HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Preds Talk Part V

Old
02-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
I'm a whole wheat kinda guy myself.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Listening to podcasts and hearing Canadians going 'oh. Shea Weber IS that good.' And all the Canadian media forced trade rumors...
where are their norris votes?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 10:01 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Posted the same article in the forward thread. Sorry about that, didn't see this here.

Hope he's either extended for a year or he's dealt. Now I know he's not going to return much, but if he reaches free agency I've almost had it with Poile. Too much indecision. I would have thought they'd atleast touch base with Legwands agent sometime this season.
Poile was talking to Willy D and George Plaster this afternoon. In a discussion about the trade deadline and Leggy's impending UFA status, Poile said he spoken with Leggy several times in the last week. Poile didn't offer any insight to details of the conversation. I'll bet that part of those discussions addressed Leggy's no trade clause and a list of teams he would be willing to waive his right to be traded.

The rest was typical of Poile's cautious approach at the trade deadline. Preds aren't going for a blockbuster trade because of the reduced salary cap. Looking for the right fit for the future. Need to upgrade the offense. Keeping the defense as is - not looking to trade any of the defense (though he left Bartley of the list of PMDs). The Preds best trade deadline acquisition could be Pekka.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 10:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Its also possible Poile has discussed what Leggys future would be with the Preds, and he is waiting to see if Legwand is OK with that role(i.e., third line C at 3rd line money if he does re-sign). If so, He will probably offer Leggy a three or four year extension at reasonable money. If thats not OK with Leggy and he wants to move on, then Poile will ask him for a list of teams he would waive to go to

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 06:42 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Its also possible Poile has discussed what Leggys future would be with the Preds, and he is waiting to see if Legwand is OK with that role(i.e., third line C at 3rd line money if he does re-sign). If so, He will probably offer Leggy a three or four year extension at reasonable money. If thats not OK with Leggy and he wants to move on, then Poile will ask him for a list of teams he would waive to go to
I would expect that all of the above has been discussed to a certain degree. Hope Poile learned a lesson from the Suter debacle.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:02 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I would expect that all of the above has been discussed to a certain degree. Hope Poile learned a lesson from the Suter debacle.
problem is with the NTC Poile hands are tied. Legwand can choose to screw us over if he wants to, and Poile cant do a thing about it. The difference is we are not looking at a Cup run this year. So Leggy will have to decide if he wants to play out the string here or try on another team for a few weeks, play in the playoffs, and see what life is like in another organization before he has to make the big decision this summer.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:22 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

This line from OTF says it all. It's going to be real tough to make that one spot...

Quote:
The Preds won last night! Yea! But so did basically everybody else. Booooooo! Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg and Phoenix all got points last night, which should show you just how difficult making the playoffs will be.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:32 AM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This line from OTF says it all. It's going to be real tough to make that one spot...
Yep, we're not making the PO's. Minny is a lock with 4-5 other teams fighting for the 2nd wildcard spot.
I'm just going to enjoy the remaining games and hope for a good draft position.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 10:19 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Yep, we're not making the PO's. Minny is a lock with 4-5 other teams fighting for the 2nd wildcard spot.
I'm just going to enjoy the remaining games and hope for a good draft position.
We are closer to a playoff spot then the bottom 5 as there is a big gap between us and the truly bad. With Pekka coming back I don't see us going on a big enough losing streak to pick top 5 so we might as well go for it. I don't mean go all out buying at the deadline but I don't see us selling other then Legwand. Cullen can take Leggy's place for the rest of the season and maybe Poile can swing a deal for Ganger if it doesn't cost too much for the future.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
We are closer to a playoff spot then the bottom 5 as there is a big gap between us and the truly bad. With Pekka coming back I don't see us going on a big enough losing streak to pick top 5 so we might as well go for it. I don't mean go all out buying at the deadline but I don't see us selling other then Legwand. Cullen can take Leggy's place for the rest of the season and maybe Poile can swing a deal for Ganger if it doesn't cost too much for the future.
I'd honestly rather see Cullen traded over Legwand. Very disappointed in him so far this season.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Completely different situations IMO. Suter is one of the top players at his position in the entire league. Legwand is not. The contract Suter was looking for was one to carry him through his prime, meaning as many years as he could get for as much as he could get. Legwand will realistically be looking at 3-4 years max even in free agency. Suter had, for all intents and purposes, his choice of teams. Legwand, not so much. Oh and that team Suter played on was a whole hell of a lot better than this one, so the trade roles were reversed. Poile was a buyer than. At best this year he is neutral.

Legwand's situation is no where near as complex as Suter's situation was. I'm kind of hoping we trade him for a pick or two, and then bring him back in the summer (hopefully as a third line center).

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:25 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Completely different situations IMO. Suter is one of the top players at his position in the entire league. Legwand is not. The contract Suter was looking for was one to carry him through his prime, meaning as many years as he could get for as much as he could get. Legwand will realistically be looking at 3-4 years max even in free agency. Suter had, for all intents and purposes, his choice of teams. Legwand, not so much. Oh and that team Suter played on was a whole hell of a lot better than this one, so the trade roles were reversed. Poile was a buyer than. At best this year he is neutral.

Legwand's situation is no where near as complex as Suter's situation was. I'm kind of hoping we trade him for a pick or two, and then bring him back in the summer (hopefully as a third line center).
Good points. In general, I hope that Poile can get some value from a UFA in an uncertain situation. That he should be wary of what a player says and be aware that the player's interest isn't the same as the team's interest.

Old
03-02-2014, 06:24 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Tell me again why Fisher gets so many free passes? He is our 3rd best center.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:06 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Two words: Carrie Underwood.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I disagree. He's our #1 center. I take him over Legwand, despite what the stats say.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 02:45 PM
INDhockeyfan

Fisher is 2nd in goals and 4th in points on the team while playing both the PK and PP and against the other team's top lines. He'll probably be 20 goals/45 pts which is his average for his career so you can't really expect anything more out of him. He's also about the best role model you can find for the young guys and gets the preds free PR because of his wife.

I'd say Fisher and Legwand are pretty even on who is 1 or 2 center but he's not number 3.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

This Connor McDavid kid isn't half bad

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I would say there are multiple reasons. Fisher hasn't been with the Preds for too long. The team didn't give up a lot to get him here (just a couple of picks if I remember correctly), so it doesn't seem like the Preds have put a lot into him as a player. Legwand was our first draft pick, taken second overall, and a lot of people have been very much underwhelmed by his offensive ability after expecting him to be a high scoring player. Beyond that, Fisher plays a more physical game. Legwand plays a more cerebral game. The hits, fights and overall fire we see from Fisher is much more exciting to watch for most people. I don't think Legwand has been in a fight since juniors, whereas Fisher fought in December I think.

Not that those things are good reasons for Fisher to get a pass while Legwand gets picked apart, but I think they are some of the contributing factors.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Tell me again why Fisher gets so many free passes?
Heart matters.

He should not be a #1 center. He was a for a brief period in Ottawa. He's streaky, but not because he's being lazy. He just doesn't have skills to sustain offense through an entire season.

He is overpaid at the current cap rate. If it goes back up another 7-8 million -- it'll be more on par -- but he's probably going to continue to diminish with age.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Heart matters.

He should not be a #1 center. He was a for a brief period in Ottawa. He's streaky, but not because he's being lazy. He just doesn't have skills to sustain offense through an entire season.

He is overpaid at the current cap rate. If it goes back up another 7-8 million -- it'll be more on par -- but he's probably going to continue to diminish with age.
due to the current slump in the Canadian dollar, it won't ... $ 1 US gets you 1.10 CAD

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
geez. that was pretty awesome to watch

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:53 PM
MoserHockey

Here is the NHL Life Episode with Barry Trotz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31jdSGGgVhU

MoserHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 02:34 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Paging COLIN WILSON! If you have seen him please return him to 501 Broadway, Nashville. People can debate all they want about Trotz and whether he "kills offense" or not, but it isn't Trotz that has kept Wilson from scoring a goal since DECEMBER 30, 2013!!! I know players go in slumps, but for crying out loud this should be embarrassing for him, 30 GAMES WITHOUT A GOAL!!!

I'm not blaming him for everything, but cripes, Stalberg has 3 goals and even Rich ****ing Clune has 1 goal in 2014!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:28 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Paging COLIN WILSON! If you have seen him please return him to 501 Broadway, Nashville. People can debate all they want about Trotz and whether he "kills offense" or not, but it isn't Trotz that has kept Wilson from scoring a goal since DECEMBER 30, 2013!!! I know players go in slumps, but for crying out loud this should be embarrassing for him, 30 GAMES WITHOUT A GOAL!!!

I'm not blaming him for everything, but cripes, Stalberg has 3 goals and even Rich ****ing Clune has 1 goal in 2014!
Was on this weeks ago. Wish he would have been moved at the deadline.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Preds33

Looks like MDZ is scratched again tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cooper @JoshuaCooper
Trotz indicated Del Zotto is probably out again tonight...
Really? There must be something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. At this point I see MDZ gone and not qualified this off season, or if he is, I see him taking Poile to arbitration.

Last edited by Preds33: 03-23-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote