HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dustin Tokarski

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2014, 03:36 PM
  #26
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Like to see DT get a few months to work with Waite....think he could be another Nemi. But doubt he will get the chance

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 03:43 PM
  #27
Pricenyuk
Montreal961
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Price needs to take some time off and finally get healthy. It's no secret that his groin has been bothering him for a long time. If we tank without Price, we tank. Big deal. We're not winning any championships this season anyway. Give Budaj the majority of starts, and give Tokarski some starts here and there until Price is better.

The thing about nagging injury is that they can come to a head at any time. If Price goes down in the playoffs because of this injury, its game over anyway.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
  #28
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Stupid Olympics, lol.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
  #29
Jamie Thomas
Registered User
 
Jamie Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You know what it means?

FUCALE BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great post

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:25 PM
  #30
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff
 
David Thicke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricenyuk View Post
Price needs to take some time off and finally get healthy. It's no secret that his groin has been bothering him for a long time. If we tank without Price, we tank. Big deal. We're not winning any championships this season anyway. Give Budaj the majority of starts, and give Tokarski some starts here and there until Price is better.

The thing about nagging injury is that they can come to a head at any time. If Price goes down in the playoffs because of this injury, its game over anyway.
It's not his groin. It is the same right knee that he injured in the fourth Playoff game against Ottawa. Once you strain the ACL or MCL, it is usually just a matter on time before it acts up again. It's possible to play through but for butterfly goalie, so much harder. I won't be surprised to hear that Price will undergo knee surgery in the off-season. I hope it doesn't happen earlier or the Habs playoff chances are done.

David Thicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
  #31
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
It's not his groin. It is the same right knee that he injured in the fourth Playoff game against Ottawa. Once you strain the ACL or MCL, it is usually just a matter on time before it acts up again. It's possible to play through but for butterfly goalie, so much harder. I won't be surprised to hear that Price will undergo knee surgery in the off-season. I hope it doesn't happen earlier or the Habs playoff chances are done.
That's just not true.

We're up 8-points on 8th place right now and Budaj is an incredible back-up goaltender. One of the best.

I see no reason to think that Budaj can't get us into the playoffs. Going deep? That's very unlikely to happen without Price, but getting into the playoffs with Budaj isn't impossible like you make it sound.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
  #32
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Have to say I'm not impressed with this kid after hist 1st game as a backup.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:46 PM
  #33
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Have to say I'm not impressed with this kid after hist 1st game as a backup.
I concur. Positionally he was weak. He didn't know where to stand when the women Olympians were taking the ice. And his arms were down at his sides. How is he going to stop a puck or hold a hot dog that way?

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:47 PM
  #34
boynickname
Registered User
 
boynickname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Have to say I'm not impressed with this kid after hist 1st game as a backup.
got to say the water that was in my month is now on the face of my little puppy

boynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:16 PM
  #35
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
That's just not true.

We're up 8-points on 8th place right now and Budaj is an incredible back-up goaltender. One of the best.

I see no reason to think that Budaj can't get us into the playoffs. Going deep? That's very unlikely to happen without Price, but getting into the playoffs with Budaj isn't impossible like you make it sound.
Have you seen this team play recently?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:09 PM
  #36
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 853
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Have you seen this team play recently?
Yeah but the way they have played makes very little difference if it's Budaj or Price as the goalies are not the issue.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:15 PM
  #37
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
Yeah but the way they have played makes very little difference if it's Budaj or Price as the goalies are not the issue.
It makes a difference because we are getting points solely because of goaltending. If the quality of goaltending dips from Price to Budaj (read: any goalie that's not a top 5 goalie) we will go on a prolonged losing streak.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 04:11 PM
  #38
finman8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I concur. Positionally he was weak. He didn't know where to stand when the women Olympians were taking the ice. And his arms were down at his sides. How is he going to stop a puck or hold a hot dog that way?
Seems to me he stopped 53 shots with 1 goal against your Kitchener Rangers to win the mem cup, I'd say he can probably stop a couple pucks. Guess his positioning was ok that night. You realize he got the call, flew & was on the ice a couple hrs. later the same day. Criticize him for lettin pucks in, not that he wasn't sure where to stand.

finman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 07:11 PM
  #39
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
Seems to me he stopped 53 shots with 1 goal against your Kitchener Rangers to win the mem cup, I'd say he can probably stop a couple pucks. Guess his positioning was ok that night. You realize he got the call, flew & was on the ice a couple hrs. later the same day. Criticize him for lettin pucks in, not that he wasn't sure where to stand.
No im sure you're wrong. This team can't afford a back up who cant keep his back up.

We know our goalies and postures here and im using mobile browser so i cant see your post count to fully judge your hockey iq and opinion on this subject.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 07:14 PM
  #40
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Have to say I'm not impressed with this kid after hist 1st game as a backup.
He looked soff on da bench.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:10 PM
  #41
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,884
vCash: 187
Kid lacks character on the bench

thaivuN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:13 PM
  #42
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
The least he could do is a good Dustin "Potato" Brown impression.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:34 AM
  #43
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff
 
David Thicke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
That's just not true.

We're up 8-points on 8th place right now and Budaj is an incredible back-up goaltender. One of the best.

I see no reason to think that Budaj can't get us into the playoffs. Going deep? That's very unlikely to happen without Price, but getting into the playoffs with Budaj isn't impossible like you make it sound.
I have to disagree with on this one. Yes, Budaj is an incredible back-up! That really is the point, he's a back-up not an NHL starter for a reason. The other problem is that he hasn't played as a starter in the last three years or under the strain of being the number one guy with an untested NHL back-up in Tokarski. It's also Montreal not Colorado and way more pressure to perform. Please don't get me wrong I really like Budaj and if Price goes down then I will be cheering really hard for Budaj to get the Habs into the playoffs and win the Cup. I am also realistic enough to know we aren't ready yet to be a Cup contender but anything can happen in the playoffs.

The 8-point lead can disappear pretty quickly if we slump. I just don't like the Habs odds of making the playoffs if Price's knee gets worse and he's out of action for this season. I am not saying this is the case with Price. I think the team is being over-cautious with him to make sure he's good for the rest of the year. I believe Price has been play with the knee problem for quite some time now. When he returns to action just watch him if the puck is in the other teams end or during stoppages, he has been flexing and stretching the right knee quite often during a game. I saw him do this before the Olympics and even more during the game against Team USA.

David Thicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
  #44
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
Seems to me he stopped 53 shots with 1 goal against your Kitchener Rangers to win the mem cup, I'd say he can probably stop a couple pucks. Guess his positioning was ok that night. You realize he got the call, flew & was on the ice a couple hrs. later the same day. Criticize him for lettin pucks in, not that he wasn't sure where to stand.
I guess the sarcasm metre is broken again.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.