Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Nagy on the Wild's list

Old
02-08-2007, 07:13 PM
wildslip

vCash: 500
Rumor: Nagy on the Wild's list

Who would we have to get rid of to get him.... to me i dont think its a good thing... we dont have any cap room and we would have to get rid of a bunch of players or a top player for him.... just not reasonable for the wild.... discuss

wildslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip View Post
Who would we have to get rid of to get him.... to me i dont think its a good thing... we dont have any cap room and we would have to get rid of a bunch of players or a top player for him.... just not reasonable for the wild.... discuss
He is a talented player who is only 27 and is the leading point getter on the yotes. He is on pace for over 60 points this season but most of his points come as a play maker and not a goal scorer. It will cost a prospect(good) + high pick for him.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Nagy is on pace for 60.7 points. So, saying "more than 60 points" is a bit much. He is also on pace for well under 20 goals.

02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
XX
He's a good guy

Harding or Puoliot straight up or Fiala + a pick. Thats all it would take.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
WildFanAZ78

Send a message via AIM to WildFanAZ78
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Harding or Puoliot straight up or Fiala + a pick. Thats all it would take.

Not even a chance!

WildFanAZ78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM
vitogor

I don't really see why we need Nagy. We have more than enough smallish, non-physical, inconsistent forwards.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
I don't really see why we need Nagy. We have more than enough smallish, non-physical, inconsistent forwards.
Exactly. We've already got our quota of Nagies. I can't think of any reason the Wild would feel motivated to give up any of our prospects for someone we not only don't need, but probably can't even find icetime for. Add Nagy to the lineup, and which one of our top 6 forwards sits? Not Gaborik. Not Demitra. Not Koivu. Not Bouchard. Not Rolston. Not Parrish, because he's the only guy we have who can do what he does. So whose job does he take?

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:49 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Too much for too little...

Perreault?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:51 AM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
Too much for too little...

Perreault?
Yea ... we sure don't need a Nagy/Gelinas type player. While we could use some face-off wins and we could get him without giving up much, but I don't see Perreault bringing much more than that. I think he makes Andrew Brunette look fast and his lack of speed wouldn't fit into our team concept. If we're going to go out and get someone who can win face-offs, why not Keith "Donut-Boy" Tkachuk? He's still a good skater + he plays physical. A number of people have suggested the Tchucker and he fills a number of team needs. It'd also give us some third line scoring:

Demitra-Koivu/Walz-Gaborik
Rolston-White-Bouchard
Tkachuck-Walz/Koivu-Parrish
Veilleux-Smith-Dupuis

odd man out: Radio

Hmmm ...

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:04 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
Rolston-White-Bouchard
Veilleux-Smith-Dupuis

Hmmm ...

With today's trade...

Demitra-Walz-Gaborik
Bouchard-White-Rolston
Hall-Koivu-Parrish
Veillieux-Smith-Radio
Boogie

not to bad...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Yea ... we sure don't need a Nagy/Gelinas type player. While we could use some face-off wins and we could get him without giving up much, but I don't see Perreault bringing much more than that. I think he makes Andrew Brunette look fast and his lack of speed wouldn't fit into our team concept. If we're going to go out and get someone who can win face-offs, why not Keith "Donut-Boy" Tkachuk? He's still a good skater + he plays physical. A number of people have suggested the Tchucker and he fills a number of team needs. It'd also give us some third line scoring:

Rolston-White-Bouchard
Veilleux-Smith-Dupuis

Hmmm ...
I like your thinking. I have two guys on my wishlist for this deadline- Doan and Tkachuk, in that order. I don't think we're getting Doan, he'll cost an arm and a leg. But I think Tkachuk is a possibility. Sure, he lost a step this year, but he will fill a role that we desparately need - somebody nasty, borderline psychotic, who is not a liability. It was pretty sad to see Schultz going after Gratton the other night. Outside of Boogey's 6 minutes, we don't have anybody to keep the punks in check - Carney is a big teddy bear, Burns is a goofball, Veilleux is a featherweight. Hall should help in that department, but he is not the answer. Another thing going for Tkachuk is that he is good friends with Demitra, and played with Rolston, Parrish, and Carney on the US teams, so the chemistry should be there as well. I think DR is a fool if he isn't looking at this guy. I would do something around Tkachuk+Bacashihua for Fernandez+Voloshenko. I am totally comfortable going with Backstrom, and Bacashihua would give us insurance in goal in case of injuries. Volo can't seem to get it going this season, but the skill is there, and maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

Edit: Ok, I just went to the Blues board, and saw that they are all very happy with Legace, so maybe that deal won't work. But you get the idea.

Last edited by vitogor: 02-10-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old
02-10-2007, 08:42 AM
The Big E

Quote:
...Carney is a big teddy bear, Burns is a goofball, ...
I agree with everything you say except this little snippet. Actually, its not that I disagree, I just want to clarify things. I do agree that Carney is playing really soft. I think he's playing soft because he's got back problems. If he goes and gets into handbags with someone the size of Chris Gratton, for example, his back could lock up. At 37, a bad back injury is a career-ender. Unfortunately, we need his experience on the blueline.

And while, yes, Burns is a goofball, he hits everything in sight. He's our only D-man who will throw body checks and throw people around. Thursday night Skoula freaked me out by throwing two checks in one shift (he actually threw 3 checks that night). <sarcasm>He doubled the number of checks he's thrown all season</sarcasm>. Foster was throwing a few checks, so if we get him back, then at least two D-men will check.

Getting back to the topic at hand ... Now that we've got Adam Hall, I would hope DR will still go out and get Tkachuck. Here's the lineup:

Rolston-White-Bouchard
Veilleux-Smith-Hall

Boogaard and Radio alternate sitting in the pressbox. Maybe we could send Radio to St. Louis?

Old
02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
vitogor

Quote:

And while, yes, Burns is a goofball, he hits everything in sight. He's our only D-man who will throw body checks and throw people around. Thursday night Skoula freaked me out by throwing two checks in one shift (he actually threw 3 checks that night). <sarcasm>He doubled the number of checks he's thrown all season</sarcasm>. Foster was throwing a few checks, so if we get him back, then at least two D-men will check.
I wasn't talking about checking per se. I was talking about somebody who is a mean SOB. Somebody who can shove Gratton (Cooke, Smyth, etc.) to the boards and tell them that it's not OK to poke at Backstrom's glove after the whistle. Schultz tried to do that the other night, but Gratton just kinda laughed at him. Because Gratton is a mean SOB, and Schultz isn't. And neither is Burns. He hits everything in sight like you said, but he isn't mean, players are not afraid that he might snap if they keep chirping. Think back to the glory days of 2003, we had Marshall, Mitchell, Brown, Stevenson, Johnson. That was a pretty mean lineup. Now all we have is Boogey. That's why I'd really like to see Tkachuk on this team, because he is a mean SOB.

Old
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
The Big E

Quote:
I wasn't talking about checking per se. I was talking about somebody who is a mean SOB. Somebody who can shove Gratton (Cooke, Smyth, etc.) to the boards and tell them that it's not OK to poke at Backstrom's glove after the whistle. Schultz tried to do that the other night, but Gratton just kinda laughed at him. Because Gratton is a mean SOB, and Schultz isn't. And neither is Burns. He hits everything in sight like you said, but he isn't mean, players are not afraid that he might snap if they keep chirping. Think back to the glory days of 2003, we had Marshall, Mitchell, Brown, Stevenson, Johnson. That was a pretty mean lineup. Now all we have is Boogey. That's why I'd really like to see Tkachuk on this team, because he is a mean SOB.
Yup. Now I see what you're saying. I totally agree.

Old
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

not anymore, he got traded to dallas.

Old
02-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Corby

Forsberg?

Why not Forsberg?

We could leverage as much as possible Rolston's scoring abilities and add some scoring punch to the offense.

What is your opinion on this? There might be an obvious reason why this won't happen since I've never heard anyone raising such possibility...

Corby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:36 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

no.

Too much to give up for a rental, cuz Philly is gonna want the farm in return.

Even then, his health is a major question mark.