HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moving to Nashville

Old
01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Also found a place in the Hermitage area called "Oakwell Farms?" I think. Anyone heard any actual stories from people they know?
Yeah, one of my good friends lived there and liked it. The only reason he left was because him and his friends got a house. I went over a lot and even thought about renting there myself but decided on Stewarts Ferry Apartments which are right nearby.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I live in Hermitage and like it. Oakwell Farms is in a nice area and is near the interstate access ramp. It's an older complex and I've only been there once but my recollection is that it's pretty spacious. Cherry Creek and Canyon Ridge are newer complexes in the same general vicinity if that matters to you. On the other side of I-40 are LOTS of apartment complexes. One is Hamptons at Woodland Pointe. One of our employees lives there and says it's really nice.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 03:04 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

My brother also mentioned to me today about us renting a house instead. Guess I'm not sure what we'll do. Hendersonville and Hermitage both seem reasonable.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
My brother also mentioned to me today about us renting a house instead. Guess I'm not sure what we'll do. Hendersonville and Hermitage both seem reasonable.
Hermitage/Donelson is much more convenient to the downtown area (especially along the I-40 corridor which is loaded with apartments) than Hendersonville but I'm not sure how much that matters to you. I like the area but to each their own. I agree with Adz also, Cherry Creek is really nice. There are tons of complexes along exits 221 and 219 in Hermitage/Donelson

If you go the house route, I'd assume that would be a little more expensive as a whole in Hendersonville but that's a guess

Old
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Kel0906

I would think Hermitage to Bowling Green would be such a long drive everyday, even though it is only temporary. Houses in Hendersonville would definitely be more expensive. Whew, I sure do not miss house or apartment hunting lol.

Kel0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 09:28 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well after speaking to my brother we think we have narrowed it down to 2 areas: goodlettsville or White Bridge pike area. We both love the midtown area but it's too expensive right in the thick of things. How far is the drive from White Bridge to say "exit in" or even downtown to the arena? Is White Bridge Pike an ok area to live? For me it looks like I could just take the Briley up to I65 for my trip to BG.

Old
01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Well after speaking to my brother we think we have narrowed it down to 2 areas: goodlettsville or White Bridge pike area. We both love the midtown area but it's too expensive right in the thick of things. How far is the drive from White Bridge to say "exit in" or even downtown to the arena? Is White Bridge Pike an ok area to live? For me it looks like I could just take the Briley up to I65 for my trip to BG.

white bridge road area >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> goodlettsville

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
LongTooth

vCash: 100
kypred,

check your private messages.

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel0906 View Post
I would think Hermitage to Bowling Green would be such a long drive everyday, even though it is only temporary. Houses in Hendersonville would definitely be more expensive. Whew, I sure do not miss house or apartment hunting lol.
I'll be doing that in a decade's time or sooner, depending on what College idiot wants to pay me the most for my 864 SqFt Apartment ... 1BR/1BA in Melrose area

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I'll be doing that in a decade's time or sooner, depending on what College idiot wants to pay me the most for my 864 SqFt Apartment ... 1BR/1BA in Melrose area
where would you move to?

Old
01-27-2014, 06:28 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well, I have a job interview next week in Smyrna. This is a ways away from what I was looking at in Goodlettsville/Hendersonville. How long Smyrna from downtown? Is there plenty of options on the south side of town near I24?

Apparently Hickory Hollow mall is the ghetto???
What about Lenox Village?

Last edited by kypredsfan: 01-27-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old
01-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Well, I have a job interview next week in Smyrna. This is a ways away from what I was looking at in Goodlettsville/Hendersonville. How long Smyrna from downtown? Is there plenty of options on the south side of town near I24?

I live in Murfreesboro and can be home from a Preds game in just over 30 minutes depending on how well I get out of the Hilton garage. Smyrna is 10 minutes-ish closer to Nashville.

Hickory Hollow area is pretty sketchy ... wouldn't call it the ghetto though. New Predators practice facility/ice rink going into the old mall site. I'm sure there are areas near Hickory Hollow that would be ok.

While those of us in Murfreesboro have always looked down on Smyrna (no offense ... just how it was growing up here. Dad always said he wouldn't go to Smyrna for anything LOL) it is a nice community. If you are going to work in Smyrna, my suggestion would be live in Smyrna or Murfreesboro.

No info on Lennox ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 01:02 AM
twig

Quote:

Good luck with the job interview.
If you get the job,Smyrna/LaVerne area is an fine place to live.
Smyrna is three exists down 24 from the hickory hollow exit about 5 miles.
I'm guessing your going to exit 24 at Sam Ridley parkway for your interview.
you can find most everything there, you have four apartment communities, restaurants, movie theater,
Bowling, golf, shopping.
All on Sam Ridley.
Nice area ...very busy area.
You also have the lake and an inline hockey rink within five miles of 24 and Sam Ridley.
I think you would like the area, twenty minutes to the bridge.

The other exit off 24 in smyrna is a couple miles farther .just an industrial park and housing.

twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Smyrna/Murfreesboro is fine except for one thing, and that is the commute on 24 between Nashville and Rutherford County is the closest thing we have to a traffic nightmare that you'd find in a bigger city. However.....if you're working in Smyrna, not Nashville, that shouldn't affect you too much. I don't know a lot about Smyrna (I hear it's fine from most people) but living in The Boro would probably be a reasonable option if you're only commuting to there. Personally I think as a young guy you'd find Murfreesboro much more desirable than Smyrna.

Last edited by Drake744: 01-29-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old
01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
where would you move to?
I honestly have no idea, "The South of France"

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Nitrous Mafia

yes, that stretch of 24 is the wild wild west.

Old
01-29-2014, 10:40 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Interview is indeed off of Sam Ridley Parkway on Swan Drive by the airport. Looks like Lenox Village would be nice. I'll have to check them out.

Old
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

well I've now as of today had a job offer off of briley parkway near white bridge pike. I'm currently at my brothers new apt he just moved into at preston run in goodlettsville. I looked at the Lexington apartments and they are extremely pricey for what they are. I'm going to hold off for another week or so and hope for a job offer from Smyrna and live probably in Lenox Village but this is ok too.

Old
02-27-2014, 01:44 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I accepted the position as Nissan in Smyrna so I plan on moving to Lenox Village on Nolensville pike. The only question I have is about the area. How is it? It is off of Bell road just a bit yes but 4 miles from I24/Antioch side. Is this ok ya think? Security is pretty great to get in the building so I'm not concerned about that. If anyone has seen the "judgemental map of Nashville" that's been floating around it labels that Walmart up the road as the scary walmart and the area in general as Iraq. Any advice before I pay deposits this weekend???

Old
02-27-2014, 02:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I accepted the position as Nissan in Smyrna so I plan on moving to Lenox Village on Nolensville pike. The only question I have is about the area. How is it? It is off of Bell road just a bit yes but 4 miles from I24/Antioch side. Is this ok ya think? Security is pretty great to get in the building so I'm not concerned about that. If anyone has seen the "judgemental map of Nashville" that's been floating around it labels that Walmart up the road as the scary walmart and the area in general as Iraq. Any advice before I pay deposits this weekend???
That area isn't bad at all, I like it. Really close to being Nolensville.

North of there, I'd be wary.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Congrats on the job too, you'll be happy at Nissan.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 02:37 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That area isn't bad at all, I like it. Really close to being Nolensville.

North of there, I'd be wary.
Thanks,
I plan on staying south for sure. Nolensville is just down the road. Plus when the Preds finish up at hickory hollow mall then there will be ice nearby to play on

But as an example, let's say I24 is shut down going north and I'm trying to head that direction. Is Nolensville pike still ok to get to town or would you just go over to 65 and take it instead?

Last edited by kypredsfan: 02-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old
02-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Thanks,
I plan on staying south for sure. Nolensville is just down the road. Plus when the Preds finish up at hickory hollow mall then there will be ice nearby to play on

But as an example, let's say I24 is shut down going north and I'm trying to head that direction. Is Nolensville pike still ok to get to town or would you just go over to 65 and take it instead?
Either one works. You can always take OHB (Old Hickory Blvd) to 65. That area between 65 and Edmonson can get pretty congested during peak traffic hours but if it isn't one of those times that may be quicker than Nolensville Pike

Old
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

I live in Smyrna and it's a great place to live.

You may want to check into the Village Crest apartments in Smyrna, right across the street from Toots. I lived there for a year and had no problems whatsoever.

Old
02-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Just don't try to go north on 24 during rush hour. It's the wild west out there.