HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

is Theodore the new Jim Carey?

Old
02-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Speedtrials

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation View Post
Speaking of which, what's Dan Blackburn up to nowadays? That guy was the ****.
When the Rangers visited Dallas, they actually interviewed Blackburn who was at the game, because he now lives in Dallas. I believe he said he was teaching a goalie clinic with another ex goalie, or goalie coach. I could be off on that though. It was kind of a heartbreaking interview to watch, because even though he appeared to be in good spirits, you know that game had to be hard for him to watch. He had the chance to be a very good goalie, and while I don't blame the Rangers for his injury, they did a terrible job with his development. Lundqvist also played an incredible game that night, which probably didn't make Dan feel much better.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
You have no idea what I said. His MVP season came at the most opportune time in his life: contract year. Then the sat his ass on it not a worry in the world.
The you don't know what you're talking about. To say that this man had no worries in the world because of a big paycheck is ricidulous coming from a Habs fans living in Montréal. It's usual, but ridiculous. You think he sucked on purpose, that he threw seasons away because he made a huge salary? Are you drunk?

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
The you don't know what you're talking about. To say that this man had no worries in the world because of a big paycheck is ricidulous coming from a Habs fans living in Montréal. It's usual, but ridiculous. You think he sucked on purpose, that he threw seasons away because he made a huge salary? Are you drunk?
I'm not taking this drunk crap from a moron with Haddock (read: sailor) as his avatar, if you want insults I can give you some too. "To say that this man had no worries in the world because of a big paycheck is ricidulous coming from a Habs fans living in Montréal." I really don't see what this has to do with anything, you are bashing me for saying he rode his salary and didn't put in any effort? How is saying this ridiculous coming from a habs fan living in Montreal? Probably a language barrier and I am assuming you're french, cause not only habs fans are complaining about it, it goes around the league and every team has one of that type of player. And no, I'm not saying he sucked on purpose, but he didn't try as hard when he became the clear cut #1 on this team. Hackett wasn't there anymore to challenge him, and look where Garon is. No more competition + big paycheck = Theo took it easy, no effort.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Not that I like to butt into love-ins like these, but you're inaccurate in this statement: "You would have turned it down right?"

Theodores' camp was threatening to hold out, if I remember correctly. Therefore, NBT has a point in Theodore being opportunistic about his RFA position.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote