HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

Old
02-19-2014, 08:35 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Watching the Canada-Latvia game today I realized that Kristians Pelss might have had an outside shot of making the Olympic team.
He wouldn't be the youngest player on the team, 6 of their players were born in the 90's. He'd be the same age as the goalie Gudļevskis. Plus he was really coming into his own in OKC and another year would have been huge. Really sucks.
Think he would have certainly bought into the Nolan system easily. It really is too bad.

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 12:04 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Watching the Canada-Latvia game today I realized that Kristians Pelss might have had an outside shot of making the Olympic team.
He wouldn't be the youngest player on the team, 6 of their players were born in the 90's. He'd be the same age as the goalie Gudļevskis. Plus he was really coming into his own in OKC and another year would have been huge. Really sucks.
One of those things I thought to myself - what a chance, he would have simply revelled in it. Anyone who's lucky enough to have the talent to play at that level would've, and he'd have had a great chance of being there. Just incredibly sad.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Man, I hope Moroz becomes a better play than Chris Neil. That guy sucks.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Mozesmadness
CANADA

Jackson Houck was having a bad February with no points in the first 7 games of the month now has 9 points in his last 3 games. Very good to see.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 12:22 AM
topchowda

Not an update, but some interesting facts

Chase is on pace to score 84 points this season, which is a 35 point (!) increase from last season.

He is also on pace for 36 goals this season, double what he had last season, and 5x what he had 2 seasons ago.

Pretty outstanding progression, and I wouldnt be suprised if he got some NHL games next season

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Neil is great.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 03:51 AM
gofafeads

Apparantely Klefbom got his first ahl goal last night and was a plus 2. Anybody know where you can watch okc game highlights, wanna see his goal.

gofafeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:29 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Not an update, but some interesting facts

Chase is on pace to score 84 points this season, which is a 35 point (!) increase from last season.

He is also on pace for 36 goals this season, double what he had last season, and 5x what he had 2 seasons ago.

Pretty outstanding progression, and I wouldnt be suprised if he got some NHL games next season
That's unreal! Good to see. I hope the Oil Kings and Hitmen meet in the playoffs, that series last year was fantastic.

The Oilers have to stop rushing guys though. Leave Chase in Calgary for at least one more year. Maybe he'll have a shot at the WJC.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 12:32 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
That's unreal! Good to see. I hope the Oil Kings and Hitmen meet in the playoffs, that series last year was fantastic.

The Oilers have to stop rushing guys though. Leave Chase in Calgary for at least one more year. Maybe he'll have a shot at the WJC.
I don't even think it will be their choice in rushing him. Some prospects , even lower round ones, force their way onto teams pretty quickly after being drafted. Saad and Shaw both just did it for Chicago.

No harm in leaving him in the whl for another year tho. I wonder where he would have went if he was having this type of season in his draft year. He was already a projected 2-3rd round pick who dropped for some reason

Old
02-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I don't even think it will be their choice in rushing him. Some prospects , even lower round ones, force their way onto teams pretty quickly after being drafted. Saad and Shaw both just did it for Chicago.

No harm in leaving him in the whl for another year tho. I wonder where he would have went if he was having this type of season in his draft year. He was already a projected 2-3rd round pick who dropped for some reason
Saad was projected as a top 10 pick before his draft year and Shaw was drafted after his 19 year old season.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofafeads View Post
Apparantely Klefbom got his first ahl goal last night and was a plus 2. Anybody know where you can watch okc game highlights, wanna see his goal.
The Oilers page usually has them, but if you want to see his goal just search TendTheFarm on twitter, he instagrammed it.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 11:22 PM
topchowda

Nurse with 3 assists

Old
02-27-2014, 12:00 AM
40oz

Nurse gets ranked as the #8 drafted prospect (no NHL experience or older than a '93).
Top Drafted Prospects

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
rockinghockey

Do you guys think Nurse is ready for the NHL next year. We have a lot of left shooting dmen prospects should we use one of Marincin or klefbom in a package for a established dman or 2c

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 12:59 PM
LTIR

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Do you guys think Nurse is ready for the NHL next year. We have a lot of left shooting dmen prospects should we use one of Marincin or klefbom in a package for a established dman or 2c
cant be sure with Dmen.. We all thought Klefbom would be making an impact in NHL by now. Nurse will get a 9game look next year for sure but way too early to start making room for him..
Harrington is also on this top 10 list and is a lot more NHL ready than Nurse... I am sure the Penguins are not shipping out Despres, Dumoulin to make room for him.
Let them duke it out in preseason and trade the weakest if we must..

LTIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:08 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wait and see for me. Odds are historically against him, but who knows.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
He's definitely better than options we have on the team right now.

Whether it's good for his development is the real concern.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Mozesmadness
CANADA

http://www.everettsilvertips.com/main/index

Highlights from Jujhar Khaira last night against PA go to the 1:20 mark. Plays like that are why people are so exited about this kid, plus he looks like a monster out there. WHL website has him listed at 6'4 215. He has been great at centre, dominant in face offs and has been playing on the second line against other teams top lines as a shutdown centre. His point totals are not what they should be but playing under Kevin Constantine and learning the defensive side of the game will help him down the road.

Old
02-27-2014, 06:01 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post

Highlights from Jujhar Khaira last night against PA go to the 1:20 mark. Plays like that are why people are so exited about this kid, plus he looks like a monster out there. WHL website has him listed at 6'4 215. He has been great at centre, dominant in face offs and has been playing on the second line against other teams top lines as a shutdown centre. His point totals are not what they should be but playing under Kevin Constantine and learning the defensive side of the game will help him down the road.
Jujhar Khaira's board work behind the net is elite.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 06:35 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post

His point totals have been disappointing, but if he has been thrust into a defensive role and that's the reason then I guess its more encouraging. Everett is a more defensive team, but most good 2nd liners put up much better numbers in junior.

Everytime I see him I see a guy with NHL ability, whether it be in a bottom six role or hopefully a 2nd line role. He has great vision along the boards (evidenced in that video, plus his sick assist to Yakupov in pre season). He also has good hands for a big player.

I hope he stays in Junior one more year, but gets traded to a team where he can be the #1 center. I think he could really explode then. Take Moroz, he didn't really take off till his draft +2 year where he was given more time with better linemates

Old
02-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Musashi

Quote:
Nurse gets ranked as the #8 drafted prospect (no NHL experience or older than a '93).
Top Drafted Prospects
Gotta laugh at all the hate Lazar got on these boards for being a possible draft choice for the Oilers last year.

Really liking Nurse and Khara's game. Some nice prospects who will go to war for this team in the future. Don't put too much stock into Khara's point totals, he brings the game and size this team will be able to utilize with the talent on the wings. There will be a learning curve for him on how to use his size effectively at the pro game but we got something there.

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 06:50 PM
LTIR

vCash: 300
Now that the Oilers own a ECHL team we can afford to get these kids out of juniors and get them playing against men sooner..

LTIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Mozesmadness
CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwick Bill View Post
Gotta laugh at all the hate Lazar got on these boards for being a possible draft choice for the Oilers last year.

Really liking Nurse and Khara's game. Some nice prospects who will go to war for this team in the future. Don't put too much stock into Khara's point totals, he brings the game and size this team will be able to utilize with the talent on the wings. There will be a learning curve for him on how to use his size effectively at the pro game but we got something there.
Agree 100% it will take time, but Khaira already plays a pro style game.

Last edited by Mozesmadness: 02-27-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old
02-27-2014, 09:37 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
Now that the Oilers own a ECHL team we can afford to get these kids out of juniors and get them playing against men sooner..
They can't leave Juniors any time sooner, they either have to play in the NHL or go back to their CHL team until they do 4 yrs in the CHL or are 20.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:05 PM
topchowda

Quote:
They can't leave Juniors any time sooner, they either have to play in the NHL or go back to their CHL team until they do 4 yrs in the CHL or are 20.
I think Khaira can go to the AHL, since he was drafted from the BCHL and played NCAA. But in general yes, no CHL drafted player can play in the ECHL until then