HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Trade PROPOSAL thread

Old
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Geogaddi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
That's fine.

My response was to TBBB, who offered our crap for Boynton. I never said he was untouchable. I just think that what TBBB offered for him will get little if anything at all, at this point.

Morris will fetch more than Boynton, if you ask me, so it's a little easier for me to see them moving him instead of Boynton. Especially if Boynton is having that bad of a year. I mean he hasn't looked great from what I'm seeing, but he hasn't looked any worse than any of our defenders... although that's not saying much.

I agree with you on Drury, I think you've hit it on the head of the nail for the most part. I'm very wary of giving him over 4 mill+ a year. I think he's easily worth 3.5 million, right on the money. But yes, someone is going to be sold on his intangibles, and he will be overpaid. Good player, I like him, but not at 4 mill+. It's a little too expensive for a guy who is having a career year in a contract year. I've seen this happen all too often with players.
Drury will get upwards of 4 Easily from almost any team. Hell our own Rangers gave a 3 Million Dollar Contract to Matt Cullen, whose Highest point total was 49 Points. So Drury with Intangibles and the Decent amount of Points that hes Put up through-out his career will easily gather that 4+ million Contract from anyone.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Drury will get upwards of 4 Easily from almost any team. Hell our own Rangers gave a 3 Million Dollar Contract to Matt Cullen, whose Highest point total was 49 Points. So Drury with Intangibles and the Decent amount of Points that hes Put up through-out his career will easily gather that 4+ million Contract from anyone.
I agree, Drury will come in at well over 4 a year.

02-13-2007, 06:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I KNOW many people will shut this down once they see his name but this guy is still one of the best in the game and with the new rules and Jagr being here I think he would fit in perfectly this time in a 3rd stint here. Montreal has been slumping badly, and if Kovalev became available and we're in a position at the deadline where we're gonna make the playoffs then he would be the best guy to get. I'm sorry I just cant ignore what Kovy can do for this team. He can play center and the wing, and he would greatly improve our PP and give us another guy to put in the shootout. He is one of the most phenominal passers in the game, if he's there I'd go for him. I'm glad Sather hasnt made a move for a big player yet because players like Kovalev could become available at the deadline.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
To PIT:
Prucha
Sauer
Dawes or Immonen (PIT choice)
2nd Round Draft Choice

To NYR:
Staal
Orpik

I know this won't happen, but it would help both teams. Pittsburgh has a log jam at center, and we lack a true future #1 center. Prucha or Dawes on Crosby's wing would be a killer combination for many years, since both are good finishers and Crosby is an unbelievable playmaker. Sauer is a good defensive prospect, and Orpik would help toughen our defense up immediately and going forward. I originally thought maybe the same rangers package for just Malkin, but realized how awful that would be for Pittsburgh considering Malking is on pace for numbers similar to Ovechkin and Crosby from last year.

On a side note, anyone know why Girardi isn't on our prospects page on hf?
The only way Jordan Staal will be traded to the Rangers would be if Marc Staal was going the other way.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:48 PM
TheRedressor

thats why it wouldn't be worth it. #1 Dman is more valuable then a #1 center

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Not to mention you don't deal from a scarcity. The Rangers don't exactly have a ton of top defense prospects.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont think the Rangers defensive prospects are more of a scarcity than they are a shortage. They have Sauer, Staal, and Sanguinetti in the wings. Those are the Top 3 defensemen of the future, adding to Tyutin. Plus you never know how Girardi will pan out he could be a keeper.

Old
02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
To PIT:
Prucha
Sauer
Dawes or Immonen (PIT choice)
2nd Round Draft Choice

To NYR:
Staal
Orpik

I know this won't happen, but it would help both teams. Pittsburgh has a log jam at center, and we lack a true future #1 center. Prucha or Dawes on Crosby's wing would be a killer combination for many years, since both are good finishers and Crosby is an unbelievable playmaker. Sauer is a good defensive prospect, and Orpik would help toughen our defense up immediately and going forward. I originally thought maybe the same rangers package for just Malkin, but realized how awful that would be for Pittsburgh considering Malking is on pace for numbers similar to Ovechkin and Crosby from last year.

On a side note, anyone know why Girardi isn't on our prospects page on hf?
i rather keep sauer than orpik....i.m.o. i think sauer is going to be a STUD!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
i rather keep sauer than orpik....i.m.o. i think sauer is going to be a STUD!
I think Sauer, like Dupont, gets highly under-rated on these boards.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Believe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I KNOW many people will shut this down once they see his name but this guy is still one of the best in the game and with the new rules and Jagr being here I think he would fit in perfectly this time in a 3rd stint here. Montreal has been slumping badly, and if Kovalev became available and we're in a position at the deadline where we're gonna make the playoffs then he would be the best guy to get. I'm sorry I just cant ignore what Kovy can do for this team. He can play center and the wing, and he would greatly improve our PP and give us another guy to put in the shootout. He is one of the most phenominal passers in the game, if he's there I'd go for him. I'm glad Sather hasnt made a move for a big player yet because players like Kovalev could become available at the deadline.
With Kovalev on this team our power play and Second line and first round win problems would be solved. Kovy is a complete playoff player, he is invisible during the season gaining his momentum for the playoffs and yes getting him would be amazing, but Montreal trading kovalev would be like the Yankees trading Jeter. He's a god out there, the canadians love him, the fans dont care if he doesnt show up every night, everytime he touches the puck the crowde gasps. He's not leaving Montreal, Bob Gainey isnt Sather.

Also he scored 44 goals in 2000 with the Pens, having Jagr and Straka on the team...these two guys love Kovy, and with the rumors of Lang coming back, THIS IS THE TIME TO make a move for Kovy. Im pretty sure Sather wont but as soon as Messier becomes G.M. its almost certain he's going after Kovalev. Besides Mess will let kovy play his game, if you guys havent noticed there isnt a coach besides Hlinka that let Kovy play his game. No wonder he's unoticable during the season.

Believe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I'm done with Kovalev. He seemed really disinterested here his second time around. And he doesn't really fill a need.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 11:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers get Steve Ott

Dallas gets Immonen and Pock.

Rangers get another gritty player. Rumors in Dallas is that Ott might be available with the play of Jokinen and Barch. Ott would give us another gritty north american player. And with all the fins on Dallas, Immonen would fit in. Might as well get something for Pock since he is ufa. Immonen would help the Stars. Hed help the Rangers but is "too slow"

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 11:48 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Like I said, someone will overpay for him, like we overpaid Cullen last year.

Terrible deal. At least Drury would be somewhat worth it. I just don't see him having another year like this, and that's part of the reason why I wouldn't want to sign him to that kind of money. Plus he'll be 31 soon. I'm not too crazy about giving him a huge deal like that. I'd rather go after Gomez, who is 3 years younger and pay him 6 million a year.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
Rangers get Steve Ott

Rangers get another gritty player. Rumors in Dallas is that Ott might be available with the play of Jokinen and Barch. Ott would give us another gritty north american player. And with all the fins on Dallas, Immonen would fit in. Might as well get something for Pock since he is ufa. Immonen would help the Stars. Hed help the Rangers but is "too slow"
This is actually one of your better proposals.

Ott and Immonen have similar trade value right now, so I would do that straight up if anything.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We dont need another gritty player, we got that in the Avery trade. If anything we need a true scoring forward or defenseman

Old
02-14-2007, 06:07 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Rangers get Steve Ott

Although it is a pretty decent proposal, the Rangers do not need another 3rd/4th line player. The Rangers area already loaded with Dupuis, Cullen, Orts, Orr, Hollweg, Betts, Prucha (although he should NOT be on the bottom 2 lines but whatever), and Krog. Not to mention the large amount of prospects that are considered 2nd-4th line players.

We need a defensman if anything imo.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
We dont need another gritty player, we got that in the Avery trade. If anything we need a true scoring forward or defenseman
Naa...I think we need more of a big, shutdown dman

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Although it is a pretty decent proposal, the Rangers do not need another 3rd/4th line player. The Rangers area already loaded with Dupuis, Cullen, Orts, Orr, Hollweg, Betts, Prucha (although he should NOT be on the bottom 2 lines but whatever), and Krog. Not to mention the large amount of prospects that are considered 2nd-4th line players.

We need a defensman if anything imo.
Happy Birfday !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Happy Birfday !

haha thanx. I'm an old man now! lol

Old
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
What about Erik Brewer + C Backman for M Malik, H Jessiman, K Rachunek, 1st round pick and T Pock?

Add - B Smolinski for J Immonen, J Krog, M Hossa (has been showcased and produced nicely of late raising value) + Wolfpacker/pick?

Lines then -

Straka- Nylander - Jagr
Avery - Smolinski - Shanny
Prucha - Cullen - Dupuis
Ortmeyer - Betts - Hollweg

Extras: Orr, Ibister, Callahan, Dawes

Defense:

Backman - Brewer
Ward - Tyutin
Rozsival - Girardi

Extra - Baranka, Purinton, Staal, Kaspar (cap space ??)

Deal K Weekes for a draft pick as well. Might as well get something in return. Call up Montoya

Sign Nylander + new UFA center after the season. Let training camp decide what youngsters get a future shot...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rangers get Steve Ott

I would do that

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
haha thanx. I'm an old man now! lol
Yeah right, I'm 9 years 11 months older than you

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah right, I'm 9 years 11 months older than you
haha just messing around. My fionce calls me a grandpa all the time and has been calling me an old man all morning lol.

Old
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I would do that
Don't take this the wrong way, but where would Ott play?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I would do that
I would hate to See Ott on the Rangers. He is basically the same player Hollweg is. And to give up Pock AND Immonen in a deal for him is a HUGE overpayment.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote