HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Return on Thursday vs. Wild

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2014, 10:29 AM
  #26
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,997
vCash: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
this again....ugh



who loves losinggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Replacement.

czar99 is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM
  #27
Agron
BELIEVE.
 
Agron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuds View Post
Unleash the Yak. To those that doubt him?

likely eakins on the other side.

Agron is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 11:17 AM
  #28
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,718
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuds View Post
Unleash the Yak. To those that doubt him?

lol i want to post this pic everytime yak scores, whats up haters

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:03 PM
  #29
CurrenR
Registered User
 
CurrenR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers practice: Hall-RNH-Yakupov, Hemsky-Gagner-Eberle, Hendricks-Gordon-Perron, Gazdic-Smyth-Jones/Joensuu

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers D: N.Schultz-J.Schultz, Marincin-Petry, Fraser-Ference, Belov-Potter, Larsen

Oilers lines and pairings from today.

CurrenR is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:05 PM
  #30
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers practice: Hall-RNH-Yakupov, Hemsky-Gagner-Eberle, Hendricks-Gordon-Perron, Gazdic-Smyth-Jones/Joensuu

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers D: N.Schultz-J.Schultz, Marincin-Petry, Fraser-Ference, Belov-Potter, Larsen

Oilers lines and pairings from today.
not sure why perron was moved

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:10 PM
  #31
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers practice: Hall-RNH-Yakupov, Hemsky-Gagner-Eberle, Hendricks-Gordon-Perron, Gazdic-Smyth-Jones/Joensuu

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1h
Oilers D: N.Schultz-J.Schultz, Marincin-Petry, Fraser-Ference, Belov-Potter, Larsen

Oilers lines and pairings from today.
We need to fix both of these pairings. Why the F is N.Schultz on the top pairing??

raab is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:21 PM
  #32
tempest2i
Feral
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
not sure why perron was moved
Because Oilers coaches watched Hemsky at the olympics and remember that he's an offensive player and they should put him in the top 6.

tempest2i is online now  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:23 PM
  #33
CorpseFX
Registered User
 
CorpseFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 7,716
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Because Oilers coaches watched Hemsky at the olympics and remember that he's an offensive player and they should put him in the top 6.
Gagner should be on the third line.

"theyre looking to trade him"

everyone knows he blows already

CorpseFX is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:48 PM
  #34
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
lol i want to post this pic everytime yak scores, whats up haters
To Del Preston (or any other handy giffers) this would be money. Make a gif of Yaks goal and then have him flipping the bird before the gif replays.

MONEY!

Groucho is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:51 PM
  #35
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
I'm looking forward to the game!

I'm tired of this defensive play thing.

Luckily, Oilers are unsure of what that means.
This here game is the Minnesota Wild, fighting for a playoff spot, with the gang that can't shoot straight under tignt checking being the home side.

We're Latvia without knowing how to play D.

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
  #36
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Replacement.
heh you called.

I didn't post in the thread at that point and rep still precedes me weeks later.

lol

I'm the one that said this sorry lot would make the playoffs..

stupid me

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:56 PM
  #37
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This here game is the Minnesota Wild, fighting for a playoff spot, with the gang that can't shoot straight under tignt checking being the home side.

We're Latvia without knowing how to play D.
I'd actually love it to see an Oiler team try to play some sort of defensive system. Last time they actually learned how to "trap" a bit we went to the cup final. Not saying we'd win a cup solely because of our systems but if we played a bit more defensively instead of looking for all out offence we may have had a shot at the playoffs.

raab is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
  #38
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,718
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
heh you called.

I didn't post in the thread at that point and rep still precedes me weeks later.

lol

I'm the one that said this sorry lot would make the playoffs..

stupid me
i bet $100 the oilers would make the playoffs in September...

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 01:58 PM
  #39
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,718
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
To Del Preston (or any other handy giffers) this would be money. Make a gif of Yaks goal and then have him flipping the bird before the gif replays.

MONEY!
its sucha great pic, when im not infractioned im going to make it my Av

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:01 PM
  #40
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,596
vCash: 50
We may have to go from watching team Canada to watching the oilers, but at least there is one piece of good news....

Oilers have better jerseys than Team Canada.

Diamondillium is online now  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:02 PM
  #41
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i bet $100 the oilers would make the playoffs in September...
Whats wrong with us?..

At least I didn't bet on it.

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
  #42
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I'd actually love it to see an Oiler team try to play some sort of defensive system. Last time they actually learned how to "trap" a bit we went to the cup final. Not saying we'd win a cup solely because of our systems but if we played a bit more defensively instead of looking for all out offence we may have had a shot at the playoffs.
Its going to be funny strange watching the Oilers for awhile because you just know Klowe is coming back from Oly knowing all about winning and that "I saw this club play this system and it really worked guys..."

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Oilers war room this week..

that said I like D first hockey, always have, which makes being a fan of this version of the Oilers quite difficult.

Replacement is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:21 PM
  #43
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,605
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
not sure why perron was moved
I would think because he's a good enough player to play against the kind of opposition he wants that line to face, and because his abrasive style fits Eakins' vision of how he wants that line to play.

Hemsky can play tough minutes, and Jones can play a gritty game, but Perron can do both, so it seems like a good fit at least on paper.


What I DON'T get, is how Belov is still sitting for Fraser.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:30 PM
  #44
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,253
vCash: 500
So who's injured... they have 24 players healthy by the look of that practice lineup?

Is Larsen still out?

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:31 PM
  #45
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,299
vCash: 500
God I forgot the Oilers acquired and then played Mark Fraser.

dustrock is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:35 PM
  #46
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Whats wrong with us?..

At least I didn't bet on it.
Labarbera and that "roll the dice" defense that MacT put together last summer convinced me that they were at best an 11th place team in the West this season... but I let a lot of the others optimism on the boards get to me and I raised it up to maybe 10th.

Should have listened to the sage IATL. No one knows realistic pessimism like that guy.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:36 PM
  #47
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its going to be funny strange watching the Oilers for awhile because you just know Klowe is coming back from Oly knowing all about winning and that "I saw this club play this system and it really worked guys..."

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Oilers war room this week..

that said I like D first hockey, always have, which makes being a fan of this version of the Oilers quite difficult.
The beautiful thing about a defensive first team is that it usually produces more offence. I would love to see it with this team as we'd be able to capitalize on neutral zone turnovers with our speed off the rush.

raab is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:48 PM
  #48
glassbangers
#FireEakins
 
glassbangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UVI
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 495
I find it absolutely hilarious that Matt Hendricks is Nick Bjugstad's idol.

glassbangers is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:48 PM
  #49
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Because Oilers coaches watched Hemsky at the olympics and remember that he's an offensive player and they should put him in the top 6.
For the same reason, Perron should be in the top six.



(minus the olympics part and sudden realization, and Hemsky, and watching)

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2014, 02:49 PM
  #50
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
I find it absolutely hilarious that Matt Hendricks is Nick Bjugstad's idol.
What?!

Proof or I can't laugh.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.