HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Visiting Fan's Guide to Philadelphia

Old
01-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Rad17

vCash: 500
Are there any good "Gentlemen Clubs" in the South Philly area anyone can recommend? I've seen old reviews from Cheerleaders, Club Onyx, and Show and Tel. Some nude, some topless only. Any ideas?

Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad17 View Post
Are there any good "Gentlemen Clubs" in the South Philly area anyone can recommend? I've seen old reviews from Cheerleaders, Club Onyx, and Show and Tel. Some nude, some topless only. Any ideas?
There used to be a detailed review of these clubs on the first page of this thread in "spoilers" text so it wasn't immediately view-able, but helpful for those like you seeking answers. It apparently has been edited out.

From what I know from driving by these places, radio talk, advertisement and word of mouth I've gathered that Club Risque is one of the better ones. I think Cheerleaders still accepts ticket stubs from that nights sporting events in place of cover charges if you are also in town for an event.

I'm not big on these places, so maybe someone else can help you further.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Rad17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
There used to be a detailed review of these clubs on the first page of this thread in "spoilers" text so it wasn't immediately view-able, but helpful for those like you seeking answers. It apparently has been edited out.

From what I know from driving by these places, radio talk, advertisement and word of mouth I've gathered that Club Risque is one of the better ones. I think Cheerleaders still accepts ticket stubs from that nights sporting events in place of cover charges if you are also in town for an event.

I'm not big on these places, so maybe someone else can help you further.
Thanks for the help. I don't go to many myself, but its a boys weekend for the hockey game and we thought we check one out.

Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Bonk

We're coming in for the draft in late June and are debating whether to stay near the rink or downtown.

I'd prefer to stay near the rink because we have to go there three times (pre-draft meeting, first round and the next day for the subsequent rounds).

My questions are: 1) Are there any bars that would be open near the rink late at night? It looks pretty sparse in that area. And 2) assuming there are, is that a safe area to walk around at say, 1 a.m. on a Friday or Saturday?

Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
We're coming in for the draft in late June and are debating whether to stay near the rink or downtown.

I'd prefer to stay near the rink because we have to go there three times (pre-draft meeting, first round and the next day for the subsequent rounds).

My questions are: 1) Are there any bars that would be open near the rink late at night? It looks pretty sparse in that area. And 2) assuming there are, is that a safe area to walk around at say, 1 a.m. on a Friday or Saturday?
1) Xfinity Live is located right outside of the stadiums in that area. Several bars are inside of the building. Bars in Philly are required by state law to close at 2AM. Below is a link to Xfinity Live. There is also a bar in Citizens Bank Park called McFadden's which is right there too.

http://xfinitylive.com/

2) I would say it is probably the safest area in the city. There won't be random people on the street since there isn't housing or anything in the area. Also it's an open area so there isn't anywhere for people to hide or anything.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Bonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
1) Xfinity Live is located right outside of the stadiums in that area. Several bars are inside of the building. Bars in Philly are required by state law to close at 2AM. Below is a link to Xfinity Live. There is also a bar in Citizens Bank Park called McFadden's which is right there too.

http://xfinitylive.com/

2) I would say it is probably the safest area in the city. There won't be random people on the street since there isn't housing or anything in the area. Also it's an open area so there isn't anywhere for people to hide or anything.
OK, I did see those but wasn't sure if they'd be open if there weren't any games going on at the arena/stadiums. Thanks a lot!

Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 05:25 PM
flyinglizard045

Send a message via Skype™ to flyinglizard045
Hello all,

Sharks fan coming in peace. I will be attending the Sharks vs Flyers game on Feb 27th and was just wondering how the home fans are towards visiting fans? I've heard some stories where some of the home fans don't exactly welcome visitors with open arms. Are they as bad as people say they are?

flyinglizard045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglizard045 View Post
Hello all,

Sharks fan coming in peace. I will be attending the Sharks vs Flyers game on Feb 27th and was just wondering how the home fans are towards visiting fans? I've heard some stories where some of the home fans don't exactly welcome visitors with open arms. Are they as bad as people say they are?
The general rule of thumb is don't be a ****** in away colors and expect people not to be douches back. 99% of opposing fans that get crapped on usually have it coming. Its one thing to cheer but being obnoxious will almost always get negative attention.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 05:59 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Hello all,

Just be respectful. The worst you'll probably get is some playful jeers. Just laugh it off and you'll be fine. I don't think I've ever seen a really bad incident at a Flyers game. Eagles games though....

Enjoy the win. Unless our defenders grow brains over the Olympic break, it should be a blowout.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 02:41 PM
flyinglizard045

Thanks for the info guys.

Old
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Mötley. Crüe is in AC on Oct 25 which is a Saturday. If Flyers play within a few days and if. Eagles play that Sunday I am coming for sure. How far is AC from. Philly and what would be best way to get to Philly that Sunday morning if there is an. Eagles game, or is that even doable ?

Would most likely fly to Philly hopefully a Flyers game before and then go to AC for concert then back ?

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:23 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Mötley. Crüe is in AC on Oct 25 which is a Saturday. If Flyers play within a few days and if. Eagles play that Sunday I am coming for sure. How far is AC from. Philly and what would be best way to get to Philly that Sunday morning if there is an. Eagles game, or is that even doable ?

Would most likely fly to Philly hopefully a Flyers game before and then go to AC for concert then back ?
Start here...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g6...om.Philly.html

... until others make suggestions.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 08:38 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

An hour depending on traffic from Downtown AC to the stadiums. AC Expressway.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 12:58 PM
li7039

Coming down for the March 1st game. I have a 6:20 train back to New York following the game. Just wondering what's the best place in the sports complex for a cheesesteak? I'm traveling with someone in a power wheelchair so hitting McFaddens or Xfinity live would be the easiest thing for us. Any suggestions? Really looking forward to the game. Had an absolute blast at the Winter Classic and had no issues with the fans outside of some playful jabs, hope this trip is just as much fun.

li7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
Coming down for the March 1st game. I have a 6:20 train back to New York following the game. Just wondering what's the best place in the sports complex for a cheesesteak? I'm traveling with someone in a power wheelchair so hitting McFaddens or Xfinity live would be the easiest thing for us. Any suggestions? Really looking forward to the game. Had an absolute blast at the Winter Classic and had no issues with the fans outside of some playful jabs, hope this trip is just as much fun.
Are you actually going to the game or just hitting Xfinity Live/McFadden's to watch it? If you're going in i'd go to Campo's in the stadium for your cheesesteak. They aren't the best cheesesteaks in the city but they're the best you'll find in the area.

Old
02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Lepardi

Can I find retro gear at Wells Fargo Center? I'd like to buy a Ron Hextall t-shirt.

Lepardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
li7039

Quote:
Are you actually going to the game or just hitting Xfinity Live/McFadden's to watch it? If you're going in i'd go to Campo's in the stadium for your cheesesteak. They aren't the best cheesesteaks in the city but they're the best you'll find in the area.
Yeah I'm going to the game. Figured I'd ask around as I've heard xfinity has some good options and that McFadden's in the ball park is decent as well.

Got a pretty good seat in 112 I believe (Figure I'll be safe in the lower bowl I'm a Ranger fan) . Really looking forward to it.

li7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 10:49 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepardi View Post
Can I find retro gear at Wells Fargo Center? I'd like to buy a Ron Hextall t-shirt.
You can submit the same question in this thread also in our forum.

It deals with jerseys and is likely to get more responses.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1531605&page=6

Old
02-26-2014, 02:41 PM
flyinglizard045

Does anyone know if visiting fans are able to watch the visiting team practice? If so when and where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old
02-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Does anyone know if visiting fans are able to watch the visiting team practice? If so when and where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm going to say no. To my knowledge most teams will have their morning skates and practice at the Wells Fargo Center and it is not open to the public.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:23 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Practices for visiting teams are often held at the University of Penn rink as was the case today. Shootarounds, however, are normally held at the Wells Fargo rink and generally follow the Flyers. While Flyers' practices are almost always open, the shootarounds are not. That probably holds true for the Sharks for the shootaround tomorrow. Teams usually institute their own policies.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Practices for visiting teams are often held at the University of Penn rink as was the case today. Shootarounds, however, are normally held at the Wells Fargo rink and generally follow the Flyers. While Flyers' practices are almost always open, the shootarounds are not. That probably holds true for the Sharks for the shootaround tomorrow. Teams usually institute their own policies.
I had zero idea the teams practice at UPenn. I live right around the corner.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:47 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
I had zero idea the teams practice at UPenn. I live right around the corner.
It depends on ice availability at Wells Fargo. The Flyers held practices there years ago, too.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It depends on ice availability at Wells Fargo. The Flyers held practices there years ago, too.
Yeah it depends if the Sixers have a home game or not. When Hudler joined in on the Lakers' practice, they were heading over to Penn (they get dressed at WFC first )

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Hi all,

I've browsed the thread, but hoping I could get some specific recommendations...

The wife and I planning to come down for a Mets-Phillies game and spending the evening in Philly. The game is a 3 pm game so I was thinking of driving down early, and checking out either the xfinity live or Mcfaddens before the game. My question is what is the best neighborhood to wander/barhop after the game? I vaguely remember being at Market street years ago which if I recall seemed pretty lively, but I was in college then. I was also hoping to book a hotel that was reasonably easy to get to the SEPTA to take to the game. I can pick a hotel online, but I'm not familair with the different neighborhoods of the city.

thanks in advance for any tips you have.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote