HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak Called Up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM
  #1
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Halak Called Up

As per Team 990 news break. The question Casavant and company are asking is whether he starts on Saturday?

Clarification: Apparently they now don't know who is being called up.

Clarification Deux: OK, after much ado and advanced discussion it is official. Various links contained in the thread.


Last edited by 24Cups: 02-15-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Clarification Deux
24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
  #2
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,712
vCash: 1484
Well with back-to-back Saturday and Sunday he is going to start one of them. Saturday at home against Carolina and Sunday on the road against Columbus. I think I'd start him on Sunday.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
  #3
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
If Halak play and he's good, we'll have another goalie controversy

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
  #4
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
And when are they gonna finally be calling up Kostitsyn and Grabovski?

Oh wait, you need to keep on playing Downey and Murray

Start to sell some players like Ryder and Bonk and fetch something at defence because of the UFAs next season (Bonk is good but let's face it, he's not coming back next season) and make space for a lineup like something like this:

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Latendresse - Grabovski - Kostitsyn
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Ferland

Extra: Samsonov

Then play youth, if you make the playoffs, good, if not, too bad. We're not a stanley cup contender anyhow, we need to play our youth because that's the only positive thing we have going with this team so let's prepare them for the next seasons.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
  #5
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
And when are they gonna finally be calling up Kostitsyn and Grabovski?

Oh wait, you need to keep on playing Downey and Murray

Start to sell some players like Ryder and Bonk and fetch something at defence because of the UFAs next season (Bonk is good but let's face it, he's not coming back next season) and make space for a lineup like something like this:

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Latendresse - Grabovski - Kostitsyn
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Ferland

Extra: Samsonov

Then play youth, if you make the playoffs, good, if not, too bad. We're not a stanley cup contender anyhow, we need to play our youth because that's the only positive thing we have going with this team so let's prepare them for the next seasons.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
  #6
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Downie and Murray are a waste of roster space. We should bring of Grabov AND Kosty and put them on a line together. Lapierre is a C so no point in putting all three on one line, but we could fix this season if we just switched back to our past strategies. Instead of splitting up Kovalev and Koivu, put them back on the first line together along with higgins or ryder. Then we can give Lap some serious ice time up on the 2nd line the Lat and Sammy. The way I see it, we almost have nothing to lose at this point.

Lines:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Sammy-Lapierre-Latandresse
Perezogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Bonk-Begin-Kostitsyn

Really there isn't much room for grabov really. But still. Kosty would be a nice addition.

Get rid of Downie + Murray. OR at the very least Downie.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
  #7
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
And when are they gonna finally be calling up Kostitsyn and Grabovski?.
Well, I wouldn't call up a injured player.

Kostitsyn on the other hand...

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
  #8
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
Maybe we're tired of hearing it because maybe, just maybe it's what we've been wanting for years and the organisation refuse to do it. They rather want to make the first round of the playoffs to fill their seats and make money than to miss the playoffs for a couple of years and play the youth and finally rebuild once and for all.

I'm just sick of it...

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
  #9
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Then play youth, if you make the playoffs, good, if not, too bad. We're not a stanley cup contender anyhow, we need to play our youth because that's the only positive thing we have going with this team so let's prepare them for the next seasons.
100% agree. Get the young players up to speed while you can. Maybe if your lucky one of them is one fire in the NHL all of the sudden, and the rest.... well the rest will be history my friends. Who knows? Maybe this kostitsyn guy comes up (another lasy russian(or belarusan???) possibly?) But then again, a young guy trying to make his way into the NHL permanently.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
  #10
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,712
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Well, I wouldn't call up a injured player.

Kostitsyn on the other hand...
Someone in the GDT last night was saying that he's in Belarus for family reasons.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
  #11
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,812
vCash: 500
According to Razorblade, Kostitsyn isn't available...

"Kind of an off topic post but does relate to the Dogs. Andrei Kostitsyn has returned to Belarus for the week to tend to family matters, but does plan on being back for Friday's tilt against the Marlies. Haven't heard if Sergei went back with him, but I hope everything turns out ok for them."
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=297641&page=18

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:39 AM
  #12
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Downie and Murray are a waste of roster space. We should bring of Grabov AND Kosty and put them on a line together. Lapierre is a C so no point in putting all three on one line, but we could fix this season if we just switched back to our past strategies. Instead of splitting up Kovalev and Koivu, put them back on the first line together along with higgins or ryder. Then we can give Lap some serious ice time up on the 2nd line the Lat and Sammy. The way I see it, we almost have nothing to lose at this point.

Lines:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Sammy-Lapierre-Latandresse
Perezogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Bonk-Begin-Kostitsyn

Really there isn't much room for grabov really. But still. Kosty would be a nice addition.

Get rid of Downie + Murray. OR at the very least Downie.

Im sure Gainey knows but it's not that easy.No team(other 29) want anything to do with guys like Murray and Downey.They are useless and teams would not even take them for half price.Im sure Gainey knows and this summer will make changes and buy out some contracts.I hope he re-signs Johnsson

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:39 AM
  #13
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
As per Team 990 news break. The question Casavant and company are asking is whether he starts on Saturday?

I'd say that Danis will be involved in a trade if Halak comes up. Danis needs to either make the jump to the Habs or be traded. He has spent enough time in the AHL....its time to use him with the Habs as the backup, ot ship him to a team that needs a goalie and is willing to give a good return back for him.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
  #14
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im sure Gainey knows but it's not that easy.No team(other 29) want anything to do with guys like Murray and Downey.They are useless and teams would not even take them for half price.Im sure Gainey knows and this summer will make changes and buy out some contracts.I hope he re-signs Johnsson

Put them on waivers and let them stay in Hamilton, come on...

But no, too afraid to do that in Montreal, Lou sent Mogilny in the minors but here in Montreal we can't even freaking send Downey and Murray down there...

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
  #15
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Maybe we're tired of hearing it because maybe, just maybe it's what we've been wanting for years and the organisation refuse to do it. They rather want to make the first round of the playoffs to fill their seats and make money than to miss the playoffs for a couple of years and play the youth and finally rebuild once and for all.

I'm just sick of it...
i know dude. but it's like the millionth post i read about that.

if they wanted it to happen, it would of by now.

but it's not. so we just have to hope for something else.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
  #16
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Carbo has told Gainey that he wants more guys that compete. Bob is going to call up Baines, Manlow, Ferland and Cote. He loved the way Niinimaa played up front, thinks he can go scoreless patrolling the wing the rest of the season, which fits into Guy's philosophy.

Lines

Baines Koivu Niinimaa
Lapierre Bonk Ferland
Murray Begin Downey
Streit Manlow Latendresse


Guy's comment before the next game: "If that group can't get the offence kick started I give up."

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
  #17
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Maybe we're tired of hearing it because maybe, just maybe it's what we've been wanting for years and the organisation refuse to do it. They rather want to make the first round of the playoffs to fill their seats and make money than to miss the playoffs for a couple of years and play the youth and finally rebuild once and for all.

I'm just sick of it...
Yeah, that could be a solution. We are drafting well and we could be the next Red Wings team...become a good team and stay a good team by drafting well...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
  #18
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,205
vCash: 500
The last guy I would put out is Samsonov right now, he plays well, I just hope Jonhson will be back by saturday, I do want Kovalev back too, just to see Murray and Downey out. If we have to call up Kost for that let's go, but pleaseall I ask for the end of the season is a little will to win and make the playoffs.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
  #19
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,703
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Downie and Murray are a waste of roster space. We should bring of Grabov AND Kosty and put them on a line together. Lapierre is a C so no point in putting all three on one line, but we could fix this season if we just switched back to our past strategies. Instead of splitting up Kovalev and Koivu, put them back on the first line together along with higgins or ryder. Then we can give Lap some serious ice time up on the 2nd line the Lat and Sammy. The way I see it, we almost have nothing to lose at this point.

Lines:

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Sammy-Lapierre-Latandresse
Perezogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Bonk-Begin-Kostitsyn

Really there isn't much room for grabov really. But still. Kosty would be a nice addition.

Get rid of Downie + Murray. OR at the very least Downie.
I see you want to bring up Kosty and Grabs, but by looking at the line-up you proposed. *Which I'm sorry, but I think it sucks*. It looks like your bringing Grabs up to sit in the pressbox as I don't see him on any of your lines.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
  #20
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Someone in the GDT last night was saying that he's in Belarus for family reasons.
Oh, hope it's nothing really serious then.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
  #21
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
y a i know, but he is right, we're losing with 5 or 6 depth players that won't be here next year... that means we are currently going nowhere

Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Kosty-Grabovski-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Pleckanek-Johnson
Bégin-Lappiere-Streit

I'm thinking that's what our line-up will look next year, might as well get rid of Ryder, Samsonov, Bonk, Murray, Downey ASAP

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
  #22
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Put them on waivers and let them stay in Hamilton, come on...

But no, too afraid to do that in Montreal, Lou sent Mogilny in the minors but here in Montreal we can't even freaking send Downey and Murray down there...
yeah that decision baffled me

why put them on waivers and not send them down?

i mean i understand for Sammy wanting to send him a message, but Murray???

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:43 AM
  #23
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,703
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Well, I wouldn't call up a injured player.

Kostitsyn on the other hand...
I think Grabs is back from his injury now.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:44 AM
  #24
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,703
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Maybe we're tired of hearing it because maybe, just maybe it's what we've been wanting for years and the organisation refuse to do it. They rather want to make the first round of the playoffs to fill their seats and make money than to miss the playoffs for a couple of years and play the youth and finally rebuild once and for all.

I'm just sick of it...
I know you are sick of it, I don't think any true Habs fan is happy with their current situation or how the situation has been for the last 10 plus years. But it could be worse, we could be Leaf fans.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:50 AM
  #25
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,824
vCash: 725
If Halak gets the call, means that he will have to play. No reason for him to come ant sit. If so, they should give the call to Danis.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.