HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blake Trade?( isles fan wondering)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2007, 02:47 PM
  #1
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny
 
Koobs11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Blake Trade?( isles fan wondering)

Hey everyone im an Islander fan....not here to cause trouble or anything...its known that Blake and Lavy get along well...i was wondering if you guys have heard anything about Ladd and Tanabe coming to the Island in exchange for Blake, Bates/Draft pick or anything like that and any info on Ladd and Tanabe? just wondering thanks for any info

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
  #2
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
We will not trade Ladd for Jason Blake, end of story.

I could see us doing a defenseman and some picks or something but definitely not Ladd for Blake straight up.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
  #3
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny
 
Koobs11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
what ive read was blake and a prospect or draft pick along with shawn bates ( which most likely not probable given his groin) for Ladd or Tanabe or both idk, just curious and what would you offer up for Blake or is he not really needed or wanted down there? just curious...im not a big fan of him on the island an i wanna see what we can get for him elsewhere....and ive heard carolinas name droped several times so i htought i would inquire

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:32 PM
  #4
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaryk11 View Post
what ive read was blake and a prospect or draft pick along with shawn bates ( which most likely not probable given his groin) for Ladd or Tanabe or both idk, just curious and what would you offer up for Blake or is he not really needed or wanted down there? just curious...im not a big fan of him on the island an i wanna see what we can get for him elsewhere....and ive heard carolinas name droped several times so i htought i would inquire
I'd give Tanabe and a late round pick. Blake is overrated.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
  #5
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDFA View Post
I'd give Tanabe and a late round pick. Blake is overrated.
glad you think that way... because tanabe and a late pick would get you a cherry flavored tootsie roll pop in return.

hope you like cherry.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
  #6
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 26,311
vCash: 500
But I'm sure you can agree Blake isn't worth Ladd. And the team really has no use for Bates.

I really really hope they keep Ladd and trade a goaltending prospect or something alone those lines.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:24 PM
  #7
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 2498
That's the one thing that really has me wondering at this point. If there is one position we can truely afford to give something up it's in net, although we may be better off doing so next year then this year. Peters is still looking VERY raw and inconsistent in Albany but showing promise of becoming a good backup at worst, Nastiuk's numbers are starting to come around in Vegas after an early season injury, Kowalski is once again putting up solid numbers in Florida but isn't going to suplant Peters in Albany in the long or short term. For our euro goalies, Manzato has a TON of promise but isn't putting the numbers he was last year. Akerlund is in the lower leagues and is putting up awsome numbers, but who knows how that will translate to even the ECHL level next year. One of our guys in net is going to be dealt, my money would go on Nasty.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
  #8
Obi Wan LaRosie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
But I'm sure you can agree Blake isn't worth Ladd. And the team really has no use for Bates.

I really really hope they keep Ladd and trade a goaltending prospect or something alone those lines.
this is the first time I have heard "goaltending prospect" mentioned on our boards as trade bait. I really think that whatever we do of any substance is going to include one of those goaltenders. Cam is going to be here for a while, so there is no need for 6 prospects in our system....little exaggeration there, but you get my point....we have a few.

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
  #9
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache View Post
this is the first time I have heard "goaltending prospect" mentioned on our boards as trade bait. I really think that whatever we do of any substance is going to include one of those goaltenders. Cam is going to be here for a while, so there is no need for 6 prospects in our system....little exaggeration there, but you get my point....we have a few.
sadly you're just 1 off. 5 prospects is overkill, although wether Kowalski can still be termed a prospect is questionable right now at best.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
  #10
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 26,311
vCash: 500
Exactly. That's why I don't understand all the trade Ladd crap that keeps going around. I know they won't bring back what he would but partner them with a pick or defenseman or both and that's not that bad of a package.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 07:05 PM
  #11
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer
 
JustJoe2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
That's the one thing that really has me wondering at this point. If there is one position we can truely afford to give something up it's in net, although we may be better off doing so next year then this year. Peters is still looking VERY raw and inconsistent in Albany but showing promise of becoming a good backup at worst, Nastiuk's numbers are starting to come around in Vegas after an early season injury, Kowalski is once again putting up solid numbers in Florida but isn't going to suplant Peters in Albany in the long or short term. For our euro goalies, Manzato has a TON of promise but isn't putting the numbers he was last year. Akerlund is in the lower leagues and is putting up awsome numbers, but who knows how that will translate to even the ECHL level next year. One of our guys in net is going to be dealt, my money would go on Nasty.
Someone will need to be moved, as the Hurricanes plan to promote Daniel Manzato to the AHL next season.

If it'll save Andrew Ladd, I would put any of our goaltender prospects on the block.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
  #12
DeputyDan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
To the OP - The answer is no, there have been no rumors floating around Raleigh regarding Blake.

DeputyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
  #13
caniac247
Registered User
 
caniac247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
I have heard Blake's name pop up around here. However, I'll have to nix the part about Ladd. Ladd's name is properly being bought up for 2 reasons: 1) he's the only forward that JR could give up that would bring anything valuable back and 2) he wasn't producing the way JR and Lavi want him to produce.

Here's my explanation on why Ladd will not be traded based on these 2 assumptions:

1) JR is not going to offer up his top 6 (Stillman, Cole, Staal, Brindy, Williams, and Whitney). He also will not offer up Walker and I doubt he will offer up Adams and LaRose. So that leaves Ladd and Letowski. Letowski will get you nothing, Ladd on the other hand will. I don't see Ladd being offered either, see reason #2.

2) Ladd hasn't been producing like they want because a) he's been playing on the fourth line and b) some games only plays like 1 minute. However, with Stillman being injured, Lavi is giving Ladd a huge opportunity by playing him alongside Staal. And Ladd is passing this test. Lavi has been impressed with his play.

Hence these are 2 reasons why I don't see Ladd being involved in any trade. I seriously doubt they are ready to give up on him, especially with his recent play and what he can do if used the right way (ie not as a 4th line grinder)

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
  #14
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I agree. I think a lot of Carolina wanting to get out of Ladd was the fact that he wasn't showing signs of progression with the franchise. Now that he's playing the way that the organization thought he could play, he's not a likely candidate to be dealt.

Babchuk on the other hand. Well, let's say he's available.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.