HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils are Buyers

Old
02-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
No duh your buyers you don't have a 1st rounder because you didn't forfeit the 29th overall pick for a prospect that is uncontrollable.
Uncontrollable ??? Well we have full control over him.... He hasnt done anything at all in Albany..... Our coach raves about him day in and day out

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Please be real here... We dont have a chance to get Monahan.. ZERO
Never said we did, it's just other teams constantly bring up our top prospect and act like we are just going to trade him away, so even though we say he isn't for sale, they continue to try and get him, so I reversed the roles there lol

Devils Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Baertschi is 0.5 PPG in the NHL, how more blue chip do you need?
0.5 isn't blue chip IMO

Old
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

It seems as though Chris Stewart may be on his way out of STL, and most of our fans seem to think that his trade value is equal to that of David Perron (high 2nd rd pick + bottom 6 NHL forward).

Our biggest areas of weakness continue to be depth at Center and LD. Using the Perron trade value, and swapping out the 2nd rd pick with an LD prospect (I'd really hate to ask NJ for picks), how about:

NJ gets: Chris Stewart
STL gets: Jacob Josefson and Jon Merrill

The only issue would be the cap, as my math shows that NJ would be amount $1M over the cap if they made this deal, so we'd have to retain about 30% of Stewie's salary to fit it in (and who knows if Armstrong would do that or not).

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:32 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
0.5 isn't blue chip IMO
Explain how Baertschi isn't a blue chip prospect?

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
It seems as though Chris Stewart may be on his way out of STL, and most of our fans seem to think that his trade value is equal to that of David Perron (high 2nd rd pick + bottom 6 NHL forward).

Our biggest areas of weakness continue to be depth at Center and LD. Using the Perron trade value, and swapping out the 2nd rd pick with an LD prospect (I'd really hate to ask NJ for picks), how about:

The only issue would be the cap, as my math shows that NJ would be amount $1M over the cap if they made this deal, so we'd have to retain about 30% of Stewie's salary to fit it in (and who knows if Armstrong would do that or not).
Jon Merril is worth much more than a 2nd rounder, one of the top d prospects in our system, rated and 8.0 on HF

Old
02-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Devils Army
Let the Larsson Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Explain how Baertschi isn't a blue chip prospect?
He has under performed at all pro levels, to my knowing
And I said 0.5 isn't blue chip in my opinion, nothing to do with Baestchi

Old
02-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Army View Post
He has under performed at all pro levels, to my knowing
Soo what you are saying is Larsson is also not a blue chip ???

Thats a bad comparison

Baertschi is a blue chip prospect

Old
02-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen

vCash: 768
Kesler + 3rd 2014 for Henrique + Larsson + Josefson

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:07 AM
njdevils6

Quote:

can we do Severson instead and maybe throw in a third if you like

njdevils6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

you rather give up Severson ??? what ?

no thank you

Old
02-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

I really think this is the best team no one is really talking about. They're a lot closer to the top of the east than their record indicates--and it's all because of the system. I love the way DeBoer has these guys playing. An upgrade or two to their top 9 and I'd be willing to call this the dark horse team coming out of the east.

I kind of think Grabner would be such an amazing fit on this team. I'd love to see him and Henrique on a PK together.

Craig Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

They can deal Brodeur for Gagner or Hemsky...maybe both if they package something with Marty

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:53 AM
KovalSNIPE

Cammalleri is coming to us.... It's inevitable. Too many rumors and we've scouted him. I'm afraid of what is gonna go the other way though.

KovalSNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

I think we probably end up with one of Hemsky, Michalek, or Cammalleri. I'd prefer one of the first 2 because I'm not liking what I'm hearing regarding what Calgary wants for Cammalleri. There's too much smoke for something not to happen over these next few days. I just hope to god Lou doesn't do something retarded though. NONE of the young d-men should be moved unless were getting a very significant upgrade to the top 6.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 01:05 AM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
I really think this is the best team no one is really talking about. They're a lot closer to the top of the east than their record indicates--and it's all because of the system. I love the way DeBoer has these guys playing. An upgrade or two to their top 9 and I'd be willing to call this the dark horse team coming out of the east.

I kind of think Grabner would be such an amazing fit on this team. I'd love to see him and Henrique on a PK together.
Were really not any good. We haven't won more than 3 games in a row all season and for the most part, can't score if our lives depended on it. Deboer's system is unbelievably prone to blowing leads which we have done on a regular basis. I'd be thrilled to death if we just qualified for the playoffs, at this point.

By the way, Deboer absolutely despised Grabner in Florida and was pretty much the reason Tallon waived him so I wouldn't bet on Lou calling Garth to ask about his availability.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

If I was Lou, I would move Zidlicky to a contender looking for a scoring defensemen that may have a scoring winger of interest to Lou. Give more responsibility to Merrill and Gelinas. This way we aren't giving up draft picks or young away youth.

Last edited by Brooklyndevil: 02-28-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:43 AM
RSeen

Quote:

Awful offer. Merrill is going nowhere.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 08:45 AM
RSeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
If I was Lou, I would move Zidlicky to a contender looking for a scoring defensemen that may have a scoring winger of interest to Lou. Give more responsibility to Merrill and Gelinas. This way we aren't giving up draft picks or young asset.
If we are trying to make the playoffs we should be Zid. He is having a good year.

Old
02-28-2014, 08:46 AM
RSeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post

Wish some of the fans on this board realized Deboer is a good coach.

Old
02-28-2014, 08:52 AM
DevilsFanInFla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
He is. A lot of people don't seem to realize that he has kept this team competitive for longer than other coaches could have. How many times have we been blown out this season? Very few. Most of our losses are 1 goal losses be it in regulation, OT, or the dreaded shootout. Given our injuries up until recently, he's been working with a patchwork team and doing very well. He also took us to the SCF when we had more talent on this team (Kovy and Parise). Give him the tools, he'll get the job done. Lou is going to do something this deadline and I suspect it will be bigger than we're accustomed to. We have the finances in order with our new owners, this is likely Marty's last year, and Lou wants to win. Don't rule out a Kovy size trade that no one is expecting. If there's one thing that's known about Lou it's that we never know what he's up to. He's still got some skill left in him, just look at the Schneider steal.

DevilsFanInFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:26 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
DeBo is a good coach. for a team like San Jose or Boston

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 09:28 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Lamoriello has done nothing good in the past half-decade. Most overrated GM in history.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 10:09 AM
StnTwnDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Lamoriello has done nothing good in the past half-decade. Most overrated GM in history.
He's only had a team go to the Stanley Cup finals during that time period. 20 something other teams wish they had a successful playoff run like that.

StnTwnDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Brunomics

Vanek for Merrill/Kinkaid/1st?

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote