HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
LOL, and then he went 12th...

Too funny.
He's a big center with good puck protection skills and is a very good passer, I'd be very interested in him. The only thing that would hold me back is character and work ethic issues as many scouts cited he had those issues. If it is not a perceived issue I would go relatively hard after him.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Hemsky is not going to resign here to play on the 3rd line.
Buf is not the answer as a dman as he is terrible at playing defense and his fitness level is not what Eakins wants.
If you are going to offer sheet him you do it for more than one year
Hemsky-that point may be legit. I'd hope not, but I'd understand
Byfuglien-If you actually took a look at the lineup, I didn't acquire him for D, I did for RW
Reimer-The reason why you do it for one year is because if the Leafs wanted to match, he'd be a UFA in a year and they wouldn't be able to trade him because of RFA matching rules. If it's for longer, Leafs match and trade him later.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You're probably just angry and confused, Gagner isn't in this one silly.
And here I thought we weren't allowed to trade Eberle

Old
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Made a giant roster template. Addresses some things. Here you go.

Eberle for Byfuglien + pick (less than a 2nd) NOT A FAN
Gagner (50% retain), Musil, Pitlick for Berglund HOLY OVERPAY
Sign Kulemin I LIKE IT
Re-sign Hemsky, Smyth RE-SIGN SMITTY, HEMMER NO ROOM SINCE EBERLE STAYS
Trade Hendricks and Arcobello for J.Mitchell, re-sign John Mitchell HENDRICKS GOING NOWHERE
Sign Bernier
Trade 2014 1st rounder to BUF for Ehrhoff (2M cap hit), Grigorenko, Pysyk NOT A CHANCE YOU GET ALL THAT FOR THE 1st
Flip Grigorenko with Marincin and a 3rd in 2015 to FLA for Brian Campbell (at 3.75M retain) THAT AIN'T HAPPENING PANTHERS ARE $$$ LOADING UP THIS SUMMER $$$
Re-sign Scrivens YES SIR
Offer sheet James Reimer, one year, 3.2M, (making him paid more than Bernier, Leafs up at the cap, so they let him go), 2nd rounder in 2015 is the compensation NOT SURE I LIKE A "LEAF" TANDEM Rather sign Khodobin to team up with Scrivens OR if Scrivens proves to be a solid backup, go balls out for Hiller

Hall-RNH-Byfuglien
Perron-Berglund-Yakupov
Kulemin-Gordon-Hemsky
Smyth-Mitchell-Bernier
Gazdic

Ehrhoff-Petry
Campbell-Ference
J.Schultz-Pysyk
Fedun

Scrivens
Reimer
My remarks are in bold above

Old
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
adding eberle and klefbom gives them anoher scoring threat to play with Giroux signed long term and a defensive prospect that is better than any they currently have.

losing simmonds and coburn saves them about $3.5M (Klef/SC salaries wash). Which gives them more room to go hard after a Girardi in the offseason
I can't see them trading Coburn now, I would rather do a deal and get Couturier and either Voracek or Simmonds. That would solve all of our top 6 problems and I know that PHI would love to have one of Eberle or Yak and they really wanted Marincin. I would throw in a little plus to make it happen. Then we just have to work on our dmen.

Do you guys think Niskanen can play a top pairing he doe in Pitts rite now? He is also still young.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Just a hypothetical:

If Gagner + Marincin + 1st in 2014 for Kesler + Edler was on the table, would you do it?
I think you have to make that deal. As much as I "hate" Kesler, only down fall is they have NMC, and Kesler can bolt in 2 years. and the Oilers are left with Edler alone from that package.

Just for kicks, 2014/15 lineup
Hall RNH Yakupov
Perron Kesler Eberle
FA Signing Gordon Pitlick
Gazdic Hendricks Joensuu
Ex. Arcobello

Edler J.Schultz
FA Signing Petry
Ference Nurse (if he is ready, if not Klefbom)
Fedun

Hiller (FA Signing)
Scrivens (resign)

Old
02-26-2014, 08:52 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 4m
Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Just a hypothetical:

If Gagner + Marincin + 1st in 2014 for Kesler + Edler was on the table, would you do it?
No. And only because I don't want Marincin to go in that deal. I'd do it if he was switched with Klefbom though.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:06 PM
rockinghockey

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi140226.html
PHI interested in Eberle

I like the pieces that PHI has that would really help this team. It would have to start with Courturier. Who would have to add and and what would have to be added. I would add to get Voracek. That would be a very nice top 6 with some size and skill in it.
Hall; RNH; Voracke
Perron; Couturier; Yak

Something like Eberle and Marincin they really liked him in the off season for Courturier and Voracek.

Having Klefbom and Nurse as left shooting dmen we can offered to move him. We are very deep with left shooting dmen in the prospect pool.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
He's a big center with good puck protection skills and is a very good passer, I'd be very interested in him. The only thing that would hold me back is character and work ethic issues as many scouts cited he had those issues. If it is not a perceived issue I would go relatively hard after him.
I'm not sneezing at a 12th overall pick, I just think it's funny that the Oilers were considering him at 1st and he went down to 12th.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:49 PM
ElFossum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi140226.html
PHI interested in Eberle

I like the pieces that PHI has that would really help this team. It would have to start with Courturier. Who would have to add and and what would have to be added. I would add to get Voracek. That would be a very nice top 6 with some size and skill in it.
Hall; RNH; Voracke
Perron; Couturier; Yak

Something like Eberle and Marincin they really liked him in the off season for Courturier and Voracek.

Having Klefbom and Nurse as left shooting dmen we can offered to move him. We are very deep with left shooting dmen in the prospect pool.
we'd have to add to that. Couts >> Marincin unfortunately. Although it is
Ebs > Voracek.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I'm not sneezing at a 12th overall pick, I just think it's funny that the Oilers were considering him at 1st and he went down to 12th.
He was in our top 5 clearly since he was one of the 5 people we brought into town to visit, I suspect he was 4th or 5th on our list. Based on Bob McKenzie we had Ryan Murray 1st based on our scouts votes, Nail would have to be the logical choice at #2, and from what I read Stu was very high on Griffin Reinhart I would assume that was our 3rd choice, beyond that I'm not sure. Having the 4th or 5th guy on your draft list slide to 12th overall is kind of unlikely but I'm sure it happens more often that most would think, we were being uncharacteristically open about who we wanted, whereas other teams are usually not so open.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
Switch RNH and Couts and its not to bad, RNH is more suited as a #1 center and Couts is more suited as a #2 C, if that was our top 6 I would use lines of:

Hall - RNH - Yak
Perron - Couts- Grigs

Maybe switch Yak and Perron if Grigs and Yak have chemistry.
I just like the balance it brings the other way. It gives you more like two 2A lines versus having a 1st and 2nd line, allowing you to roll with who's going on a nightly basis.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Then there's this…

@adater
Ryan Kesler has NOT requested a trade, his agent Kurt Overhardt tells me. Says reports saying so are "BS"

Edit: Something tels me that there's going to be a lot of this going on over the next week.

And isn't it nice that a story like this breaks and it's NOT about the Oilers?
The week is still young.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
lol.. what a mess in Vancouver. They'd be smart to start a rebuild right now. Don't wait until the Sedin's have low value like Calgary did with Iginla.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:32 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
lol.. what a mess in Vancouver. They'd be smart to start a rebuild right now. Don't wait until the Sedin's have low value like Calgary did with Iginla.
Shhhhh.....Gillis might be listening.....

Old
02-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Lindo

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

I don't like whatever Bob is hinting at here.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

What? I'd do Gagner for Toffoli, Pearson and Clifford. That's a no brainer for me. Toffoli replaces Hemsky, Clifford fills out our bottom 6 and Pearson gives us a top 6 threat down the road.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:39 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
What? I'd do Gagner for Toffoli, Pearson and Clifford. That's a no brainer for me. Toffoli replaces Hemsky, Clifford fills out our bottom 6 and Pearson gives us a top 6 threat down the road.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not what Bob is implying there. I think the Kings are looking to see if those players are ready, making Clifford expendable.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:40 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:

Gotta think that LA is seeing if they can get by without Clifford. Doubt either of Pearson or Toffoli would be included in a deal.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:49 PM
CurrenR

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not what Bob is implying there. I think the Kings are looking to see if those players are ready, making Clifford expendable.
I looked at it as if LA were evaluating which player that would benefit them the most to keep between Pearson and Toffoli and that Clifford is as good as gone.

Old
02-26-2014, 10:56 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrenR View Post
I looked at it as if LA were evaluating which player that would benefit them the most to keep between Pearson and Toffoli and that Clifford is as good as gone.
Agreed. You don't need both to replace one guy. This sounds as though a deal is fairly close

02-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Lindo

If at least one of Pearson or Vey aren't included MacT has failed miserably.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

I don't know who Vey is but Pearson sucked in the WJC so I don't want him. Toffoli is just another player we don't need as well.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Oh well, I guess if that's what Bob is saying...I was thinking they were showcasing them to the Oilers.

Closed Thread