HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers PP

Old
02-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

vCash: 500
Oilers PP

Toby Petersen, with his 8 points, gets almost 10 minutes of powerplay time on the point, and MAB gets about 3 minutes. What are these guys thinking! The PP sorely missed that point shot tonight.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
mvprimate

I don't like toby just as much as the next guy but come on. The reason we lost tonight had nothing to do with peterson. Our pp was actually better than usual imo but we just couldn't get any breaks.

Is this thread necessary?

ps. toby played one of his better games tonight i though

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
boxall9

I was thinking the same thing. Peterson seems like a good guy but he gets way too much ice time considering his skill level. Watching the PP is bad but it seems even worse when you see other teams and watch their PP. The Oilers PP is absolutely brutal! The passing is the worst part, they don't move the puck quick enough and most of the passes are into the guys skates or just out of reach. I'm not saying I could do better (not even close) but just watch other teams, our PP is embarassing! Even strength they seem to play well but I still say what the Oilers are missing is a pure goal scorer and have been for years. That one guy like a Sakic or a Marleau or a Hossa. The fact that none of our defence would be top 3 on a serious contender is so frustrating I can't stand it but I won't get started on that. I am going to the game in Buffalo on Thursday and have great seats, I sure hope they play well. That's all, I just needed to vent. I don't think NHL Centre Ice is very good for my health this year.

boxall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Grimrock Alberta

[QUOTE=mvprimate;8049049]I don't like toby just as much as the next guy but come on. The reason we lost tonight had nothing to do with peterson. Our pp was actually better than usual imo but we just couldn't get any breaks.

Yes this thread was necessary. I think the exact same thing. What the hell is an AHLer doing with that much powerplay time. What seriously does he add to the powerplay that other guys don't. Why not have Smid, Staios, Hejda, or even Smith on there for that matter. Toby does play hard and with heart. The skill just isn't there. Put a freakin skilled guy back there or just a regular d-man with a shot even. Jesus H. it's startin to really piss me off. Can't they look and study the best powerplays in the league and try to imitate them.

Grimrock Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
mvprimate

we have this thread after every game though, why don't we just make a sticky?

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
t0mf00lery

After tonight our PP has fallen to 27th at 15.3%. Only Phoenix, St. Louis, and Chicago are worse.

t0mf00lery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by U3O8 View Post
Toby Petersen, with his 8 points, gets almost 10 minutes of powerplay time on the point, and MAB gets about 3 minutes. What are these guys thinking! The PP sorely missed that point shot tonight.
Petersen wasnt taking MAB's point spot.. Sykora was... MAB shoots his onetimers from the right point. Petersen has a limited role on the PP.. its all about hemsky and horcoff setting up sykora and smyth.

my issue with the PP isnt petersen.. its Nedved.. Pouliot should be on the first unit instead of nedved.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

[QUOTE=Take off Hose Head;8049244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvprimate View Post
I don't like toby just as much as the next guy but come on. The reason we lost tonight had nothing to do with peterson. Our pp was actually better than usual imo but we just couldn't get any breaks.

Yes this thread was necessary. I think the exact same thing. What the hell is an AHLer doing with that much powerplay time. What seriously does he add to the powerplay that other guys don't. Why not have Smid, Staios, Hejda, or even Smith on there for that matter. Toby does play hard and with heart. The skill just isn't there. Put a freakin skilled guy back there or just a regular d-man with a shot even. Jesus H. it's startin to really piss me off. Can't they look and study the best powerplays in the league and try to imitate them.
Exactly, for example when the Oil were wining all those cups during the 80's, I don't recall too many of the 4th liners like Dave Hunter, Hughes, or Kevin McClelland getting too much PP time. Maybe its just a brilliant new strategy that MacT and Simpson are trying to employ. Good luck with that one boys!

Old
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

If it makes anyone feel anyone better, Calgary went 3-for-3 on the PP in the first against Atlanta.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Sachiko

Edmonton doesn't have a PP...

Sachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Poti

I remember just before Tom Poti got traded, his ice-time dropped of dramatically. Perhaps the same is in the works for MAB!

Old
02-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lander View Post
Petersen wasnt taking MAB's point spot.. Sykora was... MAB shoots his onetimers from the right point. Petersen has a limited role on the PP.. its all about hemsky and horcoff setting up sykora and smyth.

my issue with the PP isnt petersen.. its Nedved.. Pouliot should be on the first unit instead of nedved.
Doesn't that limit the PP and make it more of a 4 on 4? Hemsky Smyth and Bergeron should all be locks on the first unit. Then you can pick from Lupul, Horcoff, Nedved, even Torres.

Problem isn't the players though. Looking at the skill we have, I have a very hard time understanding how we aren't in the top 15.

When was the last time we had a top PP with Simpson. The guy has to go. We have given him more then enough time to get his **** together and he consistantly has us in the 23-28 range on the PP.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 11:43 PM
djmarcopolo

we need new coaches. the way the team moves the puck is a reflection of the coaching they are receiving/or lack of, im tired of watching our team stumble out of our own zone while other teams look organized and focused.

djmarcopolo is offline   Reply With Quote