HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky talks about his future

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2014, 08:34 PM
  #126
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Isn't it? How far from the truth would it be?

On what basis?

Smyth is still playing greasy, fighting for pucks, stimulating offense and making linemates better while getting 3rd and 4th line rotations and most games out there he's a warrior. In a handful of games this season he's looked like the best player on the club. Can you name ANY game this year where Hemsky has looked like the best player on the club?
There have been a few games where he actually gave his all and was very good. That peaces me off more than him not being able to do it.

Hemsky needs something to drive him then his game steps up. Playoffs, Olympics, whatever, needs something. I think he is bored playing here. Hopefully a new location will get him playoffs.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 08:37 PM
  #127
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Smyth has looked like the best player on the club? I've watched every game in its entirety this year but one. I must've fallen asleep or something.

Hemsky is drastically better at hockey than Smyth. I can't believe I'm even typing this out.

When we trade Smyth at the deadline for a 4th but trade Hemsky for a 2nd will you believe me?
Hemsky for a second sucks. MacT probably feels that way too and is having a hard time doing a trade.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 08:41 PM
  #128
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Hemsky for a second sucks. MacT probably feels that way too and is having a hard time doing a trade.
I agree, I'd rather just keep him but I'm trying to be realistic.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:06 PM
  #129
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Smyth has looked like the best player on the club? I've watched every game in its entirety this year but one. I must've fallen asleep or something.

Hemsky is drastically better at hockey than Smyth. I can't believe I'm even typing this out.

When we trade Smyth at the deadline for a 4th but trade Hemsky for a 2nd will you believe me?
Smyth has ALWAYS been a better player than Hemsky and not even close.

Both are offensive wingers. Correct? The objective for offensive forwards is scoring goals. let me know when Hemsky ever scores 39 goals in a season. Or when he puts up 5 +30 goal seasons, or when he helps out on the pk, or when he makes a worthwhile contribution on various lines.

Smyth has 400NHL goals. Hemsky, in his his wasted NHL career can only dream of a lofty total like that. Hemsky has lol 140 career goals. That's it. That's all.

Smyth scored 36 goals the year he turned 30. He added 30assists. Hemsky is a bit washed up player by the age of 30 not even able to crack the topsix on the worst team in the league.

Theres no points for artistry in hockey. Hemsky goals are pretty, Smyth goals are regular. They ALL count the same.

Can't even believe I'm having to type this


Last edited by Replacement: 02-26-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:11 PM
  #130
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Smyth has ALWAYS been a better player than Hemsky and not even close.

Both are offensive wingers. Correct? The objective for offensive forwards is scoring goals. let me know when Hemsky ever scores 39 goals in a season. Or when he puts up 5 +30 goal seasons, or when he helps out on the pk, or when he makes a worthwhile contribution on various lines.

Smyth has 400NHL goals. Hemsky, in his his wasted NHL career can only dream of a lofty total like that. Hemsky has lol 140 career goals. That's it. That's all.

Theres no points for artistry in hockey. Hemsky goals are pretty, Smyth goals are regular. They ALL count the same.

Can't even believe I'm having to type this
Then don't. Hemsky is a better player this year. Smyth is hanging on to the past (as you seem to be).

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:17 PM
  #131
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Smyth has ALWAYS been a better player than Hemsky and not even close.

Both are offensive wingers. Correct? The objective for offensive forwards is scoring goals. let me know when Hemsky ever scores 39 goals in a season. Or when he puts up 5 +30 goal seasons, or when he helps out on the pk, or when he makes a worthwhile contribution on various lines.

Smyth has 400NHL goals. Hemsky, in his his wasted NHL career can only dream of a lofty total like that. Hemsky has lol 140 career goals. That's it. That's all.

Smyth scored 36 goals the year he turned 30. He added 36assists. Hemsky is a bit washed up player by the age of 30 not even able to crack the topsix on the worst team in the league.

Theres no points for artistry in hockey. Hemsky goals are pretty, Smyth goals are regular. They ALL count the same.

Can't even believe I'm having to type this
I'm talking about the Hemsky and Smyth of today. Smyth used to be an absolute monster but age caught up to him very fast, at this point in both of their careers Hemsky is a better player. He can still skate, is still one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league, is still terrific at breaking through the neutral zone.

I'm not sure Smyth is "great" at anything anymore. Love the guy though.

If we're comparing career numbers then Smyth obviously comes out on top and had a more impressive career but if we're comparing them today, on Feb 26 2014 then the obvious answer is Hemsky.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:19 PM
  #132
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Then don't. Hemsky is a better player this year. Smyth is hanging on to the past (as you seem to be).
Smyth is 38. Do I really have to state that? I made the comparison for effect that theres really a negligible difference between the players even though Smyth is by comparative hockey standards a senior citizen.

That Hemsky, in prime of life, can't separate himself from a player who is past hockey retirement age should factor in this discussion.

As mentioned Smyth tallied 36G 30A 66pts as a 30 yr old NHL player.

Hemsky for some reason is far away from putting up those kind of numbers. Why is it that Hemsky has regressed so much?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
  #133
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I'm talking about the Hemsky and Smyth of today. Smyth used to be an absolute monster but age caught up to him very fast, at this point in both of their careers Hemsky is a better player. He can still skate, is still one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league, is still terrific at breaking through the neutral zone.

I'm not sure Smyth is "great" at anything anymore. Love the guy though.

If we're comparing career numbers then Smyth obviously comes out on top and had a more impressive career but if we're comparing them today, on Feb 26 2014 then the obvious answer is Hemsky.
OK, thanks. You were starting to resemble one of those eternal Smyth haters that seem to frequent the board at times.

So Hemsky is better than a 38 yr old Smyth, although I'm still not sure how. Smyth has outscored him while being saddled with guys like Gazdik and whoever.

Its no great shakes that Hemskys performance can even be compared to a 38yr old player with a million miles on the odometer

hemsky certainly isn't great at anything more and you can strike great 1 on 1 off the charts. Hemsky has 3 goals in his last 30GP. He's averaged 10 goals/yr in his last 5seasons. Raffi Torres is prolific from that perspective..


Last edited by Replacement: 02-26-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:33 PM
  #134
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
OK, thanks. You were starting to resemble one of those eternal Smyth haters that seem to frequent the board at times.

So Hemsky is better than a 38 yr old Smyth, although I'm still not sure how. Smyth has outscored him while being saddled with guys like Gazdik and whoever.

Its no great shakes that Hemskys performance can even be compared to a 38yr old player with a million miles on the odometer
Smyth should make the Oiler hall of fame, Hemsky not even in the neighborhood. Agreed

But we are talking about Hemsky's future right now not how he compares to others (unless it has something to do with his future). I feel he has to be worth more than a second. Second round picks almost never even stick in the NHL at all. And it's not like it would be our second, it would be the second of a contender so mid-late choice.

Better off trading for, well, don't know. Make them take someone we want to get rid of as a package then a second isn't as bad.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
  #135
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
OK, thanks. You were starting to resemble one of those eternal Smyth haters that seem to frequent the board at times.

So Hemsky is better than a 38 yr old Smyth, although I'm still not sure how. Smyth has outscored him while being saddled with guys like Gazdik and whoever.

Its no great shakes that Hemskys performance can even be compared to a 38yr old player with a million miles on the odometer

hemsky certainly isn't great at anything more and you can strike great 1 on 1 off the charts. Hemsky has 3 goals in his last 30GP. He's averaged 10 goals/yr in his last 5seasons. Raffi Torres is prolific from that perspective..
It's been a rough couple years for Hemmer forsure, I thought he was playing really good in 09-10 and 10-11 but both of his shoulders ended up giving out and both seasons ended with an injury sadly.

We also need to keep in mind at 30 years old Ryan Smyth was playing on the first line with the best players the Oilers had to offer meanwhile Hemsky is relegated to a 3rd line role with Gordon and Smyth/Jones. Smytty was also a mainstay on the 1st unit PP back then, Hemsky barely gets 2nd unit PP time.

I honestly believe if Hemsky is given 1st line minutes and 1st unit PP time he could still pot 60 points but there's no need for that on this team -- we have better options.

Also Hemsky has never been a goal scorer so I don't think it's fair to only point to his goal totals while ignoring the rest of his points (even though they aren't great this year or last).

And Hemsky is still a great skater, still has great hands, still flys through the neutral zone around players more effortlessly then 90% of the guys in the league, he still has his skills.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
  #136
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Smyth should make the Oiler hall of fame, Hemsky not even in the neighborhood. Agreed
Yep, major difference in players.

Quote:
But we are talking about Hemsky's future right now not how he compares to others (unless it has something to do with his future)
But Hemskys future at least as based on his last 5 seasons is tenuous at best. Really without a few topflight years I think the team might have completely given up on Hemsky. he's been a shadow of his former self for quite a longwhile.

Quote:
I feel he has to be worth more than a second. Second round picks almost never even stick in the NHL at all. And it's not like it would be our second, it would be the second of a contender so mid-late choice.

Better off trading for, well, don't know. Make them take someone we want to get rid of as a package then a second isn't as bad.
WE need players not picks but I don't know we get much of a player for Ales Hemsky at this stage. Probably have to package to get much in return.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:44 PM
  #137
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
The only kind of player Hemsky would be bringing back is a player who's contract is also expiring.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:46 PM
  #138
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Here's a nice list... look at the guys who Hemsky has kept up with.

The last 2 years have been rough (new role, less ice time, less PP time, recovering from surgery)



He really doesn't get enough credit around here

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
  #139
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
It's been a rough couple years for Hemmer forsure, I thought he was playing really good in 09-10 and 10-11 but both of his shoulders ended up giving out and both seasons ended with an injury sadly.

We also need to keep in mind at 30 years old Ryan Smyth was playing on the first line with the best players the Oilers had to offer meanwhile Hemsky is relegated to a 3rd line role with Gordon and Smyth/Jones. Smytty was also a mainstay on the 1st unit PP back then, Hemsky barely gets 2nd unit PP time.

I honestly believe if Hemsky is given 1st line minutes and 1st unit PP time he could still pot 60 points but there's no need for that on this team -- we have better options.

tbh this probably isn't something you should believe. Hemsky as it is this year gets 2.5mins/game PP time and does very little with it. Theres virtually nothing that lends one to believe he'd be anything more than a 40something pt player even with every toi blessing the team could give him.

He's just not that player anymore.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:51 PM
  #140
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Here's a nice list... look at the guys who Hemsky has kept up with.

The last 2 years have been rough (new role, less ice time, less PP time, recovering from surgery)



He really doesn't get enough credit around here
if you looked at per season stats it would be entirely different numbers. Of course the only numbers that actually count are the ones actually accrued.

Hemsky is made to look a lot better than he's been by pretending he hasn't missed 120GP in last 5 seasons. He's averaged around 10 goals and 30pts/year in those seasons. That's the reality.

In anycase I'm not sure how these are players that hemsky has "kept up with" he's bottom of the ledger by a wide margin the last few years.

Also, Hemsky was the beneficiary of a lot of those Smyth 30ish goal seasons. Smyth sure didn't require Hemsky to pot those.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 09:53 PM
  #141
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
He's not great on the PP I agree, never really has been either but you're bound to pad your stats more if you're fed PP time. He's on pace for basically 40 pts right now in a full season (39) while playing for the damn Oilers, on the 3rd line, in the hardest conference in the entire NHL.

I don't think it's that far fetched, he's definitely under performing here anyways regardless of what numbers he'd put up. But even saying that it doesn't really matter because he doesn't have any value, and we really don't have much use for him here either.

Crappy situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
if you looked at per season stats it would be entirely different numbers. Of course the only numbers that actually count are the ones actually accrued.

Hemsky is made to look a lot better than he's been by pretending he hasn't missed 120GP in last 5 seasons. He's averaged around 10 goals and 30pts/year in those seasons. That's the reality.
Yes, there's a point-per-game stats so that should be taken into account also. To be fair everyone's games missed are ignored using this table so they all "benefit" from that but Hemsky would more so then the others probably because I'm sure he's leading in games missed due to injury.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
  #142
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He's not great on the PP I agree, never really has been either but you're bound to pad your stats more if you're fed PP time. He's on pace for basically 40 pts right now in a full season (39) while playing for the damn Oilers, on the 3rd line, in the hardest conference in the entire NHL.
He won't hit 40 without getting hot. Theres only 22 games left. Hemsky has missed several games again this season. Hemsky ever hitting 60pt season again would require a high level of commitment, consistency, and good health. I'll be blunt. Its not happening for him anywhere in the NHL. I'll be here for posterity if anybody wants it as a bet



Quote:
I don't think it's that far fetched, he's definitely under performing here anyways regardless of what numbers he'd put up. But even saying that it doesn't really matter because he doesn't have any value, and we really don't have much use for him here either.
Yep. Its sad how its played out.

perhaps the saddest thing is how many younger Oiler fans who haven't had much to cheer for have had this player to think about as their favorite player. So its sad how that player has turned into a guy that can't even fit into a lineup in the worst team of the league. I mean that sincerely, its kind of depressing I imagine. Thankfully I've been around to have had much better favorite Oiler players. I was never really sold on Hemsky tbh, but primarily due to knowing what great or even very good players look like.


Last edited by Replacement: 02-26-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:19 PM
  #143
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
He won't hit 40 without getting hot. Theres only 22 games left. Hemsky has missed several games again this season. Hemsky ever hitting 60pt season again would require a high level of commitment, consistency, and good health. I'll be blunt. Its not happening for him anywhere in the NHL. I'll be here for posterity if anybody wants it as a bet
I don't think he will either, he's on pace for under 40 in an 82 game season and he's already missed 7 or so games. I also agree he probably won't see 60 points again because he likely won't ever get an opportunity on a teams first line for an entire season. But if he did, I think he could put up the points still... I'm just not sure the team he's playing on is going to be very successful.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yep. Its sad how its played out.

perhaps the saddest thing is how many younger Oiler fans who haven't had much to cheer for have had this player to think about as their favorite player. So its sad how that player has turned into a guy that can't even fit into a lineup in the worst team of the league. I mean that sincerely, its kind of depressing I imagine. Thankfully I've been around to have had much better favorite Oiler players. I was never really sold on Hemsky tbh, but primarily due to knowing what great or even very good players look like.
I'm 27 so I missed the glory years and caught on in the early 90's. Hemsky is one of my favourite Oilers ever and I'll miss him when he's gone. Like him or not I think we all owe him the respect to admit he was a very good player for us while he was here, he was one of the only good players for quite a long time. I hope he has success where ever he goes.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:24 PM
  #144
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I don't think he will either, he's on pace for under 40 in an 82 game season and he's already missed 7 or so games. I also agree he probably won't see 60 points again because he likely won't ever get an opportunity on a teams first line for an entire season. But if he did, I think he could put up the points still... I'm just not sure the team he's playing on is going to be very successful.





I'm 27 so I missed the glory years and caught on in the early 90's. Hemsky is one of my favourite Oilers ever and I'll miss him when he's gone. Like him or not I think we all owe him the respect to admit he was a very good player for us while he was here, he was one of the only good players for quite a long time. I hope he has success where ever he goes.
Yep. The exposure that we each have has so much to do with our respective views. Its why my view on Hemsky would be so much different than some much younger Oiler fan.

That said your favorite Oiler could, and perhaps should be Doug Weight. Well it should actually.

Thanks for the discussion.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:27 PM
  #145
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Here's a nice list... look at the guys who Hemsky has kept up with.

The last 2 years have been rough (new role, less ice time, less PP time, recovering from surgery)



He really doesn't get enough credit around here
Thing you have to take into consideration is that Hemsky brings no intangibles to the game so all that's left to consider is points, and his points are heavily weighted towards assists.

Most of the other players on that list bring other things to the game; some of them are snipers, some are physical and stand up for their teammates, some are good enough defensively to be shutdown players while they provide more offense.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:33 PM
  #146
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yep. The exposure that we each have has so much to do with our respective views. Its why my view on Hemsky would be so much different than some much younger Oiler fan.

That said your favorite Oiler could, and perhaps should be Doug Weight. Well it should actually.

Thanks for the discussion.
Hey now, I said one of My actual favourite Oiler ever from my own time would be CuJo if I had to pick one. But Weight, Smyth, and Hemsky are all up there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Thing you have to take into consideration is that Hemsky brings no intangibles to the game so all that's left to consider is points, and his points are heavily weighted towards assists.

Most of the other players on that list bring other things to the game; some of them are snipers, some are physical and stand up for their teammates, some are good enough defensively to be shutdown players while they provide more offense.
This is true, the same could be said about quite a few players on the list aside from Hemsky too. I was never saying Hemsky has equal value or is as good as some of these guys I just think it's worth mentioning that he put up offense in line with some of the elite players in the NHL and maybe he should get more respect then he does.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:41 PM
  #147
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
I'm looking forward to Eberle developing on this team, along with Hall and RNH. With a decent coach I think those guys can be great but noone seems to be improving under Eakins. This coaching move might be a disaster for the franchise.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 10:58 PM
  #148
destro909
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Here's a nice list... look at the guys who Hemsky has kept up with.

The last 2 years have been rough (new role, less ice time, less PP time, recovering from surgery)



He really doesn't get enough credit around here
That chart actually does a good job of showing how far Hemsky's play has dropped off over the past few years. You can come up for all kinds of excuses for it, but the fact remains that he went from 0.92 PPG to 0.5 PPG and is not showing any signs of turning it around.

destro909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:52 PM
  #149
ScrillaVilla
Registered User
 
ScrillaVilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kamloops, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 265
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Thing you have to take into consideration is that Hemsky brings no intangibles to the game so all that's left to consider is points, and his points are heavily weighted towards assists.

Most of the other players on that list bring other things to the game; some of them are snipers, some are physical and stand up for their teammates, some are good enough defensively to be shutdown players while they provide more offense.
Sooooo... do points (you know, things equating to scoring goals) win hockey games or do intangibles?

Remember Hemmer during the 06 cup run? That was a player I'd have to say was bringing all sorts of "intangibles" to the ice.


Last edited by ScrillaVilla: 02-26-2014 at 11:58 PM.
ScrillaVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 11:57 PM
  #150
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrillaVilla View Post
Sooooo... do points (you know, things equating to scoring goals) win hockey games or do intangibles?
Hemsky has scored 140 goals in his entire NHL career. Statistically he's a dud in that respect and yet its oddly enough what his hilite reels are all about. Most of them are beauties, no doubt, but again this isn't figure skating. Fact of the matter is he doesn't score a lot of goals.

Next, he's nowhere near the sublime passer that people think he is. This team for years operated some very simple plays that even Omark could execute on occasion. Half of hemsky assists would probably be on passes across to a guy parked in lip of crease for a tap in. The scorecoff type goal. Much of the rest of his assists have Ryan Smyths name on them.

Finally, if you think Hemsky has much to do with winning you must've visited the worng board by mistake. I don't that winning and Hemsky ought to be in the same sentence

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.