HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Word of Wisdom from Pat Quinn

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Egil

vCash: 500
Look, has Toronto EVER gone after Alfredsson? NOOOOOOOOO. For all their talk, they have never even tried. Also, to say McCabe was willing to fight Chara is a bit of a mis-statement. Chara never gave him a choice in the matter, and he was pretty visibly anoyed.

I believe someone tried to pick a fight with Nolan, but Nolan wouldn't go because of his eye injury, and I think we got a penalty on the play that led to a Toronto goal. The biggest problem was that the Leafs wern't interested in fighting, they were interested in cheapshotting everyone. The ONLY clean, physical play of the entire evening from the Leafs was the Domi - Hnidy fight. Besides that, EVERYTHING the Leafs did was cheap. And when your PK and PP are AWOL, their isn't ANYTHING you can do to win a battle of cheapshots that are getting called. It just won't work.

Nope, for all the praise Toronto is getting, if we had "normal" special teams nights, Ottawa wins that game going away (3 PP goals would be our average, vs 1 given up), and all we would be hearing is how stupid the TML are.

Old
02-02-2004, 09:31 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
Nope, for all the praise Toronto is getting, if we had "normal" special teams nights, Ottawa wins that game going away (3 PP goals would be our average, vs 1 given up), and all we would be hearing is how stupid the TML are.
That is a great point, if the PP was not so terrible we would have won that game. Also, even with the bad PP effort, if Belfour was not on early we could have pulled away. However, I'd imagine we still would have lost the bodies.

That is the thing that worries me the most, losing bodies. I know we can beat them even when they play like that, but I'm more so worried that maybe we end up losing an Alf or a Hossa for the rest of the season.

Old
02-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Timmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
The so-called stickwork in the unfortunate Berard accident was not an action of malice or aggression. It was not done in battle. Hossa had his back to Berard and took a golf like swing at the puck on a spin-around and the follow-through got Berard in the eye. .
It might just be me, but I would say that having your back to the puck and then taking a golf swing at it on a spin around would qualify as a pretty careless use of the stick. And after all, that is the biggest concern in the NHL right now. (Aside from the impending armagedeon) "Careless Use of the stick" They don't ask if you meant to hurt someone when you hit them high with your stick. These types of "accidents" are very very preventable, if players are simply more accountable for where their sticks are.

Old
02-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Puck
Ninja

The real point is Quinn manufactures alibis and lies all the time in post game interviews. The lies make the news and we waste our time arguing about non-issues. This is not about something that happened 4 years ago. This is about a game that happened last Saturday.

It is like when he accused Neil of spitting. It never happened but it detracted attention of Tucker's idiotic charge into the Sens bench. By the time the Toronto media and fans find out the spit charge isn't true, they are already into the heat of the next game. New controversy.

It is a classless attempt to put the Sens on the defensive and to put them in a bad light, after it was the Leafs who bushwacked them on Saturday.

OK, that was my final say on the matter, it really isn't worth it.....

Old
02-03-2004, 01:36 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer
It might just be me, but I would say that having your back to the puck and then taking a golf swing at it on a spin around would qualify as a pretty careless use of the stick. And after all, that is the biggest concern in the NHL right now. (Aside from the impending armagedeon) "Careless Use of the stick" They don't ask if you meant to hurt someone when you hit them high with your stick. These types of "accidents" are very very preventable, if players are simply more accountable for where their sticks are.
i think in today's day and age... careless use of the stick refers to attempts at hooking, holding or lifting the other players sticks and hitting them in the face.. not taking a shot thats off-balance and hitting a player in the face... to say hossa is careless for an incident he felt horrible about 4 years ago and that he personally went and apologized to berard about and who forgave him for the incident after a game sat night as puck mentioned doesnt make much sense.. although i do agree with whoever said that quinn was just saying all that crap to both get a rise out of the players and try and throw them off their game maybe? and also to try and show that ottawa isnt "squeaky clean" and what not.. he also seemed pissed about alfie's comments.. lol..

Old
02-03-2004, 02:39 AM
YellHockey*

Quinn's new name

and a few of his clan....

Old
02-03-2004, 05:35 AM
PRAETOR

Quinn is nothing more than a wind bag and good for a few post game laughs (usually a long list of excuses when the Laffs are losing! )

Old
02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
HF2002

"Are you blind?" "Shut up and read the damn post". You probably shouldn't take this so seriously because your harsh words or eventual name calling hardly puts a dent in anyone's feelings. Everyone is used to reading stupid posts like these, and they have absolutely no effect other than to make you look bad. And they don't reinforce your point of view because you repeat yourself or shout.

Anyway....

You're bragging that Toronto is better than Ottawa because the leafs are ahead by 3 points? You think that after nearly 55 games played being ahead by 3 points makes them a better team? After 53 games played for toronto and after 52 gp for Ottawa, toronto has 1 more victory. If the roles were reversed would you say that Ottawa is a better team than toronto? Probably not.

(the rest of the post is related to the theme of this thread - Pat Quinn's mouth)

Over the last couple of days we've all probably heard that Quinn continues to whine about Saturday night. His biggest complaint seems to be the dirty stickwork, most specifically Chara's cross check on JN. Quinn said that cross checks are "purposeful". I wonder, did anyone in the toronto media ask him if the cross check to the back of the neck of Alfie was purposeful? Probably not. We can assume, based on his track record, that he wouldn't answer the question other than to say that a different Ottawa player had been doing something else and the cross check was a response to somebody allegedly spitting and for somehow disrespecting the sanctity of the game.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Raging Bull

As A Leaf fan I will say that both teams had equal amounts of "cheapness" in the games, and Toronto was penilized more than Ottawa. Toronto's penalty killing was in full effect, and they won the game because they were the better team. Look at the standings and shut up! They dont lie. Ottawa has a game at hand but even if they win that game they wont have more points, or as many points as Toronto. So far in this season, Toronto has been the better team. End of story.
Season Series TORONTO 2 OTTAWA 1

Old
02-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
As A Leaf fan I will say that both teams had equal amounts of "cheapness" in the games, and Toronto was penilized more than Ottawa. Toronto's penalty killing was in full effect, and they won the game because they were the better team. Look at the standings and shut up! They dont lie. Ottawa has a game at hand but even if they win that game they wont have more points, or as many points as Toronto. So far in this season, Toronto has been the better team. End of story.
You guys MUST get tired of planning that parade everytime you achieve a little something during the regular seasion the last 36 years or so.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
You guys MUST get tired of planning that parade everytime you achieve a little something during the regular seasion the last 36 years or so.
Where in my quote did I mention that I was planning a parade of any sort? I'll start planning if they get the the final round of the playoffs. How the hell can you argue with what I said though? Are you saying that the NHL Standings are wrong? If after the same amount of games, Toronto has more points then Ottawa, is not Toronto the better team? Just as Ottawa was the better team last year, infact they were the BEST team in the regular season, as they won the Presidents trophy? Standings don't lie. Are you going to tell me that Ottawa has outplayed and have been the better team everytime they face eachother in the playoffs? The better team always wins, bottom line. There is no denying it.

Old
02-03-2004, 01:58 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Oh man...I remember a few years ago that during the regular season it was Ott 5 - TO 0...and all the leaf fans could say...its doesn't count...do it in the playoff, bla, bla, bla...

It's funny how when a stat is in their favour...they abuse it. When it's not...they dismiss it.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Oh man...I remember a few years ago that during the regular season it was Ott 5 - TO 0...and all the leaf fans could say...its doesn't count...do it in the playoff, bla, bla, bla...

It's funny how when a stat is in their favour...they abuse it. When it's not...they dismiss it.
Is that every Leaf fan?

Old
02-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Are you blind? Did you read my post? I said Ottawa was the better team last year because they had more points than Toronto. Yeah Im sure dissmissing the fact the Ottawa was better than Toronto there. Every time the Leafs lose to the Sens, or to any team in the matter, I don't dismiss the fact that they sucked that night or whatever the case. I don't go blaming it on missed calls or any of that other garbage. So shut up and read the damn post before you go off talking trash.

Old
02-03-2004, 03:26 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Are you blind? Did you read my post? I said Ottawa was the better team last year because they had more points than Toronto. Yeah Im sure dissmissing the fact the Ottawa was better than Toronto there. Every time the Leafs lose to the Sens, or to any team in the matter, I don't dismiss the fact that they sucked that night or whatever the case. I don't go blaming it on missed calls or any of that other garbage. So shut up and read the damn post before you go off talking trash.
Dude...enhance your calm...I'm just generalizing.

Closed Thread