HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sens & Panthers - 7:30

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
  #251
Erick G
Registered User
 
Erick G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Gerber was alright. I mean, he wasn't really tested. Florida really is a bad team. I think that might have been one of the most boring games I have ever watched. It amazes me how winning games makes you go away happy watching a boring product versus a game where you aren't sure of the outcome all the time, but are on the edge of your seat....thank you Jacques Martin.

Anyone else watch the game on TV??? What the hell was that advertising for the Daytona 500 this weekend??? The Florida station would have this cartoonish style ad appear promoting the Daytona 500 taking up 50% of the screen while the play was on going. Happened at least twice.
Welcome to american tv
Nascar trumps all

Erick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:49 PM
  #252
Jerrico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He was decent in his own zone.

I think Neil isn't a great fit for that line and I'd rather see McAmmond on the wing.

Dany certainly isn't the dominant player we saw when Spezza was out but he's still playing responsible defence at least.
I'm thinking that they need to be split up for good.

Heatley - Comrie - Alfie
Eaves - Spezza - Vermette
Shaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - Mcamond

What about something like that?

Jerrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
  #253
Gr8full
Registered User
 
Gr8full's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Gerber was alright. I mean, he wasn't really tested. Florida really is a bad team. I think that might have been one of the most boring games I have ever watched. It amazes me how winning games makes you go away happy watching a boring product versus a game where you aren't sure of the outcome all the time, but are on the edge of your seat....thank you Jacques Martin.

Anyone else watch the game on TV??? What the hell was that advertising for the Daytona 500 this weekend??? The Florida station would have this cartoonish style ad appear promoting the Daytona 500 taking up 50% of the screen while the play was on going. Happened at least twice.
A couple of Bruins and Devils games have been much worse.

And go Jeff Gordon. Number 24 same as A-Train.

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:53 PM
  #254
hockeycountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He was decent in his own zone.

I think Neil isn't a great fit for that line and I'd rather see McAmmond on the wing.

Dany certainly isn't the dominant player we saw when Spezza was out but he's still playing responsible defence at least.
I really thought McAmmond might get to stay up there for this game, since McAmmond produced with them last game in the third. Neil works in theory on that line (a guy who'll stand in front of the net/add a little grit), but in practice it never quite translates.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
  #255
EJsens1
Registered User
 
EJsens1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8full View Post
A couple of Bruins and Devils games have been much worse.

And go Jeff Gordon. Number 24 same as A-Train.
That game was near the top for snoozers. As much as I hate CBC for their bias and lack of integrity, their production of games is a mile above everyone elses, including TSN. Sportsnet is boring and A-Channel is a welfare version of the games. Obviously I like having it on TV as opposed to nothing, but I can't wait for the day when every game will be in HD and we don't have to have this discussion.

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 11:56 PM
  #256
the gonq
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
We all know Swiss Cheese gets better with age.

....or does it?
I think it has to do with this Swiss Cheese sitting out soo long that mold has grown in and filled all it's holes

the gonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
  #257
armani
Guy Likes
 
armani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
I was at the game. It was kind of boring, but Ottawa played mistake-free hockey most of the night. Gerber was very solid and as I posted on another thread, his value is only going to get higher after these three games. Ottawa needs both of its goalies at the top of their games to make a Stanley Cup run.

This team is not as talented as last year's, but I like the teamwork that they are currently displaying. As long as they watch out for each other, this team has potential to go all the way, IMHO, even without a trade. Speaking of trades...

Gary Roberts was an a$$hole the entire night. But I would love this guy for the stretch run as well, just to give this team that extra oomph.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
  #258
RTWAP*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thug Life
Country: US Virgin Islands
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
I was at the game. It was kind of boring, but Ottawa played mistake-free hockey most of the night. Gerber was very solid and as I posted on another thread, his value is only going to get higher after these three games. Ottawa needs both of its goalies at the top of their games to make a Stanley Cup run.

This team is not as talented as last year's, but I like the teamwork that they are currently displaying. As long as they watch out for each other, this team has potential to go all the way, IMHO, even without a trade. Speaking of trades...

Gary Roberts was an a$$hole the entire night. But I would love this guy for the stretch run as well, just to give this team that extra oomph.
I agree with this post, including the being at the game part.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:22 AM
  #259
kyle747
Registered User
 
kyle747's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 500
I saw the game on TV and i thought we looked pretty bad - fortunately the Panthers looked even worse. Ottawa's defense continues to struggle coughing up the puck and making bad passes out of the zone. Even more alarming is the inability to clear the puck - that is what will likely result in a short playoff this year.

If this kind of criticism seems unfair in a 4-0 win, well It's more a case of where i think we need to be.

I thought the FLA young defense was quite respectable at controlling the play around their net and did a good job disrupting Ottawas attack into the offensive zone. Down low offensively Ottawa's speed allowed them to control the play - Alfredson was able to wheel around a few times and was quite entertaining. Could have had a few goals maybe.

The Panthers have no real offense and really didn't create much we didn't gift wrap for them. It's very unnerving to watch the Ottawa D back off from the blue line - I've been harping lately that we need help there.

Neil playing on the top line had a few good chances but it's clear to me that the game is too fast for him at top line speed. He hesitates on chances someone else could score on. Not a knock on him - he went to the right spots on the ice. Would rather see someone else there.
Will I ever see a Comrie- Alfie combo ?

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
  #260
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
Gerber was alright. I mean, he wasn't really tested. Florida really is a bad team. I think that might have been one of the most boring games I have ever watched. It amazes me how winning games makes you go away happy watching a boring product versus a game where you aren't sure of the outcome all the time, but are on the edge of your seat....thank you Jacques Martin.

Anyone else watch the game on TV??? What the hell was that advertising for the Daytona 500 this weekend??? The Florida station would have this cartoonish style ad appear promoting the Daytona 500 taking up 50% of the screen while the play was on going. Happened at least twice.
I kept getting SO PISSED at that stupid daytona 500 thing popping up, it seriously took up half the screen WHILE play was going on. I counted 3 times them doing that. The most annoying thing, ever. Not sure if its all local fox stations or just Florida doing it, but whoever thought to do that during a game has no sense.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:15 AM
  #261
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
no doubt Gerber got the SO, he would've got one by now but he doesn't like embarrassing teams. The dude's charity work starts on the ice sometimes, he's too good of a person sometimes.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
  #262
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa > Wisconsin.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
no doubt Gerber got the SO, he would've got one by now but he doesn't like embarrassing teams. The dude's charity work starts on the ice sometimes, he's too good of a person sometimes.
What? So ... he hadn't gotten a shutout earlier because he was a good person and didn't want to embarrass the other team?

Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:46 AM
  #263
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
What? So ... he hadn't gotten a shutout earlier because he was a good person and didn't want to embarrass the other team?
yes

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.