HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nightly Scoreboard Watch

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2007, 09:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Hey Mods, can I make a new topic for this on Sunday? This one is getting too cluttered already. I'd like to make a topic where there's the scoreboard that I update every night along with standings that I can update every night so that people don't need to make new posts every night with updated standings.

Old
02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Hey Mods, can I make a new topic for this on Sunday? This one is getting too cluttered already. I'd like to make a topic where there's the scoreboard that I update every night along with standings that I can update every night so that people don't need to make new posts every night with updated standings.
that would be great, just make the post now, and let the mods delete this one later on.

Old
02-14-2007, 10:24 PM
TheRedressor

I hope everyone realizes that the Rangers have control of their own destiney with a Montreal loss tonight. Just time to tend to business.

Old
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
I hope everyone realizes that the Rangers have control of their own destiney with a Montreal loss tonight. Just time to tend to business.
That's not actually correct as there are two other teams (Toronto and Islanders) who are 3 points ahead with 1 less game to go. So technically if every team won out from here we don't make it. But I do agree with what you say about just tending to business. As I've said before, don't worry about the scoreboard or the standings, just play good hockey down the stretch and they're in.

Old
02-14-2007, 10:32 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I'm so pumped about this game vs the Canes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As An ISlanders Fan i have to say Go Rangers, I know i will be switching to that game during intermission

Old
02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's not actually correct as there are two other teams (Toronto and Islanders) who are 3 points ahead with 1 less game to go. So technically if every team won out from here we don't make it. But I do agree with what you say about just tending to business. As I've said before, don't worry about the scoreboard or the standings, just play good hockey down the stretch and they're in.
Don't forget that we still play the Islanders head to head in the final third of the season.

Old
02-14-2007, 11:04 PM
ThirdEye

Man, no Rangers hockey for almost a week has been brutal. I hope they show up tomorrow

Old
02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Man, no Rangers hockey for almost a week has been brutal. I hope they show up tomorrow
Same here. I've had my Marcel Hossa background up since the day after the last game so I have to see if it is good luck or not.

Old
02-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Huet and Giontas injuries should be interesting to keep track of, might help us out since we need to leap frog the habs, and we play the devils back to back in a few more days.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Mods, can you please close/delete the old one? Thanks.
The thread is active, so I'm not going to close it. Yours was merged with the previous thread, ONLY because you obviously put a lot of work into it. PLEASE do not post duplicate threads going forward or they are going to be deleted and you will receive an infraction.

I don't like the idea of new threads every day. Inevitably, there's going to be some good discussion in thesse threads that I don't want to chop off in the name of starting a thread for the next day. People may also want to chime in the previous nights results.

Of course, that's just MY opinion, so I'll listen to opposing views on the topic if there are any.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:46 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well I already have the same scoreboard near the top of this thread, but I wanted to have the Standings up there too in a seperate post. Ah well, guess I'll have to improvise.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Well I already have the same scoreboard near the top of this thread, but I wanted to have the Standings up there too in a seperate post. Ah well, guess I'll have to improvise.
Are you committed to updating the first post in the thread daily if I restart your thread and keep it as the one and only "nightly scoreboard watch"? I can also assign mod privelges for that thread to a helper if you can solicit one so you can both edit the first post.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:10 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Yes I am and a helper would be fine . Whomever volunteers. Otherwise I see that nyrmessier011 posts the standings after every game, so he can be the helper.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 02-15-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I put money on the fact that Montreal misses the playoffs. Right now, we're in a decent spot. Games in hand, playing better (at least from the last 2 games) the team in 8th is in a tailspin and falling faster than a sack of bricks, and neither Toronto or the Islanders are extremely strong. We NEED to win tonight though.

Closed Thread