HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rumoured fight in Habs Dressing Room

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
You're right!!!! And the 4 coaches we had weren't exactly bad coaches either, I just think that there are a few core players that want to go out and play whatever style they want to play and have no intentions of listening to a coach. It's time to dump these selfish players and start building a team for the future. We thought the players we have now would be the future for the Habs, but we are seeing that the future is going to be very unproductive if we keep the core we have now.
I say dump whoever you can Bob and start over....you can do it...you have the smarts to make it happen.
We're still in the run. It's a real hard slump, but unless we're officially out of the playoffs, I'm not gonna give up and I hope Gainey won't too. You want to deal our best Dman? That would leave us with Bou and Komo as our new first D's pairing???? I would be scared a lot more than now! And what would would our first lines considering you would trade all of the guys you've mentionned for young players and/or draft choices?

Plakanec-Higgins-Perez
Kostitsyn-Grabovsky-Kostitsyn (considering they would make the move to the NHL next year)

And that's supposed to help us?

Old
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Yeah, deal our best assets to go further in the playoffs, what a brillant idea.
You think this piece of crap team is going to the playoffs?

Old
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
You think this piece of crap team is going to the playoffs?
Yep, they can. It's not about lack of talent, it's about lack of confidence.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
haha what a ''cliche'' this team is a serious mess
cliche? I had a teacher in High School, his last name was Cliche. Do you know him?

Old
02-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
We never did squat with those assets. This is ther FOURTH coach as well.

There is a time when we have to admit that he did not work out with certain player and start over. Maybe that time has come.
I agree...the Habs need a change in culture.

The time has come to switch the identity of this franchise. Just making the playoffs with virtually no chance of advancing just isn't enough for me anymore.

When you're best players are just average, you'll always be just that...average

Old
02-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Of course they can...but has that become enough for you? While I agree they will make the playoffs, do you think they have enough firepower to run with the Sabres, Devils, Sens, Hurricanes, etc in the longrun

I think not, this team lacks talent, direction, confidence and committment.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Not more than 3 or 4 players even care about making the playoffs. They get their millions of $ regardless and we saw last year how they just love to roll over and die when the going gets tough.

It starts with a below average captain who has no place on an NHL first line and who we're stuck with at close to 5 million $ for another two years after this. He cares about playing for his country... not the Habs.

Kovalev already won a cup and hes been marching to the beat of his own drum ever since. If he want's to play well he can but he doesn't want to so no use in preaching to the converted.

This team is just filled with useless veterans... there's nothing more to add.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Suiteness

Quote:
Wrong. There's not one true superstar/franchise player on the Habs roster and that's the problem. Until the day this franchise finds itself a TRUE franchise player to build around, you can expect these kind of results, middling 7-8-9-10 teams than might win you a round in the playoffs.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think anything happened, I just think the media is running out of things to talk about. Everyone is making guesses without knowing for sure what happened. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

according to another board...it was actually a fight between Souray and Kovy...lol

Old
02-15-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
according to another board...it was actually a fight between Souray and Kovy...lol
Wouldn't surprise me...Souray is the real leader of this team and seems to be the only one (out of our supposed leaders) taking what's happening out on the ice to heart.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Not more than 3 or 4 players even care about making the playoffs. They get their millions of $ regardless and we saw last year how they just love to roll over and die when the going gets tough.
really? I had no idea you had such insight.

Quote:
It starts with a below average captain who has no place on an NHL first line and who we're stuck with at close to 5 million $ for another two years after this. He cares about playing for his country... not the Habs.
whoa, I had no such idea you had so much inside information as to the workings of someone else's head.
brilliant.
I don't know but it seems, I suppose that it just may help if our below average captain actually had great wingers to play with.

Quote:
Kovalev already won a cup and hes been marching to the beat of his own drum ever since. If he want's to play well he can but he doesn't want to so no use in preaching to the converted.
you really can read peoples mind can't you? it really boggles the mind how you JUST know what's inside peoples heads. I sure as hell can't do that. Jealous, really I am.

Quote:
This team is just filled with useless veterans... there's nothing more to add.
You must really hate the habs then. Personally I like a lot of the vets. They may not be the greatest and have their failings but they are habs and some are actually half decent. I mean, I think the likes of Markov, Souray and the like have some value to the team. But that's just me and as I don't have such an inside scoop on players as you do, I must know nothing. Oh well.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Make no mistake, lack of talent is a serious issue with this team.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:02 AM
otto bond

Quote:
You're right!!!! And the 4 coaches we had weren't exactly bad coaches either, I just think that there are a few core players that want to go out and play whatever style they want to play and have no intentions of listening to a coach. It's time to dump these selfish players and start building a team for the future. We thought the players we have now would be the future for the Habs, but we are seeing that the future is going to be very unproductive if we keep the core we have now.
I say dump whoever you can Bob and start over....you can do it...you have the smarts to make it happen.
100% with you on that one. Let's start by asking Koivu to waive his no trade clause.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I agree, sure we played some great hockey in the first half of the season. But realistically, we are not a top 4 team in the conference. I know we were through the first 40 games, but in my humble opinion, I think we were playing over our heads.

If you would have told me that we were to finish 7th or 8th and just make the playoffs at the beginning of the season, I would have been happy with that. This team does have some good players, but overall we don't have the talent to be a top team yet. But we are heading in that direction, give BG some time, even though we are slumping now, I really like what he's done with the team.

GO HABS GO...In Bob we trust!!!

Old
02-15-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree, sure we played some great hockey in the first half of the season. But realistically, we are not a top 4 team in the conference. I know we were through the first 40 games, but in my humble opinion, I think we were playing over our heads.

If you would have told me that we were to finish 7th or 8th and just make the playoffs at the beginning of the season, I would have been happy with that. This team does have some good players, but overall we don't have the talent to be a top team yet. But we are heading in that direction, give BG some time, even though we are slumping now, I really like what he's done with the team.

GO HABS GO...In Bob we trust!!!
That's fine...I can live with that.

The problem is were paying some players like they are top talents on a top team. What's worse is that they're long term contracts that pretty much can't be moved for the next 2 years. Does that mean we have to go through another 2 or 3 years of mediocrity???

Old
02-15-2007, 09:18 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
If it's true, the guy who jumped on Kovy is an assh*** !

You can scream, you can destroy everything, but please, don't hurt your teamate !!!
Maybe somebody was beaking kovalev, so Kovalev shoved him and started a fight?

Old
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
+1

Old
02-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
We're still in the run. It's a real hard slump, but unless we're officially out of the playoffs, I'm not gonna give up and I hope Gainey won't too. You want to deal our best Dman? That would leave us with Bou and Komo as our new first D's pairing???? I would be scared a lot more than now! And what would would our first lines considering you would trade all of the guys you've mentionned for young players and/or draft choices?

Plakanec-Higgins-Perez
Kostitsyn-Grabovsky-Kostitsyn (considering they would make the move to the NHL next year)

And that's supposed to help us?

I don't get it.....what are we in the running for??? Its NOT the Playoffs!!! If the Habs continue to play at the level they are playing, the playoffs will not even be a possibility this year. Chances are we are going to lose one of Souray or Markov in the off-season anyways, so why not try to get something for one of them now?? We'll resign one of them and look for another D-man in the offseason to replace the other.
We need a first line centermen and a good scoring winger or 2 but in order to get those players we desperately need, we need to dump Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder, Rivet and a few others to free up some cash for good players.
I hope the Habs can make the playoffs this year too, but I can't see it happening with the lineup we have now and the way they are playing.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:

yeah, They were 4th in the east half the season by pure luck

Old
02-15-2007, 09:36 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
yeah, They were 4th in the east half the season by pure luck
More or less. If our special teams weren't in the top-3 of the league in the first half of the season we'd be in 11th or 12th right now.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
I don't think we're that bad... Sure, we need a top player,a Kovalchuk/Lecavalier type, but we don't miss a lot if you ask me.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

hmm this seems intersting, I'd like to see something official.

Sounds like a soap opera, someone jumping Kovy...

Old
02-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
That's fine...I can live with that.

The problem is were paying some players like they are top talents on a top team. What's worse is that they're long term contracts that pretty much can't be moved for the next 2 years. Does that mean we have to go through another 2 or 3 years of mediocrity???

I agree, we do have some over priced Vets on our team that shouldn't be making what they are making. But we can't just have young players on our team and not have any veteran leadership to guide them. Sometimes you have to look beyond the stats to see what a veteran can bring to your team. Plus I think BG is pretty smart, when some of our other veterans were not contributing, (Juneau, Sundstrom for example), he let them go. We have a few very good young prospects almost ready to come up to the bigs, once they are fully ready, I think you will see even more veterans let go to make room for them.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't get it.....what are we in the running for??? Its NOT the Playoffs!!! If the Habs continue to play at the level they are playing, the playoffs will not even be a possibility this year. Chances are we are going to lose one of Souray or Markov in the off-season anyways, so why not try to get something for one of them now?? We'll resign one of them and look for another D-man in the offseason to replace the other.
We need a first line centermen and a good scoring winger or 2 but in order to get those players we desperately need, we need to dump Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder, Rivet and a few others to free up some cash for good players.
I hope the Habs can make the playoffs this year too, but I can't see it happening with the lineup we have now and the way they are playing.
I agree...BG needs to do something to give this team a jolt if they want to make the playoffs. But I don't think dumping Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder, Rivet will bring back the players that we would need. All the players that you mentioned would only bring back draft picks or prospects. Plus with most teams being so close to the cap IMO, we would end up having to take back too much salary, which would keep us at about the same when it comes to the cap. So like I said, I agree some changes need to be made, but I don't think trading these players that you listed would truly help us make the playoffs this year.

Closed Thread