Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Rafeal Rotter

Old
01-05-2007, 07:27 AM
stormfan#20#33

vCash: 500
Rafeal Rotter

I like the style of rotters play buthave you ever noticed he gets pushed around to much and no one stands up for him. I think it would be wise to trade him to plymouth, erie, or oshawa so he could do something on the ice, and have players who would stand up for him.

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:32 PM
kenadian

1st Doig now Rotter........who's next on your list?

kenadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

He gets pushed around a lot because he's a friggin' midget. Teams caught on to his little games last year. You can only skate circles with the puck for so long before someone knocks you on your ***. He takes dumb penalties too. I'm all for trading him.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:35 PM
ringetterox15

nate gerbe!-short and talented and well rotter stand up for himself i saw him punch a guy from london about 6'2" the guy ended up hurt

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
hockeyprincess

Raphy is the kind of guy who will stand up for himself.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Raphy is the kind of guy who will stand up for himself.
He might think he has the balls to stand up for himself. He's even got a real fight to his credit against Cescon and he didn't lose. But he's just too small to strike fear into anyone. If he pushes after the whistle, he's ending up on his *** or he's being laughed at.

Old
01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
FearTheFlyers

He's useless. I'd just laugh at him if he were against me.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFlyers View Post
He's useless. I'd just laugh at him if he were against me.
Yep.

Last year he was a novelty and defenses couldn't contain him. This year, it's the exact opposite. His offensive game is stale and defenses can just run right over him.

Old
01-06-2007, 01:06 PM
ringetterox15

wrong...i think he is a strong player who may not make it to the NHL but i think he could play in Europe

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
wrong...i think he is a strong player who may not make it to the NHL but i think he could play in Europe
He's already proved he can play in Europe. Hardly any contact, much more ice for him to dance around un-scathed. His game just isn't very effective over here once defenses caught on to his moves.

Old
02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
lilmccollum33

Rotter may be a munchkin but is a steller player and in the past couple of games and weeks he has stepped up his game. Now that the storm has Hedman he has a lil more protection, even though most of the time he could take care of it him self and saying no one protects him well i was at Kitchner for their last game and if i am not mistaken rotter was creamed into the boards(a clean hit) and Ryan Pottruff skates ove rto the kid from behind and threw him on his a** thats sounds like protection to me he has stepped up his play latly along with Tyler Melancon and Jeff Hayes they are all munchkins but are strong players, my opinion

lilmccollum33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
knights2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmccollum33 View Post
Rotter may be a munchkin but is a steller player and in the past couple of games and weeks he has stepped up his game. Now that the storm has Hedman he has a lil more protection, even though most of the time he could take care of it him self and saying no one protects him well i was at Kitchner for their last game and if i am not mistaken rotter was creamed into the boards(a clean hit) and Ryan Pottruff skates ove rto the kid from behind and threw him on his a** thats sounds like protection to me he has stepped up his play latly along with Tyler Melancon and Jeff Hayes they are all munchkins but are strong players, my opinion
Good lord!!! 101 words and 514 characters without a period. I thought I was going to go cross-eyed trying to follow this. Quite a relief to make it to the end but then I lost track of what I had read. Hate to sound like an English teacher but please try to write with some semblance of the English language; people might actually decide to read your posts rather than skipping over them. You'll also find out that others will more likely respect your opinion if it's well-written - I assume this is the ultimate objective (or reason) for your post.

knights2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

I don't have a problem with small players who stick to a certain type of game. But I get the impression that Rotter spends most of his time trying to prove he isn't small. He is quite energetic, but it seems like a lot of that energy gets wasted.

On the other hand, any time a thread gets started on somebody and there are responses, he must be getting noticed. And he does have 47 points this yr and had 11 in the playoffs last year. Not quite sure what to make of this character.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I don't have a problem with small players who stick to a certain type of game. But I get the impression that Rotter spends most of his time trying to prove he isn't small. He is quite energetic, but it seems like a lot of that energy gets wasted.

On the other hand, any time a thread gets started on somebody and there are responses, he must be getting noticed. And he does have 47 points this yr and had 11 in the playoffs last year. Not quite sure what to make of this character.
I don't know what to make of him either.

Some nights you're amazed, some nights you're left shaking your head.

I agree with what you said about how he tries to prove he's bigger than he is. Last year in the playoffs he actually took on the role of pest and it worked well. He had big lumbering guys chasing him all over the ice looking to get their shots in and he drew a lot of penalties that way.

This year he's taken a ton of dumb penalties. I mean really dumb. He hooks more than anyone I've ever seen.

Since Doig's trade, he's stepped up and is producing really well (before the trade deadline he was a major disappointment this year). I usually trust Barr's decisions on the defensive side of the game but I question that he plays the PK.

He's not as fast as people seem to think, but he's slippery and elusive - and with less hooking and holding he's able to literally duck under checks and avoid being defended. He's a good complimentary player but not that great as a go-to guy.

Old
02-11-2007, 10:51 AM
lilmccollum33

Right now it seems that him and Jeff Hayes are the pest on the ice now. Hayes seems to be able to get more penaltys called then Rotter but both have stepped up their game since the trade deadline. Hes been a toss up this year.

lilmccollum33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Samshow

I went to the game against london last thursday and Rotter dominated the offensive zone all night. Not to mention the fact that he ran Foreman over, then Foreman went and took a 10 min major. I dont get to see guelph play often but when I have rotter has made his presence felt.

Samshow is offline   Reply With Quote