HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg(again, rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
Where would forsberg fit into the lineup if he were to end up here? I assume the 1st Line-A Kariya-Legwand-Erat line is set and Arnott being our 1st line-B center would this mean that forsberg would be centering Hartnell and Radulov or would he play wing with Arnott and Sullivan?
Legwand could easily slot into the third with Hartnell and Radulov. Line numbers mean very little to us, on any given night, the "first" line could be any one of the three.

Old
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
Where would forsberg fit into the lineup if he were to end up here? I assume the 1st Line-A Kariya-Legwand-Erat line is set and Arnott being our 1st line-B center would this mean that forsberg would be centering Hartnell and Radulov or would he play wing with Arnott and Sullivan?
I'd drop him in the middle of Radulov and Hartnell on ES. He wouldn't have to carry the load offensively and we could work from there. His playmaking skills are legendary. Could you imagine either Raddy or Hartnell with a playmaking center? And as nmk said, I wouldn't get too worried about him being a third liner on this team. All three lines could be first lines. Obviously, he'd be on the first team PP, though he might see some wing time there.

Old
02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

I can just see Sullivan and Kariya trying to teach him the cross-crease pass.

"Eh, yeah guys..that's pretty good..but.."

"Look, n00b, maybe you did it a different way in Colorado, but we have this play, and we happen to like it..."

Old
02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I can just see Sullivan and Kariya trying to teach him the cross-crease pass.

"Eh, yeah guys..that's pretty good..but.."

"Look, n00b, maybe you did it a different way in Colorado, but we have this play, and we happen to like it..."
Peter played with Kariya in Colorado for a season and I think they played a little together. Kariya had a disasterous season that year so I'm not sure if they're the best fit together or what exactly Colorado tried that season. That's maybe something to keep in mind when thinking about how Nashville's roster would look with Forsberg aboard.

Old
02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
Peter played with Kariya in Colorado for a season and I think they played a little together. Kariya had a disasterous season that year so I'm not sure if they're the best fit together or what exactly Colorado tried that season. That's maybe something to keep in mind when thinking about how Nashville's roster would look with Forsberg aboard.
Kariya and Selanne both bombed because they were on the third line, and at times even had Konowalchuk centering them(in the playoffs)

Kariya has rebounded quite nicely since, as has Selanne.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
F'berg with a goal and assist tonight against the Wings...he's already helping us out

Old
02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I'd drop him in the middle of Radulov and Hartnell on ES. He wouldn't have to carry the load offensively and we could work from there. His playmaking skills are legendary. Could you imagine either Raddy or Hartnell with a playmaking center? And as nmk said, I wouldn't get too worried about him being a third liner on this team. All three lines could be first lines. Obviously, he'd be on the first team PP, though he might see some wing time there.

Absolutely. Why mess with two good existing lines when there are two potential first liners begging for a new center to go crazy with? This line could be dynamite and it takes some of the pressure off of him. In fact, I think Nashville might be attractive to him in part for that very reason.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Kariya and Selanne both bombed because they were on the third line, and at times even had Konowalchuk centering them(in the playoffs)

Kariya has rebounded quite nicely since, as has Selanne.
Well that's not exactly right. The Avs tried quite a few different combinations throughout that season that saw both Forsberg and Sakic centering those two at times. Forsberg, Sakic, and Kariya also spent time playing together on the PP. The point is that they played some together and didn't have all the success in the world, but that isn't to say they wouldn't succeed in a completely different enviroment. I agree that both Kariya and Selanne have rebounded very nicely, especially Selanne who appeared just about finished.

Old
02-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Thundermare

eard on Info 800 and CHOI-FM this morning (2 Quebec city radio station) that Phily would ask for Radulov and a 1rst for Forsberg

Now That would be plain stupid... but how about offering a lesser prospect and a 1rst sound? What are they smoking in Phily?

Something like Klein and a 1rst would definetly be a price I'd pay for Forsberg... but woyuld that be enough? I doubt

Upshall and a 1rst... but would that be wise? Upshall value is at an historical low, and in the long run is value can only go up... personnaly I'd do it ... but how about you?

Maybe Franson or Parent and a 1rst, I'd hate that as well but Foppa won't come cheap that's for sure

Old
02-13-2007, 08:02 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
eard on Info 800 and CHOI-FM this morning (2 Quebec city radio station) that Phily would ask for Radulov and a 1rst for Forsberg

Now That would be plain stupid... but how about offering a lesser prospect and a 1rst sound? What are they smoking in Phily?

Something like Klein and a 1rst would definetly be a price I'd pay for Forsberg... but woyuld that be enough? I doubt

Upshall and a 1rst... but would that be wise? Upshall value is at an historical low, and in the long run is value can only go up... personnaly I'd do it ... but how about you?

Maybe Franson or Parent and a 1rst, I'd hate that as well but Foppa won't come cheap that's for sure

I don't see Upshall having too much value to the Flyers. We already have a number of similar type players: Umberger, Downie, Richards, Potulny, etc.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:05 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

if the latest rumors are true that the flyers are balking at parent and asking for Radulov, I'd rather we just backed out. I really want Forsberg here, but not at that price.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:06 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
I don't see Upshall having too much value to the Flyers. We already have a number of similar type players: Umberger, Downie, Richards, Potulny, etc.
conversly, we have no one else on our squad in the likes of Radulov, so we cant part with him.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
conversly, we have no one else on our squad in the likes of Radulov, so we cant part with him.
You don't have anyone like Forsberg either.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
touche.

this will all come down to Poile's belief in winning the Cup this year or not.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:17 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
...and then, after the season, the Preds may not have anyone like Forsberg and Radulov.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralPred View Post
...and then, after the season, the Preds may not have anyone like Forsberg and Radulov.
... but they might have a parade.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Thundermare

the key word here is "might"

Radulov is the kind of player you don't let go for a rental player. I might be biased, for he's my favorite NHLer and the reason why I took interest in the Preds at first... but I really can't see him go for a pending UFA.

If they ask for Bourdon from Vancouver then they overcharge for Nashville by asking for Radu.

Franson then should be a good fit, since he's the closest to Bourdon the Preds have

Old
02-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
I'm sorry, don't want to start a debate on french radio on the Nashville board, but how in the world CHOI a serious radio when talking about sport? They have no hockey insider?? If for you, Dan Pou, is a credible sport source, u might have to reconsider your stuff.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify View Post
I'm sorry, don't want to start a debate on french radio on the Nashville board, but how in the world CHOI a serious radio when talking about sport? They have no hockey insider?? If for you, Dan Pou, is a credible sport source, u might have to reconsider your stuff.

LOL yep touche...

But since I eard it through two different radio station I tought it was good enougfh to be presented as a rumor... since rumors are after all, just rumors that is worth enough for discussing the idea of what would be good enough and what would be overpaying

okay then let's have the same discussion based on this one instead:
PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER: Tim Panaccio reports Anaheim, Detroit and Nashville are the three teams rumored to be on Peter Forsberg's "wish list" should he be moved at the trade deadline. Panaccio believes the Flyers would ask for Alexander Radulov from the Preds, or Bobby Ryan from the Ducks. He also writes league sources claim the Predators are preparing to get Forsberg.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Jarnberg

Judging by Philadelphia's wants in the trade, I'm less in favor of making this deal.

The only problem is, who else can we get to anchor our third line? Nichol and Fiddler are NOT the answer.

Old
02-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Judging by Philadelphia's wants in the trade, I'm less in favor of making this deal.

The only problem is, who else can we get to anchor our third line? Nichol and Fiddler are NOT the answer.
I dont like the way Philadelphia is leveraging people against each other. I know its the nature of the beast but if what I heard Darren Dreger say is true (Spreading rumours of proposed deals) to raise the price for Forsberg I just think its shady

What does that leave? Tkachuk, as a rental
maybe trade for Smolinski or Horton?

Old
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraserburn View Post
What does that leave? Tkachuk, as a rental
maybe trade for Smolinski or Horton?
Tkachuk doesn't answer our third line center woes. I don't think Smolinski still has it and Horton would take too much off of our current roster.

But you're right, our options are few and far between.

Old
02-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Fraserburn

Send a message via MSN to Fraserburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Tkachuk doesn't answer our third line center woes. I don't think Smolinski still has it and Horton would take too much off of our current roster.

But you're right, our options are few and far between.
You're right Smolinksi is declining, but he's still on pace for 48 points and that seems like decent production from a 3rd liner

Year GP G A Pts +/- PIM Shots
Year to date: 2006-07 56 12 21 33 +10 25
On Pace: 82 18 31 48 +15 37 164

Scouting Report

Assets Is a nifty playmaker. Has excellent two-way ability and face-off skills. Knows where to be at all times. Adds versatility to any lineup.

Flaws Can go long stretches without scoring a goal. Doesn't use his body to win battles enough. Is declining in terms of production.
Career potential Two-way forward.

EDIT: Only making $1.52 this year

Old
02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraserburn View Post
I dont like the way Philadelphia is leveraging people against each other.
That's what any intelligent GM would do, and you'd be an idiot not to.

If you have the best piece available, and anywhere from 4-8 teams are interested, you play one offer against the other, dirivng the price up.

Old
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
That's what any intelligent GM would do, and you'd be an idiot not to.

If you have the best piece available, and anywhere from 4-8 teams are interested, you play one offer against the other, dirivng the price up.
Agreed. I would be trying to get all that I could for him.

Although perhaps Fraser was commenting on the method of "spreading rumors" (again, that is a rumor itself).

Closed Thread