HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sens & Panthers - 7:30

Old
02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Erick G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Gerber was alright. I mean, he wasn't really tested. Florida really is a bad team. I think that might have been one of the most boring games I have ever watched. It amazes me how winning games makes you go away happy watching a boring product versus a game where you aren't sure of the outcome all the time, but are on the edge of your seat....thank you Jacques Martin.

Anyone else watch the game on TV??? What the hell was that advertising for the Daytona 500 this weekend??? The Florida station would have this cartoonish style ad appear promoting the Daytona 500 taking up 50% of the screen while the play was on going. Happened at least twice.
Welcome to american tv
Nascar trumps all

Erick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Jerrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He was decent in his own zone.

I think Neil isn't a great fit for that line and I'd rather see McAmmond on the wing.

Dany certainly isn't the dominant player we saw when Spezza was out but he's still playing responsible defence at least.
I'm thinking that they need to be split up for good.

Heatley - Comrie - Alfie
Eaves - Spezza - Vermette
Shaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - Mcamond

What about something like that?

Jerrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Gr8full

Quote:
Gerber was alright. I mean, he wasn't really tested. Florida really is a bad team. I think that might have been one of the most boring games I have ever watched. It amazes me how winning games makes you go away happy watching a boring product versus a game where you aren't sure of the outcome all the time, but are on the edge of your seat....thank you Jacques Martin.

Anyone else watch the game on TV??? What the hell was that advertising for the Daytona 500 this weekend??? The Florida station would have this cartoonish style ad appear promoting the Daytona 500 taking up 50% of the screen while the play was on going. Happened at least twice.
A couple of Bruins and Devils games have been much worse.

And go Jeff Gordon. Number 24 same as A-Train.

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:53 PM
hockeycountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He was decent in his own zone.

I think Neil isn't a great fit for that line and I'd rather see McAmmond on the wing.

Dany certainly isn't the dominant player we saw when Spezza was out but he's still playing responsible defence at least.
I really thought McAmmond might get to stay up there for this game, since McAmmond produced with them last game in the third. Neil works in theory on that line (a guy who'll stand in front of the net/add a little grit), but in practice it never quite translates.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
EJsens1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8full View Post
A couple of Bruins and Devils games have been much worse.

And go Jeff Gordon. Number 24 same as A-Train.
That game was near the top for snoozers. As much as I hate CBC for their bias and lack of integrity, their production of games is a mile above everyone elses, including TSN. Sportsnet is boring and A-Channel is a welfare version of the games. Obviously I like having it on TV as opposed to nothing, but I can't wait for the day when every game will be in HD and we don't have to have this discussion.

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:56 PM
the gonq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
We all know Swiss Cheese gets better with age.

....or does it?
I think it has to do with this Swiss Cheese sitting out soo long that mold has grown in and filled all it's holes

the gonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
armani
Guy Likes

I was at the game. It was kind of boring, but Ottawa played mistake-free hockey most of the night. Gerber was very solid and as I posted on another thread, his value is only going to get higher after these three games. Ottawa needs both of its goalies at the top of their games to make a Stanley Cup run.

This team is not as talented as last year's, but I like the teamwork that they are currently displaying. As long as they watch out for each other, this team has potential to go all the way, IMHO, even without a trade. Speaking of trades...

Gary Roberts was an a$$hole the entire night. But I would love this guy for the stretch run as well, just to give this team that extra oomph.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
I was at the game. It was kind of boring, but Ottawa played mistake-free hockey most of the night. Gerber was very solid and as I posted on another thread, his value is only going to get higher after these three games. Ottawa needs both of its goalies at the top of their games to make a Stanley Cup run.

This team is not as talented as last year's, but I like the teamwork that they are currently displaying. As long as they watch out for each other, this team has potential to go all the way, IMHO, even without a trade. Speaking of trades...

Gary Roberts was an a$$hole the entire night. But I would love this guy for the stretch run as well, just to give this team that extra oomph.
I agree with this post, including the being at the game part.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:22 AM
kyle747

I saw the game on TV and i thought we looked pretty bad - fortunately the Panthers looked even worse. Ottawa's defense continues to struggle coughing up the puck and making bad passes out of the zone. Even more alarming is the inability to clear the puck - that is what will likely result in a short playoff this year.

If this kind of criticism seems unfair in a 4-0 win, well It's more a case of where i think we need to be.

I thought the FLA young defense was quite respectable at controlling the play around their net and did a good job disrupting Ottawas attack into the offensive zone. Down low offensively Ottawa's speed allowed them to control the play - Alfredson was able to wheel around a few times and was quite entertaining. Could have had a few goals maybe.

The Panthers have no real offense and really didn't create much we didn't gift wrap for them. It's very unnerving to watch the Ottawa D back off from the blue line - I've been harping lately that we need help there.

Neil playing on the top line had a few good chances but it's clear to me that the game is too fast for him at top line speed. He hesitates on chances someone else could score on. Not a knock on him - he went to the right spots on the ice. Would rather see someone else there.
Will I ever see a Comrie- Alfie combo ?

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:

I kept getting SO PISSED at that stupid daytona 500 thing popping up, it seriously took up half the screen WHILE play was going on. I counted 3 times them doing that. The most annoying thing, ever. Not sure if its all local fox stations or just Florida doing it, but whoever thought to do that during a game has no sense.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:15 AM
freakin

no doubt Gerber got the SO, he would've got one by now but he doesn't like embarrassing teams. The dude's charity work starts on the ice sometimes, he's too good of a person sometimes.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
no doubt Gerber got the SO, he would've got one by now but he doesn't like embarrassing teams. The dude's charity work starts on the ice sometimes, he's too good of a person sometimes.
What? So ... he hadn't gotten a shutout earlier because he was a good person and didn't want to embarrass the other team?

Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
freakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
What? So ... he hadn't gotten a shutout earlier because he was a good person and didn't want to embarrass the other team?
yes

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote