HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The NON kesler/Edler Canucks trade thread.

Old
02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averick View Post
I'd like to the Avs get Edler by trading Elliott and a draft pick.

Note: I know it's not honoring the premise but go check out the Finging the Avs a Defenseman thread and you'll see fair is fair.
I'm sure you would like that, I would like ROR for Gaunce and a draft pick too.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Siludin

Hansen is being severely undervalued here. He's like Sobotka or Goc or one of those guys that everyone wants on their team but nobody knows how to get them.

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Ched Brosky

Tanev definitely is not available. Higgins shouldn't be either. Cheap and Perfect 3rd liner who can fill in on the 2nd line. Hansen I'd keep as well for the 3rd line but of the 3 he is most expendable. Although Canucks are better off keeping him as he is signed to a great deal.

The team needs to build around this:

D.sedin h.sedin burrows
Sign free agent Kesler sign free agent
Higgins santorelli Hansen
Sestito Richardson Kassian

Hamhuis bieksa
Garrison tanev
Stanton diaz

Luongo
Lack

Of those remaining I listed (that have any decent value), I'd only move Hansen and that is to move kassian up to a bigger role if he isn't ready for a 2nd line role.

Trade edler for a mid 1st, b foward + b defensive prospect. Something like Det 1st (15-18) Sheehan and sproul
Compliance buyout booth
Re-sign santorelli 1.5M and Diaz 1.75M
Lock up tanev at 3M, kassian at 1M, Schroeder, dalpe, weber at 750k

That leaves the Canucks with roughly 18M to bring in two top 6 wingers and a #8 dman through free agency.

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 02-27-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 10:55 PM
BoDacious Horvat

If we could get good value for Higgy then sure thing. But I'd like to keep him around for the re-tool/rebuild. And we shouldn't trade Tanev, especially if Juice and Edler are being shopped. Tanev is plenty young to stick around and he's been arguably the best d-man on the team. Dat steadiness.

BoDacious Horvat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:21 AM
ekof232

vCash: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched Brosky View Post
Tanev definitely is not available. Higgins shouldn't be either. Cheap and Perfect 3rd liner who can fill in on the 2nd line. Hansen I'd keep as well for the 3rd line but of the 3 he is most expendable. Although Canucks are better off keeping him as he is signed to a great deal.

The team needs to build around this:

D.sedin h.sedin burrows
Sign free agent Kesler sign free agent
Higgins santorelli Hansen
Sestito Richardson Kassian

Hamhuis bieksa
Garrison tanev
Stanton diaz

Luongo
Lack

Of those remaining I listed (that have any decent value), I'd only move Hansen and that is to move kassian up to a bigger role if he isn't ready for a 2nd line role.

Trade edler for a mid 1st, b foward + b defensive prospect. Something like Det 1st (15-18) Sheehan and sproul
Compliance buyout booth
Re-sign santorelli 1.5M and Diaz 1.75M
Lock up tanev at 3M, kassian at 1M, Schroeder, dalpe, weber at 750k

That leaves the Canucks with roughly 18M to bring in two top 6 wingers and a #8 dman through free agency.
Let me begin by clarifying that I speak as a neutral fan when I say this: you are absolutely not getting Riley Sheahan, Ryan Sproul and a first round pick for Edler alone although the ''pricetag'' you affix on him seems fair (AKA 1st rd pick, B-level forward and defenseman).

The problem with your proposal is that Sproul and Sheahan are NOT B-level prospects. The incredible depth and talent spread throughout the Wings' system (Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Jurco, Ouellet, Mrazek, Jarnkrok, etc.) simply make them seem ''less shiny'' than they would otherwise appear in a lesser prospect pool (say Calgary). Sproul and Sheahan are both future NHLers with boatloads of potential to still tap into and hold therefore quite a bit more value than you give them credit for.

Furthermore, the Wings are relatively thin at the center position in their pool (only Jarnkrok and Sheahan figure to have any kind of top-6 upside amongst their prospects) and would therefore require additional value in order to trade Sheahan without getting a young center back, which breaks apart your proposed deal even more.

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:24 AM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
We are not trading Tanev, so any team even thinking of offering for him can just stop.

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Jefe88

Luongo?

Jefe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Averick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I'm sure you would like that, I would like ROR for Gaunce and a draft pick too.
Not analogous. ROR is a productive player with his current team.

Averick* is offline   Reply With Quote