HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

General Discussion (All Team/Player News/UFA Talk) - Offseason thread part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2014, 09:52 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
And is this a one season mini-series, or will there be future seasons?
the next season will follow different characters and a different story

Old
02-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Sarge18

Saw the Lego Movie. President Business reminds me of Hugh Weber.

Old
02-20-2014, 10:49 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBoner Stabone View Post
Dexter is a great show and possibly ran a season or two too long that last episode was just awful, unless it was an opening for a reboot of Dexter.

Dexter has some leviety and it did get worse after the Arthur Mitchell season. The comic foil of Masuka kept it light and reminded you it is entertainment. Same goes for the Sopranos. You know they aren't comedies but did give you humor/dark humor along the way.

Part of the reason why Brotherhood didn't last is for that same reason, same goes for Carnivale.
I thought Dexter was good, it was entertaining, but great? In the realm of Sopranos? I don't think so, and I don't think it even really tried to be. Maybe I need to go back and watch the early seasons again, but the last 4-5 seasons were really formulaic and willingly cheesy. Still fun, but by no means great.

Old
02-20-2014, 11:32 AM
RMBoner Stabone

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
I thought Dexter was good, it was entertaining, but great? In the realm of Sopranos? I don't think so, and I don't think it even really tried to be. Maybe I need to go back and watch the early seasons again, but the last 4-5 seasons were really formulaic and willingly cheesy. Still fun, but by no means great.
The last two season ruined dexters legacy. It's a great show, but a notch below sopranos and a few others. Compared to what's on other channels.

Some will argue that dexter should of ended after the miguel Prado season.

Old
02-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Never knew anything about this comic or movie until I saw that trailer and I think it looks like it'll be awesome!
I followed a lot of the main marvel character movies as a kid but not that one. I've looked into it and the Racoon guy will be a fan favorite and talk amongst many when the movie comes out. If you saw Thor 2, the after credits scene directly ties into Guardians of the Galaxy. Also, the after credits scene if the Avengers ties into this movie as well.

Old
02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50

My nerd boner is through the roof right now

Old
02-26-2014, 12:44 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post

Walter white vs Godzilla.

Cant be any worse then Ferris Buller

Old
02-26-2014, 12:48 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:

Looks so damn good. That last scene of the trailer seeing Godzilla scream as the doors shut is awesome.

Old
02-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Ripshot 43

Only 2 episodes left of True Detective.... Whaaaaaaat?

And what's with all these young hot women throwing themselves at a 50 something Woody Harleson not that I mind for viewing purposes . Who was that last girl? She seemed very familiar.

Old
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post

And what's with all these young hot women throwing themselves at a 50 something Woody Harleson not that I mind for viewing purposes . Who was that last girl? She seemed very familiar.
I first though that too... like who the hell is this hot girl and why does she want him?

SpoilerI think she was the young girl he met at the brothel trailer park and he told her to do something else with her life.

Old
02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
devilsblood

Quote:

Yeah, this is the cheese that the show for the most part avoids. But the bodies on these women are ridiculous, especially the first girl. could you imagine the auditions?

Thought the 2nd of the 2 women was the girl from traffic. But it's not. Was on a show called Banshee?

Old
02-26-2014, 03:58 PM
devilsblood

Quote:

I so loved the original godzilla's in all their low tech splendor that I doubt I'll ever like a Hollywood version.

Must have watched Godzilla vs the Smog Monster a dozen times.

Old
02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBoner Stabone View Post
The last two season ruined dexters legacy. It's a great show, but a notch below sopranos and a few others. Compared to what's on other channels.

Some will argue that dexter should of ended after the miguel Prado season.
So went back and on-demanded the original season. Think I had only originally picked up watching it towards the end of the 1st season. The 1st episode(maybe its the pilot in that it was titled "dexter") was indeed excellent. About 4 episodes in, and yes, much much better then later seasons.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Was flying to Chicago from the 13th to the 29th....changed my depature flight to the 12th so I can see 10 years acoustic on the 13th in Joliet

Old
02-27-2014, 09:11 AM
lukester

Vikings second season premiere today. That show is awesome ! Similar to game of thrones but has a more historical feel. If you liked Spartacus, Rome , Game of Thrones, I think Vikings is worth the shot.

Old
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester View Post
Vikings second season premiere today. That show is awesome ! Similar to game of thrones but has a more historical feel. If you liked Spartacus, Rome , Game of Thrones, I think Vikings is worth the shot.
Another show that almost lost me 2 episodes in but I stuck to my rule of giving a show four episodes and BAM! After episode 3 or 4 I was hooked and it jumped up to the top of my list of shows that would never sit on my Dvr past a day. This show looks to only be getting started too.

Old
02-28-2014, 05:33 AM
Bcap88
Dat Shootout Doe

Started the wire about 3 weeks ago. Already finishe the series by far the best series I ever seen. Omar definately is my fav character. Anyone watch the blacklist or chicago fire on NBC?

Old
02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgriffey84 View Post
Started the wire about 3 weeks ago. Already finishe the series by far the best series I ever seen. Omar definately is my fav character. Anyone watch the blacklist or chicago fire on NBC?
I started watching Hostages on CBS and Blacklist on NBC at the same time and Blacklist blows Hostages away. It's a great show and I was very surprised at how much I like it.

...and the Wire is the amazing. WHERE'S WALLACE STRING?!

Old
02-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I started watching Hostages on CBS and Blacklist on NBC at the same time and Blacklist blows Hostages away. It's a great show and I was very surprised at how much I like it.

...and the Wire is the amazing. WHERE'S WALLACE STRING?!
The Wire is one of those shows that I didnt stick with I watched the first episode for about 20 minutes and it looked so old, I felt like I was watching the original 21 jump street from the 90s. I always see everyone say that it's one of their favorite shows ever, so I'm sure I'll give it a shot again sometime.

Old
02-28-2014, 01:40 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
The Wire is one of those shows that I didnt stick with I watched the first episode for about 20 minutes and it looked so old, I felt like I was watching the original 21 jump street from the 90s. I always see everyone say that it's one of their favorite shows ever, so I'm sure I'll give it a shot again sometime.
You have to force yourself to pay attention the first half of the first season while everything gets set up... but it goes off in a big way. I was watching episodes at work saying "I NEED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO D'ANGELO!!!!" You'll get there too just give it a chance. The last season was the only one I didn't like. It was a little ridiculous.

Old
02-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Bcap88
Dat Shootout Doe

Quote:
The production is a little dated. It gets better as the seasons go on. The plot and character dialogue are awesome. I agree with the post above the last season was kind of iffty little stale maybe its just cause I didnt really care to much about the newspaper. You will definately like all the other season's. I think season 2 is probably the most under rated one

Old
03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
The production is a little dated. It gets better as the seasons go on. The plot and character dialogue are awesome. I agree with the post above the last season was kind of iffty little stale maybe its just cause I didnt really care to much about the newspaper. You will definately like all the other season's. I think season 2 is probably the most under rated one
People didn't like season 2 because they changed gears on the crime source but I thought it was great.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:09 AM
RMBoner Stabone

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
People didn't like season 2 because they changed gears on the crime source but I thought it was great.
Season 2 on the wire was the best. Great angle and the story of the union crumbling is very true and the fact it just wasnt street corner dealing but the neighborhoods decaying as well.

Old
03-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Bcap88
Dat Shootout Doe

Season two was great. My fav seasons prob are 1,2,4,3,5. 1,2,4 are pretty much interchangeable. Brother Mouzone character was great . Such a proper gangster. Omar,Bunk and stringer are prob my three fav characters. Carver and Herc are great they add some good comedy

Old
03-02-2014, 07:57 PM
njdevil26

I'd have to say my fav character is McNulty. Such a crazy *******. "What the **** did I do?"

Closed Thread