HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
You make it sound like a 20 year old finding his game in the AHL is a bad thing haha.

Recent first round pick scoring at a 50 point pace since his slow start(1 point in first 12 games) as an AHL rookie.

Seems like a perfect return when you include Fayne who is a capable middle pairing guy.
That's sort of what I was going for when I proposed it. Matteau(sp?) reminds me kind of like Bolland with maybe a bit more offensive game, he's getting his feet wet in the pro game, but I think he'll be a nice player eventually.

Fayne is us trying out a FA D-man. Like you said, he's a middle pairing guy who's fairly decent defensively. He plays a good amount of ES and some SH minutes too.

02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
HeavyHitter99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
That's sort of what I was going for when I proposed it. Matteau(sp?) reminds me kind of like Bolland with maybe a bit more offensive game, he's getting his feet wet in the pro game, but I think he'll be a nice player eventually.

Fayne is us trying out a FA D-man. Like you said, he's a middle pairing guy who's fairly decent defensively. He plays a good amount of ES and some SH minutes too.
Wait you think Matteau is like Bolland but with more offense?.... No not even close. Matteau's offensive game will never be as good as Bollands

Old
02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
If you think he's a 3rd line-ish player with size, he probably fits there with Hendricks and Gordon.
He's 32 and has been an AHLer his entire career. Not like this guy is 23 and getting better. I don't see anyone taking a chance on him IMO.

Old
02-25-2014, 03:55 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Andelkader is having a breakout offensive year. I can't see them trading him, especially because of the other traits he brings to the table.
Detroit fans were offering Andersson+ for Hemsky. I haven't watched a lot of Andersson but from what I read he could fit into our 4th line center spot and be a good depth forward for the 3rd line if someone gets injured. Anyone got any more info on the guy?

Old
02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Detroit fans were offering Andersson+ for Hemsky. I haven't watched a lot of Andersson but from what I read he could fit into our 4th line center spot and be a good depth forward for the 3rd line if someone gets injured. Anyone got any more info on the guy?
Seems similar to what we want Lander to be. Guy isn't really physical, 50% on the dot, little offense, #2 PK guy on DET's top 10 PK.

Old
02-25-2014, 04:37 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Would you guys rather have a 2nd round pick or a 4th liner for Hemsky?

Old
02-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Depends on the 4th liner.. Jordan Nolan for example is someone I'd trade Hemsky for.

Old
02-25-2014, 04:59 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
2nd rounder. Ideally we move it for something bigger, even in a package. Ideally you sign Jesse Joesnuu's for free in the summer.

Old
02-25-2014, 05:08 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Depends on the 4th liner.. Jordan Nolan for example is someone I'd trade Hemsky for.
I'm with you on this one, 4th liner with potential to be more.

Old
02-25-2014, 05:12 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Seems similar to what we want Lander to be. Guy isn't really physical, 50% on the dot, little offense, #2 PK guy on DET's top 10 PK.
I'd trade Hemsky for a more mature Lander. We would actually start having a bit of depth at the center position if we can acquire a good #2. RNH,UFA,Gordon,Andersson,Lander,Horak. Also Andersson can play both wings so there is the chance that he ends up being able to play on the 3rd line with Gordon.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Oi'll say!

We Need a C From Chicago

Some teams have a rep for drafting and developing great d-men - like StL, Nash, NJ...

Det has been the only team that I noticed drafting/developing centers at a crazy rate in recent years but I just took notice of how they have been developing centers in Chicago.

Say what you want about Toews having great potential and being a high draft pick at 3rd overall (he was actually the 2nd center taken that year after Jordan Staal) but Chi has developed him into one of the top 3 centers in the world.

Dave Bolland was an awesome shut down center there and he was a 32nd overall pick. If the Oilers had him in their lineup they would have held the Sedins off the scoresheet in at least one game over the past ten years.

This Markus Kruger they got was taken in the 5th round, and he's the reason I was even looking at Chi. He was just excellent against Canada in the Gold game. Whenever he touched the puck in the d zone the play just disintegrated for Canada. How many centers like that have the Oilers drafted/developed in the 1st round in the last 20 years? Todd Marchant, that's about it.

Look at the 2011 draft, there are 2 kids who have played over 100 games from the 11th overall pick and lower - Brandon Saad at 43rd overall and Andrew Shaw from the 5th round, both from Chi.

The Hawks have 2 developing centers in Teuvo Teravainen (Fin Elite League 42gp-8g-32a-40pts +/-0) and Brandon Pirri who lead the AHL in scoring last year at 22 yrs old.

It's obvious that they don't have room for all their centers and if their recent history is proof of anything, a center taken from that org is gold. I don't have a lot of faith in MacT but if he gets a center from Chi I will be impressed.

I'm not pimping Pirri as a 2nd line c here, but I bet he would make the roster here and stand out like a sore thumb due to a lack of suckiness.

I wish I had the center ice pkg now, I decided not to get it this year when RNH and Gagner started off the season injured and I'm too cheap to pay $200 for the last 22 games. I'd love to see some Chi games.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Jamie

I like that Pirri fellow. From what I've seen, he COULD be or 2nd line Center, right now.

Kruger is pretty cool too, but can't see the Hawks giving him up, feel like he's a pretty big piece to that roster.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 530
Pirri for Gagner or something like that.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:24 PM
BarDownBobo

Pirri and Teuvo are both small, non physical forwards. Don't really need or see a fit for them.

Old
02-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Some teams have a rep for drafting and developing great d-men - like StL, Nash, NJ...

Det has been the only team that I noticed drafting/developing centers at a crazy rate in recent years but I just took notice of how they have been developing centers in Chicago.

Say what you want about Toews having great potential and being a high draft pick at 3rd overall (he was actually the 2nd center taken that year after Jordan Staal) but Chi has developed him into one of the top 3 centers in the world.

Dave Bolland was an awesome shut down center there and he was a 32nd overall pick. If the Oilers had him in their lineup they would have held the Sedins off the scoresheet in at least one game over the past ten years.

This Markus Kruger they got was taken in the 5th round, and he's the reason I was even looking at Chi. He was just excellent against Canada in the Gold game. Whenever he touched the puck in the d zone the play just disintegrated for Canada. How many centers like that have the Oilers drafted/developed in the 1st round in the last 20 years? Todd Marchant, that's about it.

Look at the 2011 draft, there are 2 kids who have played over 100 games from the 11th overall pick and lower - Brandon Saad at 43rd overall and Andrew Shaw from the 5th round, both from Chi.

The Hawks have 2 developing centers in Teuvo Teravainen (Fin Elite League 42gp-8g-32a-40pts +/-0) and Brandon Pirri who lead the AHL in scoring last year at 22 yrs old.

It's obvious that they don't have room for all their centers and if their recent history is proof of anything, a center taken from that org is gold. I don't have a lot of faith in MacT but if he gets a center from Chi I will be impressed.

I'm not pimping Pirri as a 2nd line c here, but I bet he would make the roster here and stand out like a sore thumb due to a lack of suckiness.

I wish I had the center ice pkg now, I decided not to get it this year when RNH and Gagner started off the season injured and I'm too cheap to pay $200 for the last 22 games. I'd love to see some Chi games.
Todd Marchant was drafted by a different organization, and developed before the Lowe/Mact duo came in to destroy the franchise. The only two forwards drafted after the first round that managed to survive the non-existent development system and turn into NHL players is Brodziak(2003) and Stoll(2002).

They don't need Chicago's centers either, they need Chicago's GM, their coaching staff, and their scouts. Drag more prospects into this dysfunctional organization and they'll suffer the same fate as all the other Oiler prospects that were left to drown.

Old
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
LTIR

vCash: 638
as per his exact quote.. he is going to try and get EDM 2nd and 3rd back .. that means trades with LA and STL

"I'd be disappointed if we weren't able to get our second- or third-rounder back," the Oilers GM expla

"That's exactly what we're going to try and do - get those picks back."

Old
02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
alphahelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
as per his exact quote.. he is going to try and get EDM 2nd and 3rd back .. that means trades with LA and STL

"I'd be disappointed if we weren't able to get our second- or third-rounder back," the Oilers GM expla

I don't think that is what he meant. You are reading too much into his word selection - he just wants picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If you think he suddenly decided that he is going to RFA offer someone and needs his picks back, I would be very disappointed in the minor trades that moved them out.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post

He obviously just meant getting any 2nd or any 3rd back..

Old
02-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Todd Marchant was drafted by a different organization, and developed before the Lowe/Mact duo came in to destroy the franchise. The only two forwards drafted after the first round that managed to survive the non-existent development system and turn into NHL players is Brodziak(2003) and Stoll(2002).

They don't need Chicago's centers either, they need Chicago's GM, their coaching staff, and their scouts. Drag more prospects into this dysfunctional organization and they'll suffer the same fate as all the other Oiler prospects that were left to drown.
I still give the Oil credit for recognizing Marchant's potential, trading MacT for him (lol) and developing him. I'm also still pissed that they let Gx and Brodziak get away.

I'd be happy to get Chi's gm et al but I'd still like at least one of their centers here.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:16 PM
dnicks17

A team with Michal Handzus as their #2C seems like a weird team to be crushing on for centers.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:26 PM
cooker24

Anyone got any legitimate inside information on where Hemsky might go? Sure, you might not be able to post it in here, but PM me.

I'm working for NHL Revealed this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some inside information or interesting insight to offer.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:34 PM
tabs

Dreger was saying that Bolland wants 5+ mill to resign in TO but that they would want to resign him in the 4+ mill range. Also says that they would trade him for a player, not picks. Specifically, either a top 9 forward or top 4 dman. Would Gagner+ for Bolland make sense? Would Bolland at that price be reasonable? Would have to be agreed to extend prior to the deal.

Hell we can throw in NSchultz too

Old
02-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Dreger was saying that Bolland wants 5+ mill to resign in TO but that they would want to resign him in the 4+ mill range. Also says that they would trade him for a player, not picks. Specifically, either a top 9 forward or top 4 dman. Would Gagner+ for Bolland make sense? Would Bolland at that price be reasonable? Would have to be agreed to extend prior to the deal.

Hell we can throw in NSchultz too
Bolland at 5M would be iffy.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
A team with Michal Handzus as their #2C seems like a weird team to be crushing on for centers.
They seem to know what they are doing, my guess is that having Handzus there is a big part of getting the younger players some sheltered minutes and setting a good example for them.

I always get flamed when I mention this but Hemsky got a 10 year pass on playing in his own zone and I think the Oilers are paying for that right now with their younger players. When offensive stars come out of junior their first priority isn't playing tough in their own end, it's scoring points just like they did at every other level and Hemsky was the epitome of that at the nhl level.

In Chi if they are giving Handzus a big role out of respect for his defensive efforts that's the exact opposite of what was rewarded in Edm.

Whatever they are doing it is working.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:40 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I will update this post as rumors come up. Let's try and keep the clutter and proposals out of this thread and keep it strictly for rumors.

MacT Looking To Replace Draft Picks That Were Traded Away
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444655
so mact wants to trade current nhlers for players who wont be ready for 5 years (most guys outside of the first round take about 5 years to get to the show) and that is to help the oilers turn things around? So the time Eberle, Hall and Nuges contracts are up--he thinks the oilers will turn things around

Closed Thread