HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit Interested in Ales Hemsky

Old
02-24-2014, 01:24 AM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
so then behind Hall, and Perron.

trade makes no sense for either team.
I see the Oilers management system has rubbed off on its fans.

Hmm, should we trade our aging impending UFA veteran who might still be capable of .5 pp/g for another teams elite prospect who doesn't have a single hole in his game?

No, because he isn't a bottom six player.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekcuf View Post
Hemsky has been rumored to Detroit for the past few trade deadlines. I dont see it happening.
Jacob Kindl would be about what they offer. I'd be more interested in Ferraro and Jensen. This might actually have legs this time around. With the Wings gaining considerable cap space next year, a nice 20 game tryout might be in the cards. Edmonton would rather ready or near ready NHL guys. Ferraro is both expendable and would be of interest in Edmonton. There's little to no room for Jensen in Detroit and Kindl is going Anders Erikkson here pretty soon.

With Zetterbergs injury, it makes some sense. Even with the success the young guys have had this year.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
so then behind Hall, and Perron.

trade makes no sense for either team.
You make room for guys like Jurco. He's going to be a very good player for what he's shown. Don't get caught up in the need for exact roles per line. They need as many quality guys they can get.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Wonder who we'd be interested in? I could see us wanting Landon Ferraro given his connection to Edmonton and the fact that he can flat out fly. At minimum we should be able to turn him into a grinder in the Todd Marchant mold. Would Detroit do Hemsky for Ferraro+2nd?
It works with salary, because Zetterberg on LTIR for rest of the season creates huge room.

Would Oilers be interested in Jakub Kindl? Something like Ferraro+Kindl package?

If Detroit ever trades for Hemsky, it won't be "for a rental". It will happen with a promise for a contract extension. Othervise this will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Suribachi View Post
Ferraro is expendable, he's out of options next season and there's no spot for him on the Wings.
There is a spot, but if we acquire Hemsky (long-term), then there's no spot. So he could go to other way.

Last edited by Henkka: 02-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:46 AM
klog1

I hope not.

klog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:53 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
It works with salary, because Zetterberg on LTIR for rest of the season creates huge room.

Would Oilers be interested in Jakub Kindl? Something like Ferraro+Kindl package?

If Detroit ever trades for Hemsky, it won't be "for a rental". It will happen with a promise for a contract extension. Othervise this will never happen.

There is a spot, but if we acquire Hemsky (long-term), then there's no spot. So he could go to other way.
I'm sure we would be glad to take Kindl and Ferraro off your hands. I don't see Detroit actually doing that, unless we gave up something else as well though. Personally, I'd be happy with just Kindl and maybe a mid to late pick for him.

EDIT - Let's stop with the Jurco talk, we won't be getting him for Hemsky. We can dream, but let's be realistic here. Kindl or Ferraro and a pick is probably the more realistic price.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2014, 11:56 AM
The Red Line

Do not want Hemsky.

The Red Line is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Detroit seems to find a way to contend every year by correctly leveraging their future.

As Grand Rapids has proven with the Calder cup, their system is stocked.

Why not yet again contend, but give up a lesser piece?
Hemsky would be in the dog house before his name is faxed to the nhl office. He won't help us anymore then the kids are currently. Rather just play them.

Edm takes Sammy and toots bad deals, then I'll do it. If not, I'd gracefully roll w what we have.

Howard35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 11:32 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
hemsky would be great in detroit so i hope he doesnt go there

CornKicker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 11:33 AM
crashman

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Hemsky would be in the dog house before his name is faxed to the nhl office. He won't help us anymore then the kids are currently. Rather just play them.

Edm takes Sammy and toots bad deals, then I'll do it. If not, I'd gracefully roll w what we have.
That's a pretty ignorant statement.

We don't even need to send salary the other way anymore, Zetterberg is on LTIR for the rest of the season.

Hemsky is a good player, I'd give up some mid round picks and a b-level prospect for him. If Edmonton wanted Tootoo, they could have him too, I mean...also.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 11:46 AM
rec28

Send a message via MSN to rec28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
tootoo, frk and a 5th ?
I was totally expecting this to be the punchline to a joke.

rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 11:48 AM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post

Care to explain why?

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote