HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Discussion Thread V (Surgery for Eli; Jets sign CJ2K)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2014, 06:00 PM
  #126
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
Evans really solidified his position in the top 15.

Damn. Wanted Jets to pick him.

Lee, on the other hand, is slipping. I think he'll be a steal wherever he falls (probably Jets).

The only thing keeping Clowney in the top 3 right now is that ridiculous 40 time.

He didn't impress with benching and he had another mental episode apparently.
Clowney has long arms. Long armed guys never bench much. You can't hold that against him. Dude has a 7' wing span.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 07:14 PM
  #127
StepansLabyrinth
Rational Police
 
StepansLabyrinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
As far as the Giants OL, I think you have to give Beatty another year at LT. You gave him that contract and it's completely possible he'll return to form. Pugh was good at RT so you keep him there. I know he can play guard but he's proven that he's a good tackle so keep him there since it's more valuable long term. Considering that tackles are usually the OL to be taken early, the Giants draft slot really doesn't prevent them from taking a G or C in the 2nd round. You can usually get a surefire starter at 42.

You either get someone for Eli to throw to with the 12th pick, trade down, or you go defense. Wouldn't mind DL or OLB, and if the BPA is a corner you take the BPA. BPA is the way to go all around, honestly.

StepansLabyrinth is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 09:24 PM
  #128
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Clowney has long arms. Long armed guys never bench much. You can't hold that against him. Dude has a 7' wing span.
I'm a Texans fan, so we have the 1st pick in the draft.

As a person who watches a decent amount of college football and a Rutgers graduate who watched Bridgewater and Bortles a good amount, I can tell you Clowney should be the 1st overall pick no question about it.

Each QB who has been advertised as the #1 Overall pick (Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel) have significant holes in their game, Bortles and Manziel more so.

Clowney would revamp the Texans defense no matter what scheme they go with. Just imagine a Watt-Clowney combo? That's a scary, scary thought.

LittleKev6D9 is offline  
Old
02-27-2014, 09:40 PM
  #129
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
You take BPA. And Ebron is an absolute gamechanger. I'm hoping we have a choice between him and Taylor Lewan
You don't want Lewan. Besides all the terrible stuff he's done off the field. He's going to be Richie Incognito Jr. He's really overrated, watched MSU dominate the guy for years. He also said Shilique Calhoun didn't impress him after MSU held Michigan to -48 rushing yards.

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 01:16 AM
  #130
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
You don't want Lewan. Besides all the terrible stuff he's done off the field. He's going to be Richie Incognito Jr. He's really overrated, watched MSU dominate the guy for years. He also said Shilique Calhoun didn't impress him after MSU held Michigan to -48 rushing yards.
He had one bad season. His senior year. He coasted through it like Clowney. His off field stuff is all based on hearsay. Already had this debate elsewhere. He vehemently denied the accusations at the combine and there is zero evidence he ever said what was claimed (the victim heard it through other people).

Lewan is as legit as they come. I have him as my 2nd ranked OL behind Robinson (Matthews third). I've become a big proponent of drafting athletic OTs and coaching them up. Luckily, Lewan has the athleticism AND skill. Kid should be a monster in this league.

He's nothing like Incognito, for the record.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 05:35 AM
  #131
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
I heard Giants will target UFAs to fix the line issues

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 06:27 AM
  #132
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,282
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
You don't want Lewan. Besides all the terrible stuff he's done off the field. He's going to be Richie Incognito Jr. He's really overrated, watched MSU dominate the guy for years. He also said Shilique Calhoun didn't impress him after MSU held Michigan to -48 rushing yards.
Right. I'm sure you're not biased whatsoever given your location.

I would also love to hear about all of this terrible stuff he's done off the field. Supposedly, he was accused of threatening some student in the Brendan Gibbons **** case, which everyone on the team has said is absolute nonsense and he did no such thing. He was named captain by his teammates, and is known as a role model in the locker room and as a leader among his peers.

If he comes out last year, there's a good shot he goes #1 overall. He's the third best OL in this draft. He has the strength and athleticism to bear a great OT in this league.

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 07:55 AM
  #133
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,227
vCash: 500
This is my realistic short list for the Gmen.

How would you guys rank these players? And who am I missing?

1. Lewan
2. Ebron
3. Gilbert
4. Evans
5. Dennard
6. Ealy

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
  #134
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,282
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
This is my realistic short list for the Gmen.

How would you guys rank these players? And who am I missing?

1. Lewan
2. Ebron
3. Gilbert
4. Evans
5. Dennard
6. Ealy
Strictly BPA:

1. Ebron
2. Evans
3. Lewan
4. Gilbert
5. Ealy
6. Dennard

Everyone sees needs differently so I'll leave it at that.

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
  #135
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 500
I want my OL to have some Incognito to them.

I think NYG add 2 OL in UFA & won't go OL in rd 1.

I think Reese goes back to his roots & goes DL at 12.
(I think Ebron & Evans will be gone by 12)

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
  #136
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Right. I'm sure you're not biased whatsoever given your location.

I would also love to hear about all of this terrible stuff he's done off the field. Supposedly, he was accused of threatening some student in the Brendan Gibbons **** case, which everyone on the team has said is absolute nonsense and he did no such thing. He was named captain by his teammates, and is known as a role model in the locker room and as a leader among his peers.

If he comes out last year, there's a good shot he goes #1 overall. He's the third best OL in this draft. He has the strength and athleticism to bear a great OT in this league.
Read the report I posted below. Not only did Lewan threaten the girl, it took two Michigan football players to report what he did because they were worried. Again, go ahead and take him, but don't be surprised when his career doesn't pan out like you thought it would.

There's also this- http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ns-of-assault/


Last edited by nyrleetch: 02-28-2014 at 09:57 AM.
nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 09:52 AM
  #137
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
He had one bad season. His senior year. He coasted through it like Clowney. His off field stuff is all based on hearsay. Already had this debate elsewhere. He vehemently denied the accusations at the combine and there is zero evidence he ever said what was claimed (the victim heard it through other people).

Lewan is as legit as they come. I have him as my 2nd ranked OL behind Robinson (Matthews third). I've become a big proponent of drafting athletic OTs and coaching them up. Luckily, Lewan has the athleticism AND skill. Kid should be a monster in this league.

He's nothing like Incognito, for the record.
The evidence came from other Michigan football players, the school has tried to sweep it up, which is why they are being investigated right now. Michigan spends money to sky write "Go Blue" above Spartan Stadium, and then not on this stuff.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/...-for-****.html

If I am allowed to post this link. Mods if it's not acceptable, please feel free to remove this post.

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:06 AM
  #138
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
The evidence came from other Michigan football players, the school has tried to sweep it up, which is why they are being investigated right now. Michigan spends money to sky write "Go Blue" above Spartan Stadium, and then not on this stuff.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/...-for-****.html

If I am allowed to post this link. Mods if it's not acceptable, please feel free to remove this post.
Already know all of that. And it's never been confirmed who the players were or if they were even players. All the evidence against him is weak hearsay, man.

And that blog is written by a guy with a grudge against Michigan, so don't forget to take that into account.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:07 AM
  #139
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Read the report I posted below. Not only did Lewan threaten the girl, it took two Michigan football players to report what he did because they were worried. Again, go ahead and take him, but don't be surprised when his career doesn't pan out like you thought it would.

There's also this- http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ns-of-assault/
Please show me evidence that Lewan actually made he threats.

(Hint: it doesn't exist)

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:10 AM
  #140
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Please show me evidence that Lewan actually made he threats.

(Hint: it doesn't exist)
You're a lawyer right? So basically it would come down to word of mouth?. However if the two football players later recanted their statements does anything become of it?

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:11 AM
  #141
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Already know all of that. And it's never been confirmed who the players were or if they were even players. All the evidence against him is weak hearsay, man.

And that blog is written by a guy with a grudge against Michigan, so don't forget to take that into account.
One of Michigan's own student newspapers started reporting the same stuff, which had them pretty much banned from attending Hoke's last press conference.

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
  #142
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 500
Anyways, getting back on topic. Hope that Ebron can fall to the Jets.

nyrleetch is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 10:36 AM
  #143
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
You're a lawyer right? So basically it would come down to word of mouth?. However if the two football players later recanted their statements does anything become of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
One of Michigan's own student newspapers started reporting the same stuff, which had them pretty much banned from attending Hoke's last press conference.
All of it is still 100% hearsay. One site (Chatsports) has even continued to lie by claiming Lewan admitted saying the remarks. I question all of this stuff.

That's why we have an interview process before the draft, though.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
  #144
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Lewan won't be on the giants draft board. They only draft guys with no character concerns in the first. Even if the Lewan stuff isn't true (unlikely considering the police did give him a warning) he won't be considered.

There's enough talent in this draft to completely remove Lewan and whatever off the field stuff he has from the board.

You don't need proof of anything in the nfl. Where there's smoke it's better to play safe


Last edited by slipknottin: 02-28-2014 at 12:27 PM.
slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
  #145
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,282
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
The evidence came from other Michigan football players, the school has tried to sweep it up, which is why they are being investigated right now. Michigan spends money to sky write "Go Blue" above Spartan Stadium, and then not on this stuff.

http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/...-for-****.html

If I am allowed to post this link. Mods if it's not acceptable, please feel free to remove this post.
The school didn't write Go Blue over your stadium. Some rich donor did.

Nice try again, though.

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 12:59 PM
  #146
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Lewan won't be on the giants draft board. They only draft guys with no character concerns in the first. Even if the Lewan stuff isn't true (unlikely considering the police did give him a warning) he won't be considered.

There's enough talent in this draft to completely remove Lewan and whatever off the field stuff he has from the board.

You don't need proof of anything in the nfl. Where there's smoke it's better to play safe
Mayock has already said the Giants are considering Lewan. He called the Pugh pick last year, too. He has legitimate sources inside the Giants.

I don't think you understand how little a "warning" from the police means. They would tell him to not say anything whether they knew he said it or not. That's as meaningless as what color shirt Lewan wore on that day. There is. It a single shred of evidence that Lewan said what was allegedly said.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  #147
Matt4776
Registered User
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,282
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Mayock has already said the Giants are considering Lewan. He called the Pugh pick last year, too. He has legitimate sources inside the Giants.

I don't think you understand how little a "warning" from the police means. They would tell him to not say anything whether they knew he said it or not. That's as meaningless as what color shirt Lewan wore on that day. There is. It a single shred of evidence that Lewan said what was allegedly said.
Someone here seems to use logic. If he made a threat to **** a woman if she came forward, he would've gotten a lot more than a "police warning".

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
  #148
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Mayock has already said the Giants are considering Lewan. He called the Pugh pick last year, too. He has legitimate sources inside the Giants.

I don't think you understand how little a "warning" from the police means. They would tell him to not say anything whether they knew he said it or not. That's as meaningless as what color shirt Lewan wore on that day. There is. It a single shred of evidence that Lewan said what was allegedly said.
Mayock doesn't have sources. He called the Pugh pick the day before the draft. Not three months out.

Giants have never and will never take a guy with any suspected off field issues. Simple as that


Nfl doesn't need an actual conviction to stay away from someone.

Big Ben got suspended and was never arrested.

If there are questions with lewan, which there are multiple, giants will stay away. Like they always do

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
  #149
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Mayock doesn't have sources. He called the Pugh pick the day before the draft. Not three months out.

Giants have never and will never take a guy with any suspected off field issues. Simple as that


Nfl doesn't need an actual conviction to stay away from someone.

Big Ben got suspended and was never arrested.

If there are questions with lewan, which there are multiple, giants will stay away. Like they always do
LOL @ the Giants not taking guys with red flags. Are you serious? You forget Manningham, Bradshaw, and Austin (in recent memory)?

Holy crap. What an outlandish statement.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
02-28-2014, 01:25 PM
  #150
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 102,063
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Someone here seems to use logic. If he made a threat to **** a woman if she came forward, he would've gotten a lot more than a "police warning".
Yep. If there was any evidence, there would have been more. It's all a bunch of hearsay garbage, though. That's why the interview process exists, too. See if they believe him. He vehemently denied it during his presser.

The only real issues with him are personal fouls during play.

Hunter Gathers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.