HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Price of Success!!!

Old
02-14-2007, 12:57 PM
VoiceOfReason

vCash: 500
The Price of Success!!!

Fact: The problem with going to Game 7 of the SCF's is the bandwagon gets overrun by the casual hockey fan that perennially seeks to latch onto success!

Fact: There will be less traffic on the Oilers board this time next year when the fairweathers immigrate to the Sharks/Sabres boards.

You know who you are!!!

Last edited by VoiceOfReason: 02-14-2007 at 01:07 PM.
VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
Fact: The problem with going to Game 7 of the SCF's is the bandwagon gets overrun by the casual hockey fan that perennially seeks to latch onto success!

Fact: There will be less traffic on the Oilers board this time next year when the fairweathers immigrate to the Sharks/Sabres boards.

You know who you are!!!
this as been the busiest board on HF for years

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 01:29 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Indeed it has... back to the days before VBoards, the time when the late redtwilight was the wise old sage, and lowetide was but a young pup (well, maybe not that long ago, lol, but at least as far back as when he went by lain).

I think more than anything, the board gained a lot of new posters who will mature over time or lose interest... nature of the beast. And honestly, I'll put up with it every season if it means a cup run

serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
I miss IceDragoon

I'm just thankful for posters like faneuil, rigger, Digger, lowetide, and Replacement, amongst others. They are the reason I keep coming back here. I love intelligent discussion with people who don't take everything personally. It's a real chance to talk about my favorite team with people who share my passion and who I can get info from.

I'll gladly put up with the ragers and bandwagoners for the opportunity to talk hockey with them, though some days I do get a bit frustrated.