately want to get under Emery's skin again. Three games for a potential 2 minute penalty,... definately worthwile.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Brembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by senility View Post
Problem solved.

Brembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Brandi

Quote:
Three games for a potential 2 minute penalty,... definately worthwile.
That makes no sense... no sense to me at all

You are underestimating Emery , in a big way

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Pangu

Quote:
Yes, Emery is great... and with a 3 game suspension. If I was another team, i would definately want to get under Emery's skin again. Three games for a potential 2 minute penalty,... definately worthwile.
How does a three game suspension help the Habs? They probably won't catch Ottawa. They don't play Ottawa in the next three games, but other teams in our conferance do. And the Sens will likely be pissed off for their next matchup (or at least I always played better against teams that I was suspended against).

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002 View Post
How does a three game suspension help the Habs? They probably won't catch Ottawa. They don't play Ottawa in the next three games, but other teams in our conferance do. And the Sens will likely be pissed off for their next matchup (or at least I always played better against teams that I was suspended against).
Time will tell. If we lose the next three matches, then it obviously gives the Habs a chance to catch us in the playoff race. Nevertheless, even if we do, there are more games to play in the season. All im saying is that Emery needs to learn to keep his cool a bit better. He is a great fiesty goaltender and i love that aspect about his game. However, over the course of a seven game series in the playoffs,...

Emery is GOING to get run and pushed around in his own crease. It's part of the game. He needs to learn how to send a message without using his stick. Can you imagine if the same situation (3 game suspension) happened in Game 2 of a seven-best series against Montreal? That could be disasterous. Hopefully, this problem has been nipped at the bud right now.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote