HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
  #701
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
The Briere buyout makes a lot of sense to me, the rest though not so much.
Briere does if you're not going to sign Lacavelier

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
  #702
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
All the talk has been about PHI adding a d-man at the expense of all their forwards. Really don't see how them getting Eberle solves anything.
adding eberle and klefbom gives them anoher scoring threat to play with Giroux signed long term and a defensive prospect that is better than any they currently have.

losing simmonds and coburn saves them about $3.5M (Klef/SC salaries wash). Which gives them more room to go hard after a Girardi in the offseason

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 02:33 PM
  #703
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
adding eberle and klefbom gives them anoher scoring threat to play with Giroux signed long term and a defensive prospect that is better than any they currently have.

losing simmonds and coburn saves them about $3.5M (Klef/SC salaries wash). Which gives them more room to go hard after a Girardi in the offseason
I don't know they save money, because Eberle's $6M isn't small.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  #704
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I don't know they save money, because Eberle's $6M isn't small.
simmonds $4M Coburn 4.5M

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 02:47 PM
  #705
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
simmonds $4M Coburn 4.5M
Ah, fair enough, makes sense from all sides really, I wonder if the Oilers would include a Max Salary Retained Nick Schultz as well?

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 03:09 PM
  #706
Musashi
Registered User
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Who cares if it does, Eberle is the best player in the deal, and should command a decent return. If you're included a top-end defensive prospect as well, that's the price. It cost the Oilers Nothing to Keep these players, but it will cost them alot to sell them short.
He's maybe the most offensively skilled player in the trade but he also has the highest price tag. On a team overloaded with offensively skilled players in the top 6, it sure doesn't translate to offense. It costs the Oilers nothing? Not getting more established players to help facilitate the plethora of young players we have and would still have without Eberle, is what costs this team greatly. We can't continue making young players play in roles over their heads, especially with our crop of young defenseman coming along.

Not saying that is the best package we'll receive if we make a package of Eberle+Marincin/Klefbom available but failing to explore trades that will improve this team's weaknesses is bad management.

Musashi is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
  #707
Musashi
Registered User
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
adding eberle and klefbom gives them anoher scoring threat to play with Giroux signed long term and a defensive prospect that is better than any they currently have.

losing simmonds and coburn saves them about $3.5M (Klef/SC salaries wash). Which gives them more room to go hard after a Girardi in the offseason
Don't you think the Flyers would prefer to use the money they will have with Timonen and Meszaros coming off the books for Girardi, than try and save a couple million by trading their top minute eating defenseman, one of the better PWF's in the game, and a promising defensive center with some skill for a top liner who provides only offense and a promising defensive prospect?

Musashi is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 05:28 PM
  #708
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,809
vCash: 500
Made a giant roster template. Addresses some things. Here you go.

Eberle for Byfuglien + pick (less than a 2nd)
Gagner (50% retain), Musil, Pitlick for Berglund
Sign Kulemin
Re-sign Hemsky, Smyth
Trade Hendricks and Arcobello for J.Mitchell, re-sign John Mitchell
Sign Bernier
Trade 2014 1st rounder to BUF for Ehrhoff (2M cap hit), Grigorenko, Pysyk
Flip Grigorenko with Marincin and a 3rd in 2015 to FLA for Brian Campbell (at 3.75M retain)
Re-sign Scrivens
Offer sheet James Reimer, one year, 3.2M, (making him paid more than Bernier, Leafs up at the cap, so they let him go), 2nd rounder in 2015 is the compensation

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Berglund-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Hemsky
Smyth-Mitchell-Bernier
Gazdic

Ehrhoff-Petry
Campbell-Ference
J.Schultz-Pysyk
Fedun

Scrivens
Reimer

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 05:36 PM
  #709
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Made a giant roster template. Addresses some things. Here you go.

Eberle for Byfuglien + pick (less than a 2nd)
Gagner (50% retain), Musil, Pitlick for Berglund
Sign Kulemin
Re-sign Hemsky, Smyth
Trade Hendricks and Arcobello for J.Mitchell, re-sign John Mitchell
Sign Bernier
Trade 2014 1st rounder to BUF for Ehrhoff (2M cap hit), Grigorenko, Pysyk
Flip Grigorenko with Marincin and a 3rd in 2015 to FLA for Brian Campbell (at 3.75M retain)
Re-sign Scrivens
Offer sheet James Reimer, one year, 3.2M, (making him paid more than Bernier, Leafs up at the cap, so they let him go), 2nd rounder in 2015 is the compensation

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Berglund-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Hemsky
Smyth-Mitchell-Bernier
Gazdic

Ehrhoff-Petry
Campbell-Ference
J.Schultz-Pysyk
Fedun

Scrivens
Reimer
Those are horrible.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 06:12 PM
  #710
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,311
vCash: 500
Read that Edler could be on the block. God how come a player like him can't be available from an Eastern team.

The Olympics highlighted that he, in fact, hasn't lost any real ability. His style of play doesn't suit Torts' system, and he plays much better on a puck possession team.

And the Flyers rumor doesn't surprise me. Coburn will be play in Oiler silks once before his career is over it seems.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 06:35 PM
  #711
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Read that Edler could be on the block. God how come a player like him can't be available from an Eastern team.

The Olympics highlighted that he, in fact, hasn't lost any real ability. His style of play doesn't suit Torts' system, and he plays much better on a puck possession team.

And the Flyers rumor doesn't surprise me. Coburn will be play in Oiler silks once before his career is over it seems.
I would honestly have no problem moving Eberle for Edler + Salary dump +, frankly that looks like a Great fit for the Oilers and the Nucks.

Maybe

To VAN: Eberle, Belov and Musil

To EDM: Edler, Hansen, Booth and a 2nd (or something like that)

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 06:59 PM
  #712
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,622
vCash: 500
I wonder if Mac T would contemplate getting involved between Tampa Bay and NYR to have a 3-way trade where St. Louis would end up in NYR.

dustrock is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
  #713
oilphan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I wonder if Mac T would contemplate getting involved between Tampa Bay and NYR to have a 3-way trade where St. Louis would end up in NYR.
I was just thinking the same thing. Something where Gagner and a good prospect ends up in Tbay, Hemmer and St. Louis end up in NY, and we get Callahan from NY and a pick from Tbay. If anyone will have an opportunity to do a deal with Slats, it should be MacT.

oilphan is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 07:37 PM
  #714
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. Something where Gagner and a good prospect ends up in Tbay, Hemmer and St. Louis end up in NY, and we get Callahan from NY and a pick from Tbay. If anyone will have an opportunity to do a deal with Slats, it should be MacT.
Wouldn't Callahan be our next Horcoff? He apparently wants 7M+ right now.

Clarkson was almost our next Horcoff, lets make sure Callahan doesn't take his place

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:05 PM
  #715
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
If there's anything behind Philly wanting Eberle, if we could flip him for Couturier, then flip Gagner for Grigorenko, how would people feel about this top 6 for next season?

Hall-Couturier-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Grigorenko

BarDownBobo is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:12 PM
  #716
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
If there's anything behind Philly wanting Eberle, if we could flip him for Couturier, then flip Gagner for Grigorenko, how would people feel about this top 6 for next season?

Hall-Couturier-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Grigorenko
Grigorenko is brutal.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:27 PM
  #717
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Grigorenko is brutal.
I honestly think he's going to end up here. Management put serious consideration into picking him #1 back in 2012.

BarDownBobo is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:44 PM
  #718
OnTheBrink
Registered User
 
OnTheBrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
If there's anything behind Philly wanting Eberle, if we could flip him for Couturier, then flip Gagner for Grigorenko, how would people feel about this top 6 for next season?

Hall-Couturier-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Grigorenko
Switch RNH and Couts and its not to bad, RNH is more suited as a #1 center and Couts is more suited as a #2 C, if that was our top 6 I would use lines of:

Hall - RNH - Yak
Perron - Couts- Grigs

Maybe switch Yak and Perron if Grigs and Yak have chemistry.

OnTheBrink is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:51 PM
  #719
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
Switch RNH and Couts and its not to bad, RNH is more suited as a #1 center and Couts is more suited as a #2 C, if that was our top 6 I would use lines of:

Hall - RNH - Yak
Perron - Couts- Grigs

Maybe switch Yak and Perron if Grigs and Yak have chemistry.
It might be a little bit early to be concerned with these line combos...

40oz is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:57 PM
  #720
ExOilerFan
Registered User
 
ExOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
If there's anything behind Philly wanting Eberle, if we could flip him for Couturier, then flip Gagner for Grigorenko, how would people feel about this top 6 for next season?

Hall-Couturier-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Grigorenko
I'd make it an even bigger trade with Philly

Eberle + 1st for Couturier + Simmonds + Coburn

Hall/RNH/Simmonds
Perron/Couturier/Yakupov


Coburn/J.Schultz
Marincin/Petry

ExOilerFan is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 08:59 PM
  #721
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,809
vCash: 500
Just a hypothetical:

If Gagner + Marincin + 1st in 2014 for Kesler + Edler was on the table, would you do it?

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 09:04 PM
  #722
ExOilerFan
Registered User
 
ExOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Just a hypothetical:

If Gagner + Marincin + 1st in 2014 for Kesler + Edler was on the table, would you do it?
Yup. I'd do that trade for sure but would Vancouver?

ExOilerFan is online now  
Old
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
  #723
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I honestly think he's going to end up here. Management put serious consideration into picking him #1 back in 2012.
LOL, and then he went 12th...

Too funny.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 09:40 PM
  #724
OILSLICK94
Registered User
 
OILSLICK94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Just a hypothetical:

If Gagner + Marincin + 1st in 2014 for Kesler + Edler was on the table, would you do it?
I think you have to make that deal. As much as I "hate" Kesler, only down fall is they have NMC, and Kesler can bolt in 2 years. and the Oilers are left with Edler alone from that package.

Just for kicks, 2014/15 lineup
Hall RNH Yakupov
Perron Kesler Eberle
FA Signing Gordon Pitlick
Gazdic Hendricks Joensuu
Ex. Arcobello

Edler J.Schultz
FA Signing Petry
Ference Nurse (if he is ready)
Fedun

Hiller (FA Signing)
Scrivens (resign)


Last edited by OILSLICK94: 02-26-2014 at 09:49 PM.
OILSLICK94 is offline  
Old
02-26-2014, 09:42 PM
  #725
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Made a giant roster template. Addresses some things. Here you go.

Eberle for Byfuglien + pick (less than a 2nd)
Gagner (50% retain), Musil, Pitlick for Berglund
Sign Kulemin
Re-sign Hemsky, Smyth
Trade Hendricks and Arcobello for J.Mitchell, re-sign John Mitchell
Sign Bernier
Trade 2014 1st rounder to BUF for Ehrhoff (2M cap hit), Grigorenko, Pysyk
Flip Grigorenko with Marincin and a 3rd in 2015 to FLA for Brian Campbell (at 3.75M retain)
Re-sign Scrivens
Offer sheet James Reimer, one year, 3.2M, (making him paid more than Bernier, Leafs up at the cap, so they let him go), 2nd rounder in 2015 is the compensation

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Berglund-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Hemsky
Smyth-Mitchell-Bernier
Gazdic

Ehrhoff-Petry
Campbell-Ference
J.Schultz-Pysyk
Fedun

Scrivens
Reimer
Hemsky is not going to resign here to play on the 3rd line.
Buf is not the answer as a dman as he is terrible at playing defense and his fitness level is not what Eakins wants.
If you are going to offer sheet him you do it for more than one year

rockinghockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.