HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2014, 11:03 AM
EpicNeilTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
HA the rest of the teams can say the same about West paying for players and breaking all the rules the league has in place
Which players are they paying? I want to hear this

Don't think they've broken any rules either.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:06 AM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
HA the rest of the teams can say the same about West paying for players and breaking all the rules the league has in place
Until you can show proof there are zero reasons for the allegations. Everyone knows the kinds of payments that go on in the EOJHL and you cannot pin point one organization.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:59 AM
KL14

Payments to Players

Look, the payments are made in various ways, the use of vehicles, the payment of mileage, not charging a fee for some players to play while others do pay, finding jobs for kids who come in from out of town, actually payments to players etc. etc. etc.....and who does it hurt ? NO ONE...and who does it help ? The kids playing hockey, so get over it....If there is one single team in the EOJHL not making or doing some form of compensation as noted above I would be shocked. EVER TEAM DOES IT.

Old
02-22-2014, 12:40 PM
LETSPLAY

OW-GAT Series. OW needs a few of their veterans to play a more physical game (Lehoux, Kilrea and Allard). Allard may annoy Gatineau but his style of play is not contributing to any of OW's offensive success. OW missed Cody Kyle who was one of their best forwards in game 3 setting up 2 goals. Gatineau being led by Robinson who plays a complete game at both ends of the ice. Game 5 will be pivotal and likely a real battle.

Old
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Look, the payments are made in various ways, the use of vehicles, the payment of mileage, not charging a fee for some players to play while others do pay, finding jobs for kids who come in from out of town, actually payments to players etc. etc. etc.....and who does it hurt ? NO ONE...and who does it help ? The kids playing hockey, so get over it....If there is one single team in the EOJHL not making or doing some form of compensation as noted above I would be shocked. EVER TEAM DOES IT.
Exactly you cannot believe that overage players or the leaders of the teams are going to be paying for hockey. The worst of it is that some players will only play if they do get the money from their teams. I can remember when a good hockey player that played for Arnprior a few years back, not going to say names, was paid a lot of money in the playoffs for each series his team won. This is not confirmed but just what other players in the league had heard.

It is unfortunate because it takes away from the leagues rep. Once one team "rewards" their players then the rest of the leagues players are going to want the "rewards" from their team or they want traded or they want traded.

Old
02-22-2014, 02:50 PM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Exactly you cannot believe that overage players or the leaders of the teams are going to be paying for hockey. The worst of it is that some players will only play if they do get the money from their teams. I can remember when a good hockey player that played for Arnprior a few years back, not going to say names, was paid a lot of money in the playoffs for each series his team won. This is not confirmed but just what other players in the league had heard.

It is unfortunate because it takes away from the leagues rep. Once one team "rewards" their players then the rest of the leagues players are going to want the "rewards" from their team or they want traded or they want traded.
I know the answers to these statements and I think the rest of you do also.Until the leagues steps in and says something then this will not stop.Where it really hurts is the top teams can go out and get these players and tell them what they can do for them and of course they will come to that team.The Have's and the Have Not's in this league will continue until someone has the courage to stand up and say something.

Old
02-22-2014, 03:59 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Is Marc Shanks hurt for Ottawa West or did he just go home for Reading Week?

Old
02-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Hockeyobserverjrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
Sad to see a JR B Hockey club play and act in this manner.The owners and coaches should absolutely be held accountable as they are suppose to be in charge of these young men and I cannot think what the parents are thinking of the actions of their son's and this team.
Good post but one year too late.....

Old
02-22-2014, 08:21 PM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyobserverjrb View Post
Good post but one year too late.....
I love when the trollers come in with a different names and you mean a year too late as to what may I ask and do not be afraid since you know who I am ok.Be a Man and stand up.

Old
02-24-2014, 02:29 PM
RJHJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
Is Marc Shanks hurt for Ottawa West or did he just go home for Reading Week?
Shanks is hurt with a shoulder injury.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:36 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

Closed Thread