HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIII: Getcha' pitchforks ready.

View Poll Results: if Hemsky came with a cheap price tag, would you want to see Hensky in blue?
Yes 13 20.00%
No 52 80.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXIII: Getcha' pitchforks ready.

Continue.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:59 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

What's the latest, i havent been able to check.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea he's definitely not worthless. Stewart is streaky but will put up 20 plus goals. Add Jaskin to that and I make the deal.
Really? Cause he's scored 20+ once in his career, his average is 16.5 goals a season. It's not a good return, and he's not a particularly useful player in this system. He's a less skilled Callahan. The plus better be pretty good. He also only averages 54 games a season.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:00 AM
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

Well this rumor has died down.... time to go trade with some teams in the west

Old
02-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Boomer seems to be full of it; several posters are willing to spit in the face of common sense because they want a Callahan for St. Louis 1 for 1 swap to happen.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Really? Cause he's scored 20+ once in his career, his average is 16.5 goals a season. It's not a good return, and he's not a particularly useful player in this system. He's a less skilled Callahan. The plus better be pretty good. He also only averages 54 games a season.
Maybe its not a good return in your eyes, but it is a realistic one.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
E-Train

Quote:
While I agree the plus needs to be pretty good, the numbers you're posting are completely false. He's a 2 time 28 goal scorer. You're looking at his split year with COL & STL as individual seasons. Had 18 in 48 games last year. He might be lazy but he can score goals without question.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This is not true. His first season was split between AHL/NHL.

After that he's played 77 of 82, 62 of 82, 79 of 82, 48 of 48, and 57 of 57.

In total, he's played 323 of a possible 351. He averages 75 games over an 82 game season.

EDIT: Furthermore, he's scored 115 goals over the course of 376 games (including his rookie season). That's good for an average of 25 goals per 82 game season.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Boomer sticking with his claim, but has moved from the deal happening when the players get back to sometime before the deadline. Dreger and McKenzie saying there might have been talks about it, but it wouldn't be a one for one swap.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
I think they will get a good haul for Cally but not sure what you are expecting? A established player plus solid prospect us what I'm thinking

Would you rather have McGinn over Stewart for example?

Old
02-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Stamkos says "winning a gold will heal a lot of wounds"

Maybe MSL changed his mind.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:08 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Callahan plus prospect for MSL

Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Thanks guys

Old
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
20+ twice, and paced for 20+ last year and again this year. Though I see how once might fit your opinion a bit better. I'm also pretty sure that 54 games a season bit isn't accurate either considering that aside from the lockout season, he's played fewer than 54 games only once and that was his rookie year.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
20+ twice, and paced for 20+ last year and again this year. Though I see how once might fit your opinion a bit better. I'm also pretty sure that 54 games a season bit isn't accurate either.
It's not, see my post above. He averages 25 goals per 82 games and 75 games per season.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Maybe its not a good return in your eyes, but it is a realistic one.
If it's not a good return in your eyes you might want to get them checked. It may be realistic that you take on a project or inconsistent player when trading a rental, but their are better inconsistent players out there. You shouldn't be taking someone whose ceiling is under the guy you're trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
While I agree the plus needs to be pretty good, the numbers you're posting are completely false. He's a 2 time 28 goal scorer. You're looking at his split year with COL & STL as individual seasons. Had 18 in 48 games last year. He might be lazy but he can score goals without question.
My bad, his average is still under 20 which doesn't equate to "can score goals without question" in my opinion. Especially considering those 28 goal seasons were awhile ago now.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Stamkos says "winning a gold will heal a lot of wounds"

Maybe MSL changed his mind.
Once MSL won the gold medal I figured this might happen.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
If it's not a good return in your eyes you might want to get them checked. It may be realistic that you take on a project or inconsistent player when trading a rental, but their are better inconsistent players out there. You shouldn't be taking someone whose ceiling is under the guy you're trading.
The options are limited.

In the end, to every team in the league, Callahan is a rental that wants way too much money. Who is going to give up high-ceiling assets for that?

Old
02-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Boomer seems to be full of it; several posters are willing to spit in the face of common sense because they want a Callahan for St. Louis 1 for 1 swap to happen.
If St. Louis wants traded, it's still a possibility. These guy's are still getting back from the Olympics.. I agree it wouldn't end up being a 1for 1, I could see us adding a conditional pick, prospect...

Old
02-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
If St. Louis wants traded, it's still a possibility. These guy's are still getting back from the Olympics.. I agree it wouldn't end up being a 1for 1, I could see us adding a conditional pick, prospect...
Thats a very different deal than Boomer reported, no?

The Rangers should not be adding assets for a player pushing 40. I dont care how good he is right now.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
My bad, his average is still under 20 which doesn't equate to "can score goals without question" in my opinion. Especially considering those 28 goal seasons were awhile ago now.
He has 100 goals in 5 completed NHL seasons, including a lockout shortened one and his rookie year.

Old
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

His average per 82 games is 25 goals. Okay, so say you don't prorate his rookie season of 53 games, AND you don't prorate last season (only 48 games), AND you don't prorate this sesaon's goal totals (only 57 games), he's STILL at an average of 19.2 goals per season, and he would only need 5 more goals this season (or 5 goals over the course of the 34 games that weren't played last season, since you don't like to prorate) to get his goal rate to 20 goals per season.

I'm not even a proponent of Stewart but you're clearly manipulating numbers to fit your argument. Either that or you're viewing his 2010-11 stats with Colorado and St. Louis as separate seasons and it's throwing off your numbers. In either case, pretty much every stat you've posted in this thread about Stewart has been incorrect.

Old
Trxjw
Retired.

I really don't understand the hate around Stewart. I think he has the potential to grow with this team. He plays a similar game to Callahan in terms of being a guy who crashes the net and plays the right-wing, and plays a similar position on the power play, which would give us a better net-front option than Pouliot.

I realize that we'd have to re-sign him after next year if we wanted to keep him, but what is so bad about re-signing a 20+ goal power-forward who will be only 27 years old to start next season? Worst case is that we trade him the same way we are likely to trade Callahan. Teams always covet size and scoring at the deadline. Best case we get a younger player who can remain a part of the team and we sign him to a reasonable contract.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I'm going to go drink more coffee so I can wake up.

Point remains that Stewart and a prospect isn't a return I would expect many people to be happy with. I don't see them giving up a top prospect and certainly don't see them adding a pick. Maybe Stewart can regain his scoring prowess which he has shown in the past but since leaving Colorado he's been a lot more inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
His average per 82 games is 25 goals. Okay, so say you don't prorate his rookie season of 53 games, AND you don't prorate last season (only 48 games), AND you don't prorate this sesaon's goal totals (only 57 games), he's STILL at an average of 19.2 goals per season, and he would only need 5 more goals this season (or 5 goals over the course of the 34 games that weren't played last season, since you don't like to prorate) to get his goal rate to 20 goals per season.

I'm not even a proponent of Stewart but you're clearly manipulating numbers to fit your argument. Either that or you're viewing his 2010-11 stats with Colorado and St. Louis as separate seasons and it's throwing off your numbers. In either case, pretty much every stat you've posted in this thread about Stewart has been incorrect.
I didn't manipulate ****. I made a mistake. I already admitted to that, and why prorate? We don't live in a world where you get credit for things you haven't done. You shouldn't be giving him credit for playing 82 games and scoring 20+ goals in season in which he hasn't done that.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 470
Quote:
I do not agree with the bolded one bit, but other than that this post is spot on.