HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Was Always Avery's Ideal Hockey Home

Old
02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
New York Was Always Avery's Ideal Hockey Home

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2676

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
"And the fans, too. I think they're pretty passionate, and I remember when I was here how hard of a time they give the visiting team. That's the type of atmosphere I like to play in. I'm kind of an intense guy, and when the fans are intense, it's easy to play. It makes it like having an extra guy on the ice."

and THATS where we, as fans, are responsible for whats happening on the ice.
im not saying that "lazy/silent fans" is an excuse for lazy/sloppy play.. but youve gotta lit their ***** when its not going well.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
im not saying that "lazy/silent fans" is an excuse for lazy/sloppy play.. but youve gotta lit their ***** when its not going well.
unfortunately that wont happen when you have pessimists who would rather hope for a high draft pick instead!

LETS GO RANGERS

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
unfortunately that wont happen when you have pessimists who would rather hope for a high draft pick instead!

LETS GO RANGERS
HAHA ZING! Good post man.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
McDonagh27

As I learned quite early with Jagr... you cannot judge a player's reputation by his past, you only judge him on what he does for your team..

Avery has been a great addition.

McDonagh27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Not at all. Avery would 've sad the same things about any team he would had been traded to. Typical PR buy a sharp guy. I like him, but don't make more that it was - a polite acknowledgment.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Leprechaun

Quote:

LETS GO RANGERS
Well played, sir!

I'm loving the effect that Avery's attitude seems to be having on the team. His intensity appears to have rubbed off a bit on everyone else.

Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
o0goals

Quote:

LETS GO RANGERS
I think the bigger problem is that almost everyone who sits in the purple seats doesn't know/care about hockey and are there as a social function. My family has had seats there since the Garden opened, and I have been going since I was pre-natal (my mom got hit with a puck while she was pregnant with me), and over the last 15 years my section has gone from a lot of long-time season ticket holders who were really into the game, to corporate seats and seats held onto by the Garden for VIPs. As a result, everyone I grew up rooting with and talking to about hockey have given up their seats and I spend most of the game listening to people ask what offsides is fourteen times rather than cheering when Ortmeyer throws his body in front a slapper from the point and makes a great defensive play. As loud as the 400s might get during key moments of the game when the crowd needs to be into it, the purples have no heart, and the noise never makes it to the ice where it counts.

o0goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I would love to see him stick around for a while, he plays the type of game that gets the fans into the game. You can never have too many of those guys on your team.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I've liked his play so far but he's my favorite Ranger behind Jagr after that article. He's not just full of character but obviously pretty damn intelligent and very humble. Awesome pick up.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
HAHA ZING! Good post man.
You would think that was funny.

This article was way overdue, fluff pieces like this usually only take a few minutes to whip up

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
I think the bigger problem is that almost everyone who sits in the purple seats doesn't know/care about hockey and are there as a social function. My family has had seats there since the Garden opened, and I have been going since I was pre-natal (my mom got hit with a puck while she was pregnant with me), and over the last 15 years my section has gone from a lot of long-time season ticket holders who were really into the game, to corporate seats and seats held onto by the Garden for VIPs. As a result, everyone I grew up rooting with and talking to about hockey have given up their seats and I spend most of the game listening to people ask what offsides is fourteen times rather than cheering when Ortmeyer throws his body in front a slapper from the point and makes a great defensive play. As loud as the 400s might get during key moments of the game when the crowd needs to be into it, the purples have no heart, and the noise never makes it to the ice where it counts.
Those seats were mainly corporations in the 80's, I know, my Dad worked for one and we had his companies tix a few times a year back then. Right behind the Rangers penalty box. They were red seats back then, when the blues were TRUE blues - pot/cigarette smoking, drinking, gambling, fornication - yes, it was the 80's

Old
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Knew you guys would like him. He is the typical New York player.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
o0goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Those seats were mainly corporations in the 80's, I know, my Dad worked for one and we had his companies tix a few times a year back then. Right behind the Rangers penalty box. They were red seats back then, when the blues were TRUE blues - pot/cigarette smoking, drinking, gambling, fornucation - yes, it was the 80's
That may be true, I'm not old enough to know, but in the 90's basically until Gretzky came to NYC, the purples were loud and people knew what was going on. Now when I go to games there are a dozen empty seats in my section and most of the people who show up know nothing. It's frustrating, because when I try to be loud and get people around me into the game I get weird looks and security guards start hanging around waiting for me to do something that will get me in trouble.

o0goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
That may be true, I'm not old enough to know, but in the 90's basically until Gretzky came to NYC, the purples were loud and people knew what was going on. Now when I go to games there are a dozen empty seats in my section and most of the people who show up know nothing. It's frustrating, because when I try to be loud and get people around me into the game I get weird looks and security guards start hanging around waiting for me to do something that will get me in trouble.
Bottom line - if you want to act like a 'fanatic', you can't sit in those sections, you have to find the 'blue collar' sections

Old
02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
This article was way overdue, fluff pieces like this usually only take a few minutes to whip up
Which is why I discount pretty much every article that comes from that site.

02-13-2007, 02:22 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Not at all. Avery would 've sad the same things about any team he would had been traded to. Typical PR buy a sharp guy. I like him, but don't make more that it was - a polite acknowledgment.
you know, that was my first thought aswell, but read closely, its a statement he made before he was traded. he said it in the los angeles media guide.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
dedalus

Quote:

LETS GO RANGERS
Err ... because those who want a high draft pick aren't critical of poor or lazy play?

Good luck with that proposition.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Balej20*

Quote:

That's what I was thinking.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:42 PM
IanB

Yes, this is a fluff article, but its not something just whipped up. Obviously, it is on Newyorkrangers.com because its neither legitimate news or relevant to the league. As nice as it may be to read, the only purpose of it is to make the fans feel good about themselves and the franchise.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Edge

Quote:

Actually after proof reading they took about 45 minutes

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
The Thomas J.*

WOW Get the shovel & the boots out, this **** is deep.

That being I said I loved the trade and am very happy hes here, hopefully for the long term.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
I like what I have seen out of him so far, this team needs a little edge and grittyness and he brings that to the table... not to mention a smoking hot gf...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
TheRedressor

They definetly dragged the article along a little bit too much.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:19 PM
NYRBLUE 74

Send a message via AIM to NYRBLUE 74
Avery got jump

I like this dude...I think he's a perfect fit for the club...I hate to see jason go...but I think we made out in the deal. His game has been pretty good so far...Like Avery said.... lets see 15 games.

I hope we can continue our good play and gain some ground on Carolina ...

NYRBLUE 74 is offline   Reply With Quote